Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
LFX TT talk + LF3/LF4 talk

So i am just morbidly curious about specs for LFX camaros with TTs added on (particularly Fabberge...but tell me if you know of something with higher quality).

My parenthetical statement also leads me to ask (since I'm in a semi-proper forum section now), is it reasonable, feasible, or even possible to chuck an LF3 into a 1LT camaro? Because that could be like my senior project or something lol.

As far as the LF4, Jason says it will likely just be a minorly adjusted LF3. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
As I mentioned in my response to your other post, not much is known about the "LF4" at the moment. You can check out all of our LF3 talk here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283523, there is pictures, part numbers, etc etc for the new LF3 parts.

As far as the Fabberge kit, it's pretty much the only v6 twin turbo kit available, so you're not going to find one that's better (without going full custom and spending quite a bit of $$)

I've accumulated quite a bit of the key LF3 parts, and everything that I have so far will bolt right onto an LFX. I do not have the turbos (yet), and to my knowledge no one has bought them and tried to put them on. I'm not sure if they will bolt on and fit without clearance issues.

I would imagine the long block LF3/4 will bolt right in. I just don't know if the turbos will clear.

From what I've come across on Google, the main differences in the LF4 as compared to the LF3 are:

Low-inertia titanium-aluminide turbines
Lightweight titanium connecting rods
An efficient and patented low-volume charge-air cooler

And then considering there is the theoretical LF4.R racing engine which I'm not sure if you can actually get parts for?

Larger, twin BorgWarner turbochargers
Increased capacity intercoolers
Competition engine management
Upto 600 HP/520 TQ

But the biggest thing that jumps out at me is: Intake: Carbon fiber with integral high-capacity water-to-air-intercoolers

Considering it look me something rediculous like 6 months just to receive the aluminum intake I ordered direct from the dealer. I think it's going to be pretty tough to get your hands on the carbon fibre LF4.R intake, and more than likely impossible.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
How does the size of the lf3 turbos compare to the ones in the fabberge kit?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
From the LF3 thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I was told that the LF3 turbos are pretty small... The only advantage to them is that that (may) bolt right on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, I heard they are basically a K03 with a 48 mm wheel. I haven't seen anything official on the specs though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
I don't know how they compare to the Fabberge turbos
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote