Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #295
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
May I suggest a rotating meet (East, Central, West). That way no section of the country is left out.
I think that's the best way to do it. Eventually tracks all over the country will be approaching C5 to get us to pick them.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #296
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
A few suggestions:

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/

Indianapolis, Indiana

http://www.midohio.com/

The Hot Rod Power Tour moved East of the Mississippi and the attendance grew dramatically. It has been so strong they are having a hard time getting back to the West Coast. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania have a population base of 50 million. Add in New York and Jersey and you are over 70 million. Last I checked, the West Coast had only two states in the top 20 for population.

Mid Ohio is great track, but a bit isolated. Joliet is close to Chicago and lots to do in the area. People could plan a week vacation around a Joliet or Indy based C5Fest.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #297
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

Need to find out facility rentals at the locations mentioned.

Vegas is first rate track, but may be too expensive. (Anyone check?)
It's a host city, and what they do, they do very well. Hotel's are first rate and inexpensive.

Topeka seems like the middle of no where, but the west coast peeps (milk) will have a great drive thru the rockies on I-70... You'll take back that 'corn' comment LOL... Denver to Topeka is a pisser, but you could head south and see the largest ball of twine in the world Or run across I-40 with a detour and check out that big crack in the earth, what's it called, up north of Flagstaff? Grand something or other.

Texas is a good option, but would add miles for anyone in the New England states and Washington/Oregon/northern Californee.
I'll take it back when I see it for myself

So far I know I am right on the desert comment. Nothing but desert and straight roads all the way through Nevada and neighboring states.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #298
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I think that's the best way to do it. Eventually tracks all over the country will be approaching C5 to get us to pick them.
Long Term, we agree. It should be moved around. I'm thinking the cental location needs to be a little more north of Texas.... but we aren't quite down that road just yet.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #299
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

Drives: 93 C1500, VR Big Block 70 Camaro RS
id say Indy. its pretty centralized, but still somewhat eastish. and i definately woulda went if it werent 10 hrs away on a weekend with school the next monday
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #300
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A few suggestions:

Indianapolis, Indiana

The Hot Rod Power Tour moved East of the Mississippi and the attendance grew dramatically. It has been so strong they are having a hard time getting back to the West Coast. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania have a population base of 50 million. Add in New York and Jersey and you are over 70 million. Last I checked, the West Coast had only two states in the top 20 for population.

Mid Ohio is great track, but a bit isolated. Joliet is close to Chicago and lots to do in the area. People could plan a week vacation around a Joliet or Indy based C5Fest.
I think Pete is on to something here! We could cruise around the Indy 500 track and have plenty of room for all the cars!
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #301
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
...Firebird is being considered...Vegas Motor Speedway and Reno/Tahoe are on the list so far.
Firebird would be an excellent choice and the cost would be much more reasonable than Cali or Vegas tracks. Reno seems to be a good option too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
...NOOOOWWWW Firebird - WOW, talk about versatile? Care to Drag Race Boats & Camaros for C5FII?...
IMHO, Firebird should be considered as one of the top two options...Everyone should check out their website because it's a true "All-in-One" facility :

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/web/trackrentals.html

Last edited by Mod4SS; 04-23-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #302
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Is Reno-Fernley Raceway even open? Their website looks like it's down and a google search showed that they were looking to sell.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #303
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Just thought I'd chime in that this link is a very good resource for seeing what tracks are in what state and what sort of facilities they have. The majority of the tracks also have a link to be able to check it out on google maps aerial images
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #304
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
A few suggestions:

Indianapolis, Indiana

Population is nice and all... but aren't we looking more at Camaro5 population, not over all people population?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #305
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
+1

Vegas Speedway!

Thats got my vote!

or

Firebird Raceway in Phoenix
Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #306
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Population is nice and all... but aren't we looking more at Camaro5 population, not over all people population?
The bulk of domestic auto sales are in the Midwest. Last I checked it was about 70% in the Midwest with the remaining 30% split on the East and West Coasts. The Asian companies dominate California auto sales. California is GM's single biggest growth opportunity in North America. I could be wrong, but my guess is you'll find the majority of 5th Gen Camaro owners live East of the Mississippi.

Scott s. or John F. may be willing to comment on this.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #307
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Firebird is definitely my second choice...
We ran a high speed autocross out there a couple of year ago. I think we used the West course. It was a very good event.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #308
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
The bulk of domestic auto sales are in the Midwest. Last I checked it was about 70% in the Midwest with the remaining 30% split on the East and West Coasts. The Asian companies dominate California auto sales. California is GM's single biggest growth opportunity in North America. I could be wrong, but my guess is you'll find the majority of 5th Gen Camaro owners live East of the Mississippi.

Scott s. or John F. may be willing to comment on this.
Regardless of market saturation...we're currently "testing the West Coast" waters, so to speak...I think there's reason to expect to be able to hold an event out West AT LEAST as big and successful as C5FII...

But just know we are talking about all of this....We've set a high bar this year, and intend on beating it!

Closed Thread