Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
it you must SUV it you can't beat the Avalanche LTZ.
Then, in a couple of years, get your Camaro.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #16
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
get the Camaro now
Old 09-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #17
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I know I'll never regret buying mine... my wife see's how much I love the car and now she's happy I have it too. She still hasn't even driven it...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #18
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Camaro please =)
Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by C377 View Post
well, It has been over a year since I started dreaming about owning a Camaro. But with wife and all now, the priorities have shifted a little...

we are now looking at SUV ( well she is, I still scream Bumblebee every time I see a YCWBS).

obviously I would only give up the camaro for a cayenne turbo or something like that but I do not have that kind of money....

The new Grand Cherokee 2011 is the nicest one I have seen with the Overland package. It will run about 43k with the v8.

Should I give up ( or maybe postpone) my Camaro dream for a GC2011???

Or should I say... Wife get a life and let me live mine...... V8 engine sound..burning tires and out on the highway (probably not going to happen....)
my sister has that same PKG 2011 jeep you talking about its really nice. i love when i get to drive it. i even tinted the windows out. its great
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #20
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Anyone can have a wife, but man don't let the Camaro dream get away. Tell her, GET A JOB and buy your own SUV. You only go around once and you'll hate yourself for giving up on your dream. Good Luck
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyss View Post
Anyone can have a wife, but man don't let the Camaro dream get away. Tell her, GET A JOB and buy your own SUV. You only go around once and you'll hate yourself for giving up on your dream. Good Luck

He is gonna need some luck if he struts up to her and say's that! After he picks up his teeth she just knocked out, the extra cash is going to a dentist and not another car!
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #22
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica-Rocks- View Post
He is gonna need some luck if he struts up to her and say's that! After he picks up his teeth she just knocked out, the extra cash is going to a dentist and not another car!

true though!

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #23
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
no reason for a Jeep.
There I fixed that for you. There's never a reason for a Jeep unless to get a Wrangler or other similar model for off roading. Grand Cherokees are hit and misses and you could end up with a perfectly fine one, or a straight lemon. Everyone I know that has Jeeps have had a lot of problems with them.

That said, with gas prices you shouldn't look at an SUV anyway unless you do camping trips, boating, towing, etc. Find a nice 4 door or a 2 door (CAMARO!) which make perfect family cars.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
you sound like you have no idea what you really want. figure that out first.

personally, I tell the wife, it's my money, and I'm getting a Camaro. no argument to be had.
That's not a marriage, that's a dictatorship. OP, You must compromise in a marriage IF you want it to last. I can't dream of telling my wife, the one I married before God and family, the one I became ONE flesh with that anything was mine. When I made the vow to marry it became ours, not mine. Set you priorities right, do what is best for the BOTH of you, don't try to fulfill selfish ambitions or there will be no more both of you, it will just be you and your Camaro.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Buy YOU the base Camaro, and her a dependable used something she likes and make a pact to pay them off before you have any kids. Once you have one of the two paid off, she can trade the whatever up into something more mom-like; and then start having kids.
Build the nest first, young man, then lay the eggs. Store up some honey before you start bringing them baby worker bees into the picture. This is what we really need to know about the birds and the bees.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #26
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Im not sure why people that think because small children are involved you have to have an SUV?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #27
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Just my .02 from my own experience of 26 years of marriage. Get what you want, you will always regret it if you do not. Most women do not understand that a car is more than "just transportation from point A to B". Unless you get the Camaro, she will never get it.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Marriage comes with compromises. You need to talk this through with your wife not with a bunch of Camaro junkies like us. You know which side most of us will take. You're talking to the wrong people to get an unbiased perspective.

Be a man and sit down and have a civilized conversation with her. You married her. You have a to keep your side of the bargain and make choices together.

Not all women are selfish jerks despite what some of the guys here think. Some of us understand the muscle car thing. BTW, I don't think all guys are jerks either. My husband is cool with my Camaro habit. In fact, he was the one who suggested I get the car. I kept saying "it's wasteful to get that car. I don't need a new car." He said "it will be good for your soul. Get it." I'm lucky!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote