Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #155
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't humor him, folks.
He only joined to spout off and cause trouble.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #156
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
I see this thread has gotten way out of hand.
To beck: You drive a great car, does it really matter to you what a bunch of forumgoers think about it? You, who actually drives the car, probably realizes how great of a car it is, so be happy with it. This is a camaro forum, people won't be praising the M3.
To everyone else: Yes, the camaro is a great bang for the buck. Yes, the corvette and cts-v can beat the M3 around Nurburgring. So, what's your point? In the Corvette's case, the Corvette is a car solely dedicated to going fast, nothing else. I would hope the epitome of American performance engineering could beat the M3, considering it's sole mission is not just to go fast. As for the CTS-V, you're forgetting that it is the first american car (Car, since I consider the Viper and Corvette to be essentially tracksters, not even remotely plausible daily drivers) that actually bests the M5/M3. Cadillac has been aiming for years, and they finally got it. It's like the guy who loses ten straight games of chess, then finally wins one and starts gloating. The M5 came out way before the CTS-V, it would have been pathetic if the CTS-V wasn't better. Now BMW knows about the CTS-V, and since a next gen M5 is due in about a year I would be shocked if it wasn't a CTS-V killer.
And as for the guys comparing the M3 to a 3 series: They look similar in photos, but in person, the M3 just looks amazing. When you see one on the road, you do stare. Similarly, when you see a camaro, you also stare. But, you give the M3 the exotic stare, you give the camaro the muscle car stare. Follow? They are both nice looking cars, but let's not compare apples to peaches...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #157
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
To beck: You drive a great car, does it really matter to you what a bunch of forumgoers think about it? You, who actually drives the car, probably realizes how great of a car it is, so be happy with it. This is a camaro forum, people won't be praising the M3.
To everyone else: Yes, the camaro is a great bang for the buck. Yes, the corvette and cts-v can beat the M3 around Nurburgring. So, what's your point? In the Corvette's case, the Corvette is a car solely dedicated to going fast, nothing else. I would hope the epitome of American performance engineering could beat the M3, considering it's sole mission is not just to go fast. As for the CTS-V, you're forgetting that it is the first american car (Car, since I consider the Viper and Corvette to be essentially tracksters, not even remotely plausible daily drivers) that actually bests the M5/M3. Cadillac has been aiming for years, and they finally got it. It's like the guy who loses ten straight games of chess, then finally wins one and starts gloating. The M5 came out way before the CTS-V, it would have been pathetic if the CTS-V wasn't better. Now BMW knows about the CTS-V, and since a next gen M5 is due in about a year I would be shocked if it wasn't a CTS-V killer.
And as for the guys comparing the M3 to a 3 series: They look similar in photos, but in person, the M3 just looks amazing. When you see one on the road, you do stare. Similarly, when you see a camaro, you also stare. But, you give the M3 the exotic stare, you give the camaro the muscle car stare. Follow? They are both nice looking cars, but let's not compare apples to peaches...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #158
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by that nice guy beck View Post
My car cost 76,000. People will look at your camaro now but in a few years they will be a dime a dozen and they will look funny. They look funny now. I'm hardly a "kid" I'm 35 years old. My nephew showed me this and I had to laugh. you cannot compare the ultimate driving machine to a rattle box camaro. why do you think they are under 40k? because they are made like shit. please dont insult a weapon like an m3.
A weapon like an M3? The Ultimate Driving Machine?

You know, as a former advertising major, I can say that your one of those low IQ Individual's that we target when trying to sell a machine that wouldn't stand up to an honest comparison.

I mean really, how are we going to sell an M3 for nearly 80k as the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' to smart people when they know they can buy a Z06 Corvette for ten's of thousands less and have a better driving car. We need people like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I don't know why, but I always think these post's are the funniest coming from you. lol. Check Sig.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #159
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Lol, it was a rant that I quickly typed up, just ignore it
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #160
SVT_SRT

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
On the Jeep SRT forum there is a thread about BMW OWNERS, or enthusiasts I should say.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ght=bmw+owners

Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #161
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Here are some real M3 owner's talking about it... some good some bad.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261169
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #162
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Hhmmm I think Jeremy Clarkson was wrong, he said that, all the Cocks started driving Audi's, but no I think they are still driving BMW's.

Altho it might just be that one guy who didn't get the memo....
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #163
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Hhmmm I think Jeremy Clarkson was wrong, he said that, all the Cocks started driving Audi's, but no I think they are still driving BMW's.

Altho it might just be that one guy who didn't get the memo....
Most guys who drive BMW's are like that. The Audi guy's are getting into it, but that's mostly because they appeal to the same crowd and Audi has some better products than BMW, so they get spread around
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #164
karr1008
Supercharging

Drives: 20XX Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
4.6? Are you serious???

Can you show me a source for that? WOW! 4.6, that can take on a porsher!
The LS3 is proving to get faster...

On the kbb.com site...they also achieved 4.4 seconds 0 to 60 mph.
their quote under "driving impressions".
http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/chevrole...89666878846336

They also have a video here:
http://www.kbb.com/car-video-popup?v...rentview=nchub
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #165
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Most guys who drive BMW's are like that. The Audi guy's are getting into it, but that's mostly because they appeal to the same crowd and Audi has some better products than BMW, so they get spread around

Really, M3 is a very cool car. I'm just not the kind of guy who likes to mess with a dozen settings just to turn my car on. Even if I was filthy rich that is not the type of vehicle I would likely own. I mean, I am irritated by cell phones.

The Camaro is far from perfect, but it will give me perma grin and I will enjoy the car for a long time.

Zeus that avatar is killing me. I wish you could put the storm trooper on top of a sand burm so we can tell people to reference that as an instructional on pounding sand...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #166
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
I didn't notice this came back from the dead...

I had an e46 m3 compliment my car at a stoplight (his was flawless too, one of my fav bmw's)

and then we have this guy here who somehow can afford such a nice vehicle yet has absolutely no people skills and is rather ignorant and arrogant. Aparently you can't buy class. But you can buy a nice car

All that aside, I think the 1-series is the comparson for the SS.

(anyone want to buy my 540i?)
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #167
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Return, the m5 and m3 have been around much longer then the ctsv, so its only natural that it took some time to catch up. That would be like me fighting against randy couture. I lose the first, but in the rematch i kick his ass (Not that i could actually do that, but for the sake of the analogy...) The ctsv is much more impressive then both german sports cars, in fact, I think its the most impressive 4 door sedan out right now. Its definitely the fastest.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #168
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by that nice guy beck View Post
My car cost 76,000.
Holy purchasing fail!

Quote:
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships

Closed Thread