Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #71
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
The maggie has probably already sold more then any of the others to date. Being several months ahead of the rest of the gang is a recipe for tons of sales. There are only so many people that are going to supercharge thier cars to begin with and I think maggie has a huge lead. The people who already have supercharged thier cars are so happy with the outcome that they will not be willing to remove what they already have to try something that might be better. It is just like the construction boom you can only build until you run out of land or money which both comes eventually. I think that this test is a day late and a dollar short. I love my maggie and have only driven it for twenty minutes!
Same here. TVS2300 since july of last year. 670+ at the wheels on 8.5psi. I don't think anything that will happen during this "test" will sway me away from Magnuson for my next supercharger purchase. Also pleased with my half ton GMC that is puffed by an MP122. Thousands of trouble free miles and it works for a living. I'm thinking the high end installers won't change much hinging on what happens here either. It will be fun to watch though
Old 03-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #73
SPANKT U

Drives: 2010 2SSRS Inferno Orange LS3
Hey Brandon Would you know what ZORBA is?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #74
QuikZ06

Drives: 2003 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPANKT U View Post
Hey Brandon Would you know what ZORBA is?

Yes, why is that?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #75
hemituner

Drives: 06 dodge charger
Figured since I was mentioned Id join the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Here are the results of a test done by Arrington Engines. Arrington is a WELL known engine builder for NASCAR.

Open for POLITE discussion:

First off My statements were not meant to be any type of comparison. I stated FACTS!! and also stated that the Maggie numbers were on an ENGINE dyno and the KB on a CHASSIS dyno. Although I respect the fact of how proud Adam is of himself and his accomplishments using KB products I have NEVER used one before this, have no preference, and as a matter of fact have reached out several times to Adam to discuss my results. Perhaps I need an education. Had that Same KB back on the dyno today and made just a tick over 700 Wheel on pump gas but then again did the same yesterday with a Pro Charger and FYI it had all the blowers beat in the area of Charge temp so am I Procharger Lover now?? A centri, Magnuson, KB, and Whipple all have their own goods and bads I just take in the data, listen to the engine and give it what it wants. Guess this will teach me to talk about it

LOL
Kind Regards all
A.J. Berge
Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #76
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemituner View Post
First off My statements were not meant to be any type of comparison. I stated FACTS!! and also stated that the Maggie numbers were on an ENGINE dyno and the KB on a CHASSIS dyno. Although I respect the fact of how proud Adam is of himself and his accomplishments using KB products I have NEVER used one before this, have no preference, and as a matter of fact have reached out several times to Adam to discuss my results. Perhaps I need an education. Had that Same KB back on the dyno today and made just a tick over 700 Wheel on pump gas but then again did the same yesterday with a Pro Charger and FYI it had all the blowers beat in the area of Charge temp so am I Procharger Lover now?? A centri, Magnuson, KB, and Whipple all have their own goods and bads I just take in the data, listen to the engine and give it what it wants. Guess this will teach me to talk about it

LOL
Kind Regards all
A.J. Berge
Agreed AJ, I was just opening up a discussion and the shit just hit the fan. It is what it is
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #77
gsochallenger

Drives: dodge challenger
well said AJ
Old 03-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #78
Adam@ST

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
re talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemituner View Post

LOL
Kind Regards all
A.J. Berge
No Aj, I wouldnt take that stance about talking about it. The testing is very important for the customers. Not all customers will want the same thing, and combos will vary. Your experience gained from proper testing will help you guide your customers into the right setup for their needs. This will also set you apart from most other tuners and shops. The main thing to do here..keep a test a test. Back to back tests with the same engine or car. May take more time, but to do a fair HP/TQ comparison, use the same engine or vehicle on all items being tested.This keeps the test accurate with NO variables. Same timing,same a/f, same fuel, eng temp ,etc.
I have been super busy, so yes I havent been able to talk with you. Ill give you a buzz today. I havent even been able to get on the net.
Thanks Adam
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #79
Jerseyboy

Drives: Old School
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@ST View Post
No Aj, I wouldnt take that stance about talking about it. The testing is very important for the customers. Not all customers will want the same thing, and combos will vary. Your experience gained from proper testing will help you guide your customers into the right setup for their needs. This will also set you apart from most other tuners and shops. The main thing to do here..keep a test a test. Back to back tests with the same engine or car. May take more time, but to do a fair HP/TQ comparison, use the same engine or vehicle on all items being tested. This keeps the test accurate with NO variables. Same timing,same a/f, same fuel, eng temp ,etc.
I have been super busy, so yes I havent been able to talk with you. Ill give you a buzz today. I havent even been able to get on the net.
Thanks Adam
I agree with all of this if you were just testing the blower characteristics. However, if you want to know what the system will deliver, you have to optimize the cal for each configuration. If you have cooler intake temps on one blower vs another, you will be able to get more timing into it and ultimately make more power. Thus making the blower with the cooler intake charge a better system in my eyes. Making good power on a 1 gear dyno pull is one thing, making power over an entire quarter mile pass (or road course) is another. If 2 blowers make the same power on a dyno but one heats the intake mixture more, then you will ultimately lose out as your time at that max power will be limited before IAT and or knock retard starts taking it out.

This will be a fun test. I think using stick cars might be a bad idea as it introduces the chance for driver error but I'm looking forward to the results. If nothing else, it should be fun for all involved with the proceeds going to a great cause. Kudos to all involved for stepping up to the plate.

J
Old 03-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #80
Mr.LSX

Drives: 1967 RSSS
Maggie Camaro is complete. See you at the event!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #81
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Its a shame this fell apart. Granted we were unable to find a Camaro that was completely stock with someone that was willing to let the car be driven at the track. Jeff, your comments are un warranted, I pmed you, and told you want the deal was....you just needed to get a set of long tube headers. In fact, LEP was willing to LEND you a set for the race. Your comment about the calibration is bogus, and you know it. Magna Charger does not need to run 9 psi to make great power, so our "stock" calibration will not support 9 psi of boost.....and you knew that.

Jeff, this is unfortunately typical for you and your way of doing things on the boards, I have watched it repeat itself numerous times on the web. I have done nothing but ask the members to support you, and be patient for your reply.....and that other thread is what we got. Not ONCE have it put you down, talked down....or belittled you, however you continue to do it to me, MagnaCharger, and its customers.

We gave you ample time to respond and you waited until the 11th hour, how gentlemanly of you.

You know where to reach me, use the phone.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #82
VegasNateG8

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.LSX View Post
Maggie Camaro is complete. See you at the event!
Way to go Garth! As a loyal customer of yours for a year now, I would like to say that as far as I know most of your other customers are not "punk kids". We are Husbands, dads, DRs, mortagage payers, etc.... You have always given me great customer service and answered my million questions along the way. It sucks that this has imploded as many thought it would.

Enough of the Lets go break some Futhermuckers off!!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's truly unfortunate that this didn't work out. I think, unless I'm mistaken, that it's important to note that it could be the customer didn't want LTs put on the car and taken off. Given, it's not that difficult, nor would there probably have been a problem in doing such, but there are risks. Parts can break, things can go wrong, etc. The customer with the LT could've just as well had manifolds and such put on. Also, I think one can argue that running the tune in the Maggy' car wouldn't have been 100% out-of-the-box because of neither kit running the same boost levels. I'm sure the KB car could have more power tuned out of it, especially if it's set for a conservative 91 octane gas.

Regardless, I hope that somehow this works out because it's really, us, the customers that benefit. I also would like to remind everyone involved that all these comments are here for everyone to see and take into account when making purchases for their cars. Don't shoot yourselves in the foot by posting something you're going to regret later...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #84
Mr.LSX

Drives: 1967 RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasNateG8 View Post
Way to go Garth! As a loyal customer of yours for a year now, I would like to say that as far as I know most of your other customers are not "punk kids". We are Husbands, dads, DRs, mortagage payers, etc.... You have always given me great customer service and answered my million questions along the way. It sucks that this has imploded as many thought it would.

Enough of the Lets go break some Futhermuckers off!!

Thanks Nate. We will be there with our cars.

I have called Jeff's cell phone and ask him to return my call @ 9:45AM this morning. Please call me back.

Closed Thread