Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
101ABN
Still stuck in Iraq!

Drives: MRAP
Booster, I am a Chevy convert from Ford.....

My 1st car was a '79 Mustang LX 5.0, my dads 1st car was a '64 1/2 Mustang, my grandfather will only drive a F-150.

I currently own a '99 F-150 and a '07 Tahoe, and I drool over waiting to buy my Camaro. I have driven the '10 Mustang GT and the '10 Camaro SS... There is no comparison. Even my wife, who is not a "car chick" and can't tell a Ford from a Honda can't wait to get a Camaro.

There is something special and iconic about the 2010 Camaro. I don't care which is faster or has more power, I like the "retro muscle" look of the Camaro over the Mustang any day of the week.

Put them side-by-side, drive them, and you will see the size, comfort, and "sexy" difference.
101ABN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #16
Massman151
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2010 RS/SS CAMARO RJT
I personally love Chevys and the other GM brands, but i would never drive another type of car. Though i see Ford and Mopar as a great second place if there was no GM. I agree with others that if you were to choose an American Brand over one of those Jap-Rats then you chose smart. All in all, do what you wish, its your choice. Make the decision that makes you happy. Don't give acknowledgment to what others say about your choice, if you're happy then that is all that matters.

"Sam Witwicky: Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

"Sam Witwicky: Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!"
Massman151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Bomb View Post
The Challenger is completely ruined by its interior. Steering wheel, radio, vents.
I test drove a Challenger..... while sitting at a red light I thought I was behind the wheel of my 06 Grand Cherokee!!!! Talk about generic parts sharing.

I liked the '10 Stang, it was a close call. If it wouldn't have been for the GM credit card top off bonus it would have been a very difficult decision.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
jfclavel

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Colorado LS
get both! lol whatever makes u happy man! after all, it'll be YOUR car...
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #19
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
get both. You mentioned the fusion that's a nice car, rented one recently and was very impressed. I like the mustangs except the back of them which they need to redesign. I am not a GM or Ford fan boy, I just like cars. To me the new camaro was hard to pass up, killer looks with a modern 69 camaro take and great performance at a very reasonable price. Now ford has to answer and I hope they redesign the looks of the mustang and boost performance and we can get a muscle car war going again.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #20
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster View Post
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent and feel free to comment.
No worries, Booster. The 2011 Mustang is a fantastic car. I think ultimately the majority of people go with an emotional purchase. What car does it for you? Both? Then which one is going to break your heart if you don't buy it.

From what you typed, I think you should look at the Mustang. The Camaro is what does it for me, but if you're a Ford guy then stay true blue and follow your heart.

Cars cost a pretty penny. You want to make sure you get that grin on your face every time you climb into it, and get your money's worth.

Just my .02
Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
I have always been a chevy guy from my first 1974 stepside. I do have to admit that I really liked the new Mustangs. There was one sole reason I chose the Camaro. There are just so many dang Mustangs. If the camaro outsold mustangs 5:1 next year there would still be more Mustangs on the road. 5 years to sell them instead of 1. The new engine is exciting though. Can't wait to see what Ford puts out.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #22
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster View Post
I know that from a purist perspective that Nav seems superficial, but I am a technophile, and this would be my daily driver. Could I live without Nav...sure but if I can have my cake and eat it to it's something you have to consider.

I by no means am saying the Nav will be my deciding factor. It will probably come down to who is offering the better financing, incentives, etc at the time.
I love my tech too but find navagation systems kinda unecessary personally.
Bluetooth, mp3 player connectivity, gave me plenty to fiddle with....
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #23
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I have to admit, I understand!
I'm a Dodge guy. I Love my Magnum.
I was gonna buy a Chally until I set eyes on a Camaro in the concept stage. I fell in Love and just had to go with what made my pulse race.
Sure thre are other more refined cars out there, but NONE look or make heads turn like a Camaro 2010. Mustangs, nice car, but your neigbour and his neighbour and his neighbour's grandma has one too.
Seperate yourself from the crowd and do what your heart tells you.
If its the new Stang, good on you. Be happy.
If its the Camaro, good on you. Be happy.

There is not much to chose between the two but just fo rthe sake of rarity, I say Camaro!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #24
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
New Chevrolet and Camaro SS owner. I am new to the Chevy side, always been a Mustang owner. Have owned 6. A 65 fsbk, 69 fsbk, 70 coupe, 87 htcbk, 99 GT conv, 03 GT. Got ready for my next sports car and saw nothing new in the Mustang, same old recycled design. Wanted something different. Came down to the Challenger and Camaro. Chose the Camaro. I will probably buy another Mustang when a true fastback makes it to the market. I really love what the next Shelby (2011) looks like, but who wants to drop $50k on a Mustang. I thought the Itallian design in 2005 was awesome and recently the Iaccoca design was a beautiful true fastback. Just my 2 cents. I really am happy with my new Camaro and know I made the right decision. Sounds like your going through what I did. Product loyalty. It took me a while to figure it out but I was not about to drop $35k + on a new car just because I felt loyal. I don't believe either Ford or Chevy even know who I am or care to. Just buy what you truly like, its your money and there will be plenty cars to have in the future. Good Luck!

Last edited by Lava; 01-24-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #25
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
I have to agree with "Matrix"...
I've been a Ford guy for a while (owned Mopars and GM, too) and I love my '07 Mustang, but fell for the Camaro as soon as I saw the concept car(test drove one for the first time yesterday and plan on placing the order sometme around 3/1).
It's all about which one really lights your fire more.
Either way, you can't lose... they are both great cars.
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #26
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Freedom of choice, isn't democracy wonderful. Enjoy your car selection freedom while you can!
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #27
kauffjd3

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT
woah were did that fastback vid come from. can i have both?

kauffjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
cowboy1948

Drives: 10 LT2/RS-08 SILVERADO-05 COBALT
Cool

Before we bought our camaro we looked at the mustang, challenger, and the 370z. i liked them all. Each had thier own separate items that was better than the other. I settled on the camaro because it is better to do aftermarket mods to. Iwill say this, after i drove the camaro i was amazed.
It felt more like a mucsle car more than the others. i fell in love with it. It is in the garage for the winter now, And it is killing me.

Retired
cowboy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote