Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
Beezwax

Drives: Public Transportation
need speed for a jeep? http://ststurbo.com/jeep_wrangler

Turbos480hp capable Turbochargers - upgrades availableWastegateSTS-Turbosmart WastegatesBlow-Off ValveSTS-Turbosmart Blow-Off ValveIntercoolerFront Mount Air-to-Air Polished Aluminum IntercoolerTuningHandheld Tuner, Upgraded Fuel Injectors, and STS Base Tune
WarrantyOne Year Limited Parts Warranty
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1220 View Post
Why not look at a used WK1 (old style) SRT8? I was looking everywhere for a good deal on one but a camaro SS fell in my lap and I couldn't pass up the deal. The SRT's are absolute beasts though (my brother had one before he got his GT-R, that bastard). They have almost all of the functionality of the wranglers but also haul serious a$$, and mods are fairly cheap. They just don't seem to be selling for anywhere near retail unfortunately...
Because they are about as reliable as a political promise this time of year. Gremlins were installed at the factory level in all Grand Cherokees. I would NEVER own one out of warranty...but yes, they are deliciously quick when not in the shop or throwing codes.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Because they are about as reliable as a political promise this time of year. Gremlins were installed at the factory level in all Grand Cherokees. I would NEVER own one out of warranty...but yes, they are deliciously quick when not in the shop or throwing codes.

I have to say that I have known alot of Grand Cherokee owners that would agree with this statement.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #18
2011ozzy

Drives: 2011 ss
Buy a hard top for the jeep you have ,aftermarket ac and a lift kit with wheels .And keep the Camaro.?
2011ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
ROADWAR
Dead Man Riding

Drives: 2012 1LT
You will love the new engine in the Wrangler, but you will miss your Camaro badly. Take it from somebody who had to go 11 years between Camaros.
Front Bowtie delete

Former Camaros:
1982 Z28 4 speed manual
1985 Z28 TPI automatic
1995 Z28 6 speed manual
ROADWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #20
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
I had an 04 Wrangler Rubicon for 3 years and I loved it. I finally got tired of going slow and traded it. A couple years ago I test drove a new one and it was even slower, so I wrote it off. Now that they have the new engine if I ever get another car that's what it will be.

You've got a tough decision there. If you trade the Camaro you might miss the power, if you don't you'll probably continue to want a new Jeep. They are both fun in their own way. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
It doesn't really sound like you are in a financial bind, just sounds like you want a better DD.

If you are in a financial bind: Get rid of the Camaro.

If not: Look for a nicer used Jeep?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
About a month ago we bought a Jeep for my wife and after owning it for that long I am now "jonesing" for one myself, I am fighting the urge to get one right now because I really like my Camaro, however I think I am going to wait until I see some used 12s and 13s come out.
Wranglers are on top of the list for best resale value, the Camaro is #10 on that list(wish I could dig the list up for you , but I just recently was looking at it)
I want a '12 or newer because I still have to use it for my commuting which is high mileage and the newer Jeeps save gas a little better than the older ones.
Here in GA I found that locating a Jeep at a reasonable price is nonexistant, we managed to get ours for a killer deal but that was after some serious research on the internet, and we went in with cash and knocked it down some more at the dealership.
We got the hard top and frankly, I am pleased with that decision, I will be locating a soft top for it before next summer. I have designed a lift that will remove the top within a few minutes in my garage.
I would go for the Jeep if I was you, as time goes by I am thinking more and more about getting one for myself, until then I will keep fixing/modding the one we have and my wife will continue to break it. We are just loving having that Jeep.

IMGP3082.jpg by MacawDude 007, on Flickr

IMGP3091.jpg by MacawDude 007, on Flickr
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
If you're asking the question, I suggest you do it. I think once you get rid of your Camaro you won't regret it. If later on you want another one, I bet Camaro6 will be even better.

I go by this rule, and it has never failed me:
If in doubt to buy, don't buy.
If in doubt to sell, then sell.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Get one. Keep it fresh and love what you drive

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
If the jeep is the an SRT i'd do it....that is if i was board of my car which i aint but u catch my drift.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
If the jeep is the an SRT i'd do it....that is if i was board of my car which i aint but u catch my drift.
It's gotta be a newer Wrangler. My current wrangler with 33's gets just north of 20mpg with the minivan 3.8 and a 6-speed. I commute almost 50 miles/day, and the 3.6 is supposed to do better than 20mpg, which is fine by me.

I also actually take the Jeep off road. The Wrangler has an advantage because of the short wheelbase (mine is an '09 X), and the steep approach/departure angles, plus it's still got conventional part-time (front/rear diffs and t-case) versus a center diff/AWD or an electronic coupler.

No offense to anyone who owns a GC...I've never been into "fast" trucks (that's not their purpose, IMO), and the newer GC's are nice, but they're wimpy offroad.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Well your SS is only a 1ss so I am sure your not going to miss much.

In all seriousness, if you dont drive car A then sure get rid of it and get a car you will drive more often.
I am in a different situation where I want a car I can take to the race course. So I am saving for a 1LE, of course only a 1ss who needs HUD or leather its a freaking race car. lol...

I say get the Jeep
Old 09-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Well your SS is only a 1ss so I am sure your not going to miss much.

In all seriousness, if you dont drive car A then sure get rid of it and get a car you will drive more often.
I am in a different situation where I want a car I can take to the race course. So I am saving for a 1LE, of course only a 1ss who needs HUD or leather its a freaking race car. lol...

I say get the Jeep
haha. It's a 2SS.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote