Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #715
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
OK, I will try a post that hopefully won't create any conflict LOL
I want to spray my car with a shot of nitrous on top of my Maggie in the near future.
I have the Maggie Max Stage II kit from Ted so I have the 1/2 inch spacer, 102 MM throttle body and ported tub. I am running the LPE twin fuel pumps. How is the best way to inject the nitrous, if I am understanding this right there is not enough room under the hood to use a nitrous plate. I also know I will be close on fuel depending on the size shot. If I go with a wet system I would think a 50 shot would be OK maybe a 75 shot. What do you all think the max is with the LPE pumps? I also hear you can boost the LPE pumps to 14.8 volts, I am not sure i want to push them that far. What do tou think on this? Should I just go ahead an get a dedicated fuel system for this? How are you or would you guys do this if you had a clean slate to work from?
From what Ted has told me 800 rwhp is pretty much the max for the LPE. I would do a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. Exactly what Ray has done.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #716
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
From what Ted has told me 800 rwhp is pretty much the max for the LPE. I would do a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. Exactly what Ray has done.
Nitrous outlet has a dedicated system I am looking at for our cars. How are you injecting your car? Are you just doing injection in the CAI pipe or were you able to install a plate? What would be your best case setup?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #717
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Another question, I have only been able to log my passes when my Tuner goes to the races and he uses HP Tuners software. Should I just get HP Tuners or are you all logging with something different or are you using the same product as your Tuner? If not what are you all using for logs?

It is funny when we have logged the car I have had no issues with IATs, from everyone else seeming to have IAT issues with the Maggie I am afraid I may find out different if I log it consistently
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #718
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Nitrous outlet has a dedicated system I am looking at for our cars. How are you injecting your car? Are you just doing injection in the CAI pipe or were you able to install a plate? What would be your best case setup?
Jamie's car is spraying through the air intake pipe.. Ray has a direct port right through the intake manifold.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #719
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
I want to spray my car with a shot of nitrous on top of my Maggie in the near future.
I have the Maggie Max Stage II kit from Ted so I have the 1/2 inch spacer, 102 MM throttle body and ported tub. I am running the LPE twin fuel pumps. How is the best way to inject the nitrous, if I am understanding this right there is not enough room under the hood to use a nitrous plate. I also know I will be close on fuel depending on the size shot. If I go with a wet system I would think a 50 shot would be OK maybe a 75 shot. What do you all think the max is with the LPE pumps? I also hear you can boost the LPE pumps to 14.8 volts, I am not sure i want to push them that far. What do tou think on this? Should I just go ahead an get a dedicated fuel system for this? How are you or would you guys do this if you had a clean slate to work from?
Just get the squash return style system. It's dual 400lph pumps vs the lpe which is dual 190lph pumps. That should take you as far as you wanna go.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #720
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I wouldn't change your in tanks, jut go with a dedicated fuel system and a wet nozzle system. I'm spraying in the tube as well, might run 2 nozzles later on for better atomization. Nitrous Outlet has done all of my setup.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #721
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
Quote:
a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous is a better choice. you can then add c-16 as enrichment fuel.
dont tax your already overburdened system.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #722
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Jamie's car is spraying through the air intake pipe.. Ray has a direct port right through the intake manifold.
ray also has a larger ego.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #723
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsberg2@hotmail.com View Post
ray also has a larger ego.
But Jamie has a running car.. And will have the newly released Pfadt drag coil overs on Monday. Enjoy that leaky junk that's on your hooptie!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #724
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
I'm gonna smoke all you fools in my subaru. 500 shot of nos blow out the floorboards.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #725
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

yikes
my posts are being edited. nobody has my password.
perhaps they are being edited for my own good.

thank you, guardian angel.
however my original wording was funnier.

Last edited by ginsberg2@hotmail.com; 01-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #726
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
But Jamie has a running car.. And will have the newly released Pfadt drag coil overs on Monday. Enjoy that leaky junk that's on your hooptie!!
thats just plain wrong...making fun of my shock fluid all over the floor.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #727
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsberg2@hotmail.com View Post
thats just plain wrong...making fun of my shock fluid all over the floor.
It was either that or the coolant that the 454 puked all over Teds dyno!!. I didn't want to get that personal!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #728
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Poor Ray, leaking and being edited. Tough week, that terrible lemon of a car was trying to make lemonade

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote