Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #309
scritchy

Drives: Black 2LT RS CGM Rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
You sound like you have first hand experience. In your opinion, how easily will the 'average driver' get used to a HUD or not be distracted ?
Depends on your definition of average. I've seen people get distracted looking at nothing and run into the car in front of them (when we were all stopped at a light) because I inched forward. Around here, I see people making right hand turns from the left lane and left hand turns from the right lane all the time.
In my opinion, if you have a hard time paying attention to driving, a HUD won't make it worse but you shouldn't be on the road anyway. If you aren't somebody that spends 30secs at a time looking at the radio, a HUD won't bother you.
scritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #310
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Glad I did not hold out for a 2011 MY. None of the announced changes are of any interest to me personally.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #311
D Vegas

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS VR,1978 VW BUG CV
Nav is definitely needed to bring the car up to par with the competitions gadgets. would also like to see a back up camera option and auto tilt mirrors on reverse. I think they need to make more lux features available. Just call up the caddy guys and let them go nuts on a lux pack.
D Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #312
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Sorry Folks, NO MARY KAY EDITION THIS YEAR!
THAT'S IT! I'm buying a Mustang now! I'm sure they have that edition; they have every other edition, lol. j/k

I think it's pretty stupid to offer a customer as many options as is feasible, personally. I don't know what kind of business sense that is...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #313
Bear

Drives: 2015 Green Flash 2SS M6
HUD is useless for me and ADDS more $$$ to the damm car. The 2SS should have it as an option. I dint want park assist either. It BS that they add all these features for EVERYONE, raise the price of the car, and price people out of the market. We'll see how much more dinero this adds. And oh yeah, no f'n height adjustable passenger seat. Guess no one at GM is married to a shorty.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #314
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I guess if you think about it, the stang may not be as responsive to mods.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #315
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I hope that this is not all of the changes for the 2011, where is the Z-28 and add more Horsepower to the V-8, C'mon GM.
I need to get away from camaro5 for awhile, because post like this are starting to make me wish they upgraded the horsepower a little too. But then again, I understand that is asking a lot for an engine that is already pumping out a lot of power. I wish they could've announced weight reduction or something. But that also is a lot of work, and would probably increase cost...

One thing I do wish sincerely though is that they'd stop bundling ALL the features in the 2LT and 2SS only... I want Bluetooth and HUD, but I don't want to spend an extra $3k+ to get leather, ambient lighting, rear park assist, and auto dimming mirrors that I don't want. Can they at least offer a smaller package for 1SS? like they do with the 1LT's convenience and connectivity package...

My main problem here is, I don't want a V6 1LT + convenience and connectivity package. I want a V8 1SS + convenience and connectivity package. I know GM is trying to steer people into the more fuel efficient V6, but you know what? I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I don't want to settle on either paying a lot more than I want or not getting features I find very important.

But that's the game I guess. For now I'm planning on settling on a 1SS w/o all the bells and whistles because tacking on HUD and "inflation" price increases will probably make the 2SS price too prohibitive for me.

I understand there are a lot of people that have a lot more money than me and will say that I should just suck it up. I probably should, but I really don't want to. That's what the internet is for anyway, to have some sort of soap box to stand on, well that and download stuff you really don't need anyway!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #316
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgoodson View Post
Hey GM, how about memory seats? I’m 6’4”, my wife is 5’4” I love the ability to press one button and have everything set to the way I drive after she has driven it.
x10

I'm in the same boat and my wife and I switch out driving the car almost every day. It's a good thing I bought the 6yr warranty because I'm sure the power seat button and mirror adjusting button are going to get worn out.

The only reason I'm glad the memory seats aren't here is because I would be pissed that I bought to early. I gambled they weren't going to have them in 2011 and it looks like I made the right decision to go ahead and buy a 2010. If they put it on 2012 or 2013 I might trade up then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
HUD is useless for me and ADDS more $$$ to the damm car. The 2SS should have it as an option. I dint want park assist either. It BS that they add all these features for EVERYONE, raise the price of the car, and price people out of the market. We'll see how much more dinero this adds. And oh yeah, no f'n height adjustable passenger seat. Guess no one at GM is married to a shorty.
I wouldn't have minded the HUD but not for the $1,000 - $1,200 increase on the car. The rumors of the HUD coming (which I knew would increase price) was another deciding factor for me not to wait for 2011.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #317
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Yeah - I wish they wouldn't bundle all that sort of equipment together, because there are some things I could do without, and save money and maybe even a little weight. Still, I doubt that's really practical with assembly and ordering nowadays, so I guess that's out. Still - given the car's been out a year, and we get more improvements right away, speaks volumes in terms of GM listening to us. It takes money to make all these changes and improvements and I'm sure they did what they thought they could as soon as they could and I give them for their efforts. They could've just left the car along, but didn't, and continue to strive to give us the cars they think we want.

Keep it up GM

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #318
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
I know that they can squeeze out more on that V6. 312HP over 304, not bad. Probably can't feel it. And why add lot of Horse power to 2011?, so people from 2010 that just bought v6 camaros, don't get pissed off. LOL
spoone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #319
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Draoneye, my point about bikers is that they HAVE to be more alert. That's the correspondence I obviously unclear relating to the HUD. As far as Bikers in your area looking to get hit, that sucks. I'd like to think it is usually the opposite, but we dont' need to go on and on about that too.

I am not portraying this an economic issue for the HUD, as seems it has gone. My point is, a car enthusiast - in my mind, someone who targets cars they love and tend to be more into cars (driving, enjoying, etc.) and as a result, more experienced and therefore talented drivers - that's my point about 'car conscious'. Driving is their hobby so to speak.

Think about the kid that gets a Camaro for graduation and has a HUD. Will he be getting wrapped up in the novelty and possibly into trouble ? On the other hand, I'd have to think there are also less kids getting SS' as gifts too.

I think HUD is great thing, but is the general public going to be easy to adapt to it ? I don't think so. Not yet anyway. I suppose the future has to start sometime though. I still think too soon, especially in a less than $28,000 car.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #320
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Vegas View Post
Nav is definitely needed to bring the car up to par with the competitions gadgets. would also like to see a back up camera option and auto tilt mirrors on reverse. I think they need to make more lux features available. Just call up the caddy guys and let them go nuts on a lux pack.
While I think all that is a cool idea, and would definitely add to the Camaro's already impressive feature-set...have you seen what some of those Caddy's are starting at for price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
I think HUD is great thing, but is the general public going to be easy to adapt to it ? I don't think so. Not yet anyway. I suppose the future has to start sometime though. I still think too soon, especially in a less than $28,000 car.
I guess I leave it at "I disagree completely". I don't think it's some unique feature that needs special skills/practice to operate. Not at all.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #321
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbm View Post
That's too bad. We ordered ours based on it beeing a limited edition. Oh Well
What can you do. Barb
you do have the limited edition. you have the 2010 Camaro Edition.
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #322
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
Depends on your definition of average. I've seen people get distracted looking at nothing and run into the car in front of them (when we were all stopped at a light) because I inched forward. Around here, I see people making right hand turns from the left lane and left hand turns from the right lane all the time.
In my opinion, if you have a hard time paying attention to driving, a HUD won't make it worse but you shouldn't be on the road anyway. If you aren't somebody that spends 30secs at a time looking at the radio, a HUD won't bother you.
Excellent point. But, even those that run into cars in front of them looking away have little difficulty getting a license these days. I would tend to think HUD, for them, is simply more to take their attention away. In fact it's now a novelty under the excuse of trying to pay attention to the car (gauges, speedometer, etc.).

As far as the turns from opposite lanes, please don't get me started. That UZSED to be illegal. Now you can do it to a cop and usually drive away.

On another note, agreeing to disagree Dragoneye. Don't mean to rant off when a new Camaro post is trying to talk about the new car features. Don't mean to take away from that. Nuff said.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls