Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #197
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
...On a serious note:
The Police have the right of way yes and no even on a movie set. The director or personel should have been radioed by someone that the Law Enforcement that he had to come through and to stop the shot. This was pure miscommunications on both sides. no, it was miscommunication on the side of the police department using two different radio bands in the same area.

I know some have called the police officer out, but y'all should think about that police officer might have been going to a scene of an accident or incident. He might have been there trying to help save a life or help someone in need. Be in his shoes for a moment on this before making judgement.
Regardless of what he was doing it doesn't excuse the fact that he was in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
No it didn't. But a cop on a call ALWAYS has the right of way.
Ummm. As long as he's acting within the rules an emergency vehicle must follow- they do exist.

Quote:
You do realize in an emergency cops are allowed to run red lights don't you. not with "reckless" disregard... You do realize you are supposed to always be on the lookout for emergency vehicles right? Of course you should- this guy might be driving the emergency vehicle coming towards you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Wrong. Take an EVOC course and you will learn that a siren doesn't allow you to just blow through intersections and drive as fast as you want.
^^^ THIS^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
...Fire trucks and Police Cars can run red light BUT it is THEIR responsibility to make sure that they slow and check the intersection to make sure it is clear before proceeding. ...
^^^ and THIS^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
Pay attention to the light as he goes into the intersection.. he's barreling through a red light.. They are supposed to come to a slow roll/stop and make sure it is clear before crossing, movie set or not...
^^^ and especially THIS^^^

Sorry Charlie but the cop that blew through the red light without slowing down is at fault. Period. There were a variety of bad circumstances that led up to it but none of them excuses the fault of the officer driving the SUV.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #198
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
But seriously what was he thinking to just go blasting through a movie set!? It's worse than driving through a construction site without clearance...
I think he thought since he had his sirens blaring people should stop for him not realizing people are acting out a script in a controlled environment and they are not expecting a SUV to come flying at them like that...
Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #199
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
No it didn't. But a cop on a call ALWAYS has the right of way.
He may have the right of way but see my previous post... Does not give him the right to enter a dangerous environment putting people (including himself at risk before given a clearance.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #200
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
suburban not suburvan
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #201
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
In Wash., DC, police and other emergency vehicles are supposed to slow down at intersections and almost to a stop when the light is red during emergency calls - lights/sirens flashing - just because of this same type of accident. The DC govt has been sued many times for just this type of accident by the families of people who've been killed b/c of reckless driving by emergency responders! Think they'll ever learn?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #202
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
I love that they covered him up like it was a body. RIP Bee.
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #203
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Sucks! Wonder if Optimus and co have Geico. 15 minutes could save you 15 percent!
I hope BB has Aflac... If you get hurt and miss work, it don't hurt to miss work.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #204
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by reocamaro View Post
I have it on good authority the DC Police are actually Decepticons...:emoticon7:
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #205
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
I'm not trying to completely exonerate the officer because he's ultimately at fault. That being said, I have a few observations. One, he wasn't "barreling" in my opinion. Look at the speed of the Police vehicle relative to Optimus Prime and the other vehicles...they aren't going that fast either. Two, is there any other footage out there? Are we sure that the light was red in his direction? It's clearly red from the other vehicles' perspective, but there are plenty of lights in my area that aren't always the same color in both directions. Again, not making excuses...just sharing my opinion that he wasn't reckless or careless as was implied earlier. Sh*t happens to everyone...I guess it's just more gratifying to some that it happens to the Police.

Was there any report about the condition of the dog?

True he wasn't really barreling, more of a near speed limit speed.

The second point you make is really good, and actually just spend 1:30 in my History class discussing the same point(sadly, not about BB though). We only have the one footage and normally the other side of the intersection would also be red, but it could have been green with an arrow, thus proving why we saw the red. However, we will never really know unless some other footage surfaces. Its one of those things, like you said just happens and when its a police car its even more shocking.

Wrong place at the wrong time.. just glad they are all ok.

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #206
BLUESMOKE69

Drives: Saturn Astra 08
"Better to get there a minute late and not to get there at all" Don't want to judge with-out ALL the facts.....mistake or not, I hope there are going to lessons learned on BOTH sides. Lastly, underneath the uniform there is a human being and not a robot. "To err is to be human" if that's the case.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #207
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
The scene is being written into the movie...
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/entertain...mblebee-101210

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #208
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
Also a side note. What do the traffic lights have to do with this entire accident? the streets are closed...the lights mean nothing at this point. The Officer can drive through this area also as he follows general orders which say to take the most direct route. It doesnt look like he was 'barreling" down the street either, he was going no faster then the other cars and trucks. The defination of accident alone explains the whole thing.

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #209
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I just watched the video. Dam, they didn't waste anytime putting Bumble Bee into a body bag. Poor bee.

The color of the light is moot. Based on the artcile and video the film crew had a "secured area" to film. The Police vehicle entered the scene when it shouldn't have.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #210
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
why would they cover it up right away before securing the car? Its prob leaking fluid and what not.
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote