Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #10781
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Although, 2013 is the last year for this retro stuff, maybe they will go all out on the retro... But the report said that '13 would bridge the gap fro retro to current...
I think a great deal is getting lost in translation with regard to the styling changes. To wit, moving away from 'retro' is not going to mean that this won't look like a proper Mustang with a lot of the classic styling features intact. The Aston Martin DB9 typically isn't considered retro, but it sure looks a Hell of a lot like a 50 year old DB4 GT.

In a lot of cases I think how something is viewed depends on our individual definition of what retro is.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #10782
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I think a great deal is getting lost in translation with regard to the styling changes. To wit, moving away from 'retro' is not going to mean that this won't look like a proper Mustang with a lot of the classic styling features intact. The Aston Martin DB9 typically isn't considered retro, but it sure looks a Hell of a lot like a 50 year old DB4 GT.

In a lot of cases I think how something is viewed depends on our individual definition of what retro is.
I have seen some really great concepts of the 2014 Mustang, some of them have a retro tint and some are very modern. The Mustang is going to be more modern, but alot of the tried and true Mustang cues (which can be viewed as retro) will carry over. Some people now consider American styling to be retro...
I'm readin' you now... To me, a 32 year old man, retro is 60's and 70's. I have an 18 year old troop that refers to the Fox body as an "old school Mustang"

What do I think the '14 will be? I have dimensions in mind, and I have a nice mental picture of what it might be... but nobody knows for sure.. I have a feeling that you will see a little bit of each of the 50 years in it, but it will be all new... I gotta tell ya, I can't believe how excited I am about the possible Turbo 4.. I must be getting old...

Edit: I know tuners cannot wait for the SVO Mustang... especially if its in high volumes.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #10783
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I really don't think they will go TT 5.0 for the 2013.

I figure that would come with the new Cobra after the refresh.

I could be wrong though.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #10784
VictoryRed10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If the base GT500 is going to have over 600, I'm very curious about the Super Snake. Watch 2015 the Zl1 is going to have a LS9 in it.
VictoryRed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #10785
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRed10 View Post
If the base GT500 is going to have over 600, I'm very curious about the Super Snake. Watch 2015 the Zl1 is going to have a LS9 in it.
It was rumored about a year ago that Shelby was working on a 1000hp turbo variant of the GT500.

It was/is highly speculated the Nelson GT500 package that makes 1000+hp is the power plant for this GT500. Although not much word has come out since the rumor was put out there. So who knows.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #10786
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
But I think when it's all said and done, both these cars would be sO fast and close to eachother that the human element would have a way bigger effect on the results than the mechanical differences.

+500

Money doesnt = talent , so as soon as some jackass in a new GT500 or ZL1 loses to something it shouldnt and someone happens to have a video camera...

...next thing you know your friend's telling you their stock 2000 GT will beat a ZL1 and they have a the Youtube video to prove it...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #10787
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

I find it funny to see people so heated between their Mustang or Camaro, when to me, they seem so similar...but I grew up on the import side. A v8 was a v8 was a v8...

At least both have better plans than Dodge, which thought the 392 was the best thing they could come up with. Sorry, but thats a far 3rd place finish...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #10788
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Threads like this do not go on for this long unless people care.
I'm still glad its here. I use as a place to zone out for a while , haha.
..its where I take my "my mental break" while at work...like someone said, I'm just trying to shoot the shiz and see what people actually are bringing to the table. I'm not looking for this thread to end up scientifically proving the Camaro to be better than the Ford or vice-versa.

I see both the ZL1 and the GT500 as being the last high-hp variants before you start seeing smaller displacement, less hp models. I feel they will keep the fun factor up by revising future designs and lightening the weight, but I dont foresee the hp war to keep climbing years into the future..
Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #10789
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
..its where I take my "my mental break" while at work...like someone said, I'm just trying to shoot the shiz and see what people actually are bringing to the table. I'm not looking for this thread to end up scientifically proving the Camaro to be better than the Ford or vice-versa.

I see both the ZL1 and the GT500 as being the last high-hp variants before you start seeing smaller displacement, less hp models. I feel they will keep the fun factor up by revising future designs and lightening the weight, but I dont foresee the hp war to keep climbing years into the future..
i see 400hp prius's for the future. jk but we're living in a time where high hp is no secret at all and is relatively easy to attain, even for the import folks. 500rwhp is about average for enthusiasts but seems 700rwhp + becomes a real bear to hook up and make useful. whos gonna have the first oem awd pony car? dodge seems closest to doing it, but its size is more rhino than pony.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #10790
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
whos gonna have the first oem awd pony car? dodge seems closest to doing it, but its size is more rhino than pony.
Cadillac has the AWD CTS coupe with the Camaro's 304hp V6. It would be awesome if someone could swap out the V6 for a LSA or LS9 and go kill some GT-R's.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #10791
Sax1031

I really don't want to see the Camaro/Challenger/Mustang in AWD form.

But Caddy seems like the perfect platform for an AWD monster.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #10792
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I really don't want to see the Camaro/Challenger/Mustang in AWD form.

But Caddy seems like the perfect platform for an AWD monster.
I agree. I think it's really silly that the CTS-V is RWD. CTS-V needs to be AWD to differentiate it from the Camaro and Corvette. I would definitely want to buy an AWD CTS-V, but living in Canada I would never buy a RWD CTS-V because that would mean I need winter tires for sure and my primary family car already has a winter tire set (I don't want to be keeping 8 tires in the shed, 4 is bad enough!!).
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #10793
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
I agree. I think it's really silly that the CTS-V is RWD. CTS-V needs to be AWD to differentiate it from the Camaro and Corvette. I would definitely want to buy an AWD CTS-V, but living in Canada I would never buy a RWD CTS-V because that would mean I need winter tires for sure and my primary family car already has a winter tire set (I don't want to be keeping 8 tires in the shed, 4 is bad enough!!).
Kinda off-topic....but AWD doesn't make summer tires okay in the winter...
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #10794
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
That's exactly my attitude too. I use these forums as mind breaks from work and life - to explore new ideas and broaden my mind. That's why it ticks me off when people insist on narrow-minded attitudes or a narrow view on what this forum should or should not be.

It's fun when people compare cars and talk about the merits of this or that car. One should be open-minded enough to discuss the flaws of one's own car in order to learn about other cars.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video