Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
interesting. Let us know what you find out. Note that the issue comes and goes. Mine didnt start acting up till like 2 months after initial install
It's definitely an issue with the kit and not the install. We rearranged the wiring and took a little ride (30-40 miles) and the TPMS warning came on again. So we stopped in a parking lot and disconnected the kit. We then rode back home (roughly same distance) and the TPMS warning did not come back on. That would lead me to believe that the kit is causing some type of interference itself, maybe after a component within the kit reaches a certain temperature.

As far as the remote activation distance, I have noticed that when approaching the car from the rear, I must be within 10-15 feet for the remote to work. However, the activation distance from the front seems to be well over 60 feet. I didn't test it any farther than 65 feet or so because I was standing in the street at that point. Also, if you know the chin/jaw trick, that can really help when extend your range.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
It's definitely an issue with the kit and not the install. We rearranged the wiring and took a little ride (30-40 miles) and the TPMS warning came on again. So we stopped in a parking lot and disconnected the kit. We then rode back home (roughly same distance) and the TPMS warning did not come back on. That would lead me to believe that the kit is causing some type of interference itself, maybe after a component within the kit reaches a certain temperature.

As far as the remote activation distance, I have noticed that when approaching the car from the rear, I must be within 10-15 feet for the remote to work. However, the activation distance from the front seems to be well over 60 feet. I didn't test it any farther than 65 feet or so because I was standing in the street at that point. Also, if you know the chin/jaw trick, that can really help when extend your range.

The chin/jaw thing does work.. just makes us look funny
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Update

As of 9/5/2012, I am still awaiting an update from Scosche engineers (via my Installer)

I will update this thread once I know more info.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
Eh, Alpine kit is just the Scosche kit with a paint job and a curve. I've seen people with the Alpine kits have similar issues. You're just one of the lucky ones without the issue. I didn't have the TPMS issue until I took it out to research OnStar issues for some other members here, so it's an install issue - at least that is my belief. i'll know more after i work on mine this weekend.
is the Alpine kit really just the Scosche?
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #33
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
is the Alpine kit really just the Scosche?
Yes. The ONLY differences are the curve of the lower part of the double din opening and the color of the plastic. The Scosche kit matches the interior plastics, the Alpine looks like it has a blue tint to it. The curve on the Alpine unit is to more closely match their double din head units. Otherwise, they are identical in operation and guts.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #34
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
I have issue #1 and #2. SO ANNOYING! It never occured to me that it was the scosche kit that was causing it. It used to work perfectly until the scosche install, in retrospect...
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Ok, I posted that I didn't have any problems but I have noticed that I have to be pretty close to the car to start it and unlock it. Not a big deal for me because I keep it in the garage at night and I don't drive it in the winter. That is the only problem that I have noticed...
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #36
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horriblecreation View Post
Not sure if this is universal, but mine has a tendency to never shut off the warning dings after I start the car. Its the same sound as the seatbelt warning, but it will not shut off. Figured out that if I flash my hazard lights, it stops the chime, but it will run for as long as the car is on unless you do that. This is probably half the time I start my car.
I have this as well as #1 (key fob) and also no steering wheel controls with my pioneer av8400-BH :/

Please let me know if anything comes of your email, subscribed.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #37
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
I forgot to post that I also have the persistent ding issue. The only thing that gets rid of it is putting my car into reverse and then back out. I would live with this issue forever if they would just fix the damn key fob issue.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
Rizzo

Thanks for the updates. This issue is really frustrating.

I am continuing to push this through the right channels at Scosche to get this fixed.

I will update this thread as I make progress.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #39
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
I have some of these issues...subscribed
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
I've forwarded this thread to scosche as well
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
Rizzo

I heard back from the Tech Support Representative. I was told that he "...forwarded the issues you are having and we are going to look into them to see if there is something that might be interrupting the data system."

I am asking for a case# so this can be tracked.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
camaro104

Drives: 2017 Nightfall 50th Annivers Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
wow I'm having the short key fob issue and it's a pain in the a**!!!!! now i'm thinking the radio needs to have a separate ground, radio chassis to the car body..... just a thought..... when i get a chance im going to try it.
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote