Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #43
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
And on a side note I went an got me a tow rig over the weekend. After getting almost stuck out of town I decided it was time.

Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #44
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Yes I agree on the slave cylinder as well. This is what I said from the beginning but they are going by their book and GM authorization. My buddy is friends with the service manager where I go so I am going to pull that card tomorrow and go straight to him. Going to ask them to just go in and replace them both. May also try and pick up a new clutch and have them throw it in since they will need to drop tranny for this.

This is the new pedal set up
Man this blows you guys are both having issues. Since they well need to pull Trans to replace Slave you should both be having them install the Tick Speed Bleeder on the clutch. Been doing a lot of reading since the day after our Track Day and see a lot of guys having issues. From what I'm seeing is one of the main reasons for failure is contaminated fluid. Most guys Tracking like we do flush fluid often. The way GM has the slave set up it cause the fluid to get dirty quick. My ride is only 6 weeks old and can notice the difference in fluid color already. Speed Bleeder will allow you to change it easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Thanks, im bringing this to their attention.

Hey Todd long time. Glad to hear your engine issue is over, i wish i could make Laguna, but no tires, money, etc.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #45
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
Yes I agree on the slave cylinder as well. This is what I said from the beginning but they are going by their book and GM authorization. My buddy is friends with the service manager where I go so I am going to pull that card tomorrow and go straight to him. Going to ask them to just go in and replace them both. May also try and pick up a new clutch and have them throw it in since they will need to drop tranny for this.
I agree with slick, since you have a buddy there and are buying a clutch........get them to install the speed bleeder. It can't hurt to flush out the slave.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:24 AM   #46
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
This is the new pedal set up
You accepted the car back like this?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #47
Balue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
You accepted the car back like this?
I am not so worried about the miss matched pedals I can correct that later. I just want the clutch in solid working order again.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #48
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Sorry to hear you both continue to have problems. Hope you can get it resolved. Don't forget the lemon law thingy, but hopefully it does not come to that.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #49
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Mine is fine now, I'll have to see the part number they replaced. It was the clutch pedal assembly.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #50
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Bummer Mark, sorry to hear you're having this issue. I left my setup stock, probably 16 hard track days and no issues. I bleed often.

PS- New engine is in, getting ready for the maiden voyage. Hoping to go to Laguna Seca the Friday after Thanksgiving. This will be the first time back on the track, so I'm gonna go slow and watch oil pressure, temperature, 02 sensors, Etc. $200 with the NorCal Shelby Club, join me if you can.
Wish I could go Todd, but I already promised the "wifey" I'm done for this year on track days. Why did I do this, I must be insane obviously...
Old 11-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #51
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Wish I could go Todd, but I already promised the "wifey" I'm done for this year on track days. Why did I do this, I must be insane obviously...
No, you're not insane, just keeping the peace.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #52
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Hey Mark, yes I gotta try to strike that balance with my lady too. Next year is going be interesting, as I will be doing a NASA time trial or race every month for the whole year. I told her I'm gonna need her support and understanding. Fingers crossed, she's cool with the plan so far.

Hope to see you on track sometime early next year.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #53
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Hey Todd, that would be super cool to do that every month :-), good luck. That would be cool to get a bunch of together and do a track day.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #54
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Hey Todd, that would be super cool to do that every month :-), good luck. That would be cool to get a bunch of together and do a track day.
I second that motion. Name the Time and Place Mark.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #55
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Im just still running Dot 3 in the clutch system. How would i get air in the system, it's never completely dry when i change fluid?

This is the problem IMO. Use DOT4 like the remote reservoirs' caps say. DOT3 is not up to the temps.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #56
Balue

Well I get the call earlier today that my 1LE is all set and ready to go again. Drop rental car off, get dropped off at dealer and the runner goes to get my car. I see him pull up to deliver and stall it when he stops to back up. Then I notice he is trying to start it in gear while standing on the brake and clutch is on the floor but not disengaged. I run up to my car yelling ok more like screaming at him to stop what the hell are you doing pull it out of gear!!!! I immediately go back to the service office telling all the advisers what this moron is doing and that my clutch just completely let go in the driveway!!! They go out yelling at him to get out of my car and leave it where it is! I seriously almost started banging my head against the wall to stop the headache!

My adviser called enterprise who they use to try and get me a rental. Well he was going to upgrade but they didn't have any premium available. He apologized and asked if I could wait a few minutes in the waiting room and he would be back. Gave me a few minutes to take it in and catch my breath.

He returns 10 or so minutes later and asks me to come with him. Then handed me the keys to a 14 SIM 2SS/RS with 60 miles on it and a full tank and said take it for the weekend and don't worry about miles or gas. I thanked him and told him I appreciate the loaner. I also let him know I understand its not his fault and that the mechanic is ultimately just following GM's policies and procedures. But in my mind further testing on their end in the hands of a competent tech/driver should have been provided. Albeit I am extreemly pissed and they do have my car so I might as well not be a total asshole to them. But still!!!!!!!!!!! My head exploded and stomach turned watching this idiot try to start my car when it was obviously in gear and he tried a few times.

They say third times a charm right??? Maybe they will get it right this time.