Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
...and it wouldn't have cost gm squat to do from the beginning.
Heh...you think so?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #58
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
unfortunately the Manufaturers have figured out that by putting a "NAME Brand" tot he system seemingly makes it better to consumers. yes it is bettert than teh GM factory system that comes in the 1S but the BA system you are purchasing for upwards of probably $2000.00 or more... is not that much better... it will definately not be that same caliber of system you would get by purchasing and aftermarket BA (or any other good name brand audio system). does it sound good... to 90% of the people buying the vehicle yes it will be fine. to about 7 or 8% it was good till they heard something aftermarket and realized it was not so great. to the other 2-3% it is a total let down and they feel like they got hosed on the whole thing.

Is it loud enough... for most Probably... but as mentioned earlier there is huge difference between sounds good and gets loud.

Had a guy in our shop yesterday getting a demo of a Stealth system we are finishing up in a 02 SS. It is not redicously loud would say in the 130 db range (which to most is more than enough.) does it sound good??? yes... it is leaps and bounds better than stock and a good majority of aftermarket systems... but the customer asked for and paid for an Extremely good sounding audio expirience in his car. the kicker is most people could tell there is anything done to the vehicle by appearance.

If you want to improve the sound of the audio system this is what we have found works best... first things first try adding a small sub-woofer... a single ten or even a good 8" will usually do the trick. (depending on yout style of listening and volume requirements.)
next swap all the speakers out... if this is not good enough then replace the amp, then if needed the headunit can be replaced. (due to the cost of the parts to do this we reccomend it be the last part as it will not give you the more noticable results that the other items will, also the foctory headunit(radio) is not junk it is actually a pretty reliable and clean unit. keeps you stock appearance and functionality. a decent line driver in place ofthe factory amp to the aftermarket amps will inprove the input signal and you are off and running. if anyone is interested in some help designing a new system I will be glad to help. may even be able to point you int he direction of a good shop in your area if you are not in mine.

Hope this helps.
Really? 130dB?

Just checking.
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #59
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's a 470 dollar option on the 1SS....or did I misread what you meant?
Sorry did not know it was that inexpensive.... this would explain why it does not sound so great. that price is one par with the cheapest (crappiest) Audio setups you can buy now days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeaux View Post
Audio installers and "golden ears" have convinced people that cars audio systems can sound "good". They can't. Come on it's not like we're talking the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall here. Jesus. A car stereo just can't sound good. Not possible. If you think so,well it's an opinion just like mine. But if you think your car audio sounds good, go to a real, acoustically designed space and listen to your tunes. Then you'll realize you car sounds, well, like a car stereo. No matter how much you paid for it. Nuff said.
-joe-
I do not have golden ears, nor do most real installers, but we do strive to create a better listening expirience. much like the car is not a great listening environment.. I am betting you do not sit in an anechoic chamber in your home. no the car is not perfect but we CAN make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
Really? 130dB?

Just checking.
Yes, 130ish... is actually quite easy to reach, from there it tends to get a bit more difficult.

most of the more decent stock systems will reach upwards of 110-115 or higher.

Scary to think how loud the stereo in your car really is. this is why we preach "Practice safe sound"

To think there a vehicles built that will reach the high 160 range (Houston we have a problem)

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #60
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Think the BA system is actually pretty nice for the price.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #61
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
Really? 130dB?

Just checking.
Like IAS just said, 130db is easy to reach. In the right vehicle, a good 8" driver, a mid-to high 30hz ported box, and a true 500wrms, will probably get you a 130db. Outlaw easily, legal, might be a bit tougher. I've had daily driver systems like can tap 150db, built competition systems that do mid 160s legal.

IIRC, Scott Owens, in a Ford SuperDuty Crew Cab, is getting over 180. Yep, that loud. And he's not the only one, Alan Dante is another. There are street beater, bass race systems, that constantly hit high 150s, 160s, and maintain that score!

130?? Lol, kids play today!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #62
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The system is bassy if not adjusted right. There are other post that say the MTX sub package from GM performance with the 200 watt amplifier makes a big difference as all the bass signals go to the subs and not the front speakers. Note that the price is $764.40. I am now looking for an alternative from crutchfield. Good luck

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=92213214
mcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #63
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
unfortunately the Manufaturers have figured out that by putting a "NAME Brand" tot he system seemingly makes it better to consumers. yes it is bettert than teh GM factory system that comes in the 1S but the BA system you are purchasing for upwards of probably $2000.00 or more... is not that much better... it will definately not be that same caliber of system you would get by purchasing and aftermarket BA (or any other good name brand audio system). does it sound good... to 90% of the people buying the vehicle yes it will be fine. to about 7 or 8% it was good till they heard something aftermarket and realized it was not so great. to the other 2-3% it is a total let down and they feel like they got hosed on the whole thing.

Is it loud enough... for most Probably... but as mentioned earlier there is huge difference between sounds good and gets loud.
This guy knows what Im saying. Thank you!
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
My ears must be easy to please...
Old 04-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #65
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
No offense.. but yet another person who expects a sound system thats a $500 option to sound like one from a $90k car. Considering the pedigree of equipment you seem to prefer you should never even have bothered to turn this stereo on.

+1
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #66
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
You guys know you have to set the T&B settings for each media right? In other words, set your sound for XM and then set your sound for the CD's. Most factory systems have you set the T&B one time.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #67
LT5 John

Drives: 2010 RS/2LT Camaro / 2008 C6 Z06
My other car is a Z06 Vette. The sound system is a Bose, should be called bloze...The BA system in the wifes Camaro sounds better...I like the BA system...
LT5 John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #68
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT5 John View Post
My other car is a Z06 Vette. The sound system is a Bose, should be called bloze...The BA system in the wifes Camaro sounds better...I like the BA system...
LOL, I agree with this...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #69
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
yes we know we have to set the B&T for each source which is actually a decent feature to an indecent sound system.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #70
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
yes we know we have to set the B&T for each source which is actually a decent feature to an indecent sound system.

I must be losing my "ear" in my middle age because it is WAY better than the Bose in my Yukon and the Monsoon in my 4th gen is not worth mentioning in the same sentence.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote