Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #113
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Yeah bowling green would be nice to go back to...but we didn't leave a very good taste in the mouth of the BG police dept and the hotels right in the area of the little Friday night stunt.

I'm sure the hotels are loving spending all our money so maybe they can turn a blind eye.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:54 PM   #114
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
We are nothing compared to the mustang crowd. Both the BGPD and Baytown PD told me they are horrible.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #115
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Yeah bowling green would be nice to go back to...but we didn't leave a very good taste in the mouth of the BG police dept and the hotels right in the area of the little Friday night stunt.

I'm sure the hotels are loving spending all our money so maybe they can turn a blind eye.
Quite the contrary... The officer was back the next night and even showed the in car video. Very cool guys all of them. As far as the hotel, they said we were the quietest car group they've ever had.

That street is a regular burn out strip with lots of others and the cops just show up and stop it. No one goes to jail unless they do something stupid like run.

We are all good in BG and I even tipped the guy who was cleaning the lot for us on Sunday.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #116
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
While I didn't get to go this year because of work, I would like to go to one someday, and I believe bowling Green would be a nice place. I also wouldn't mind the ten hour drive from Pa. There are other places I would check out down there and just make a long vacation out of it. My problem is with leaving my business in the middle of the summer which is my busiest time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #117
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
The cops had no major complaints about us. The one guy only got in trouble due to running and a bad license. Like Mike said we were a quiet and according to the cops I spoke to a well behaved group.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #118
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
The cops had no major complaints about us. The one guy only got in trouble due to running and a bad license. Like Mike said we were a quiet and according to the cops I spoke to a well behaved group.

There was no issue with his license. I wish people would stop spreading false info. Chinese telephone at its best
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #119
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
There was no issue with his license. I wish people would stop spreading false info. Chinese telephone at its best
Sorry, that came directly from one of the officers. Granted he wasn't the arresting officer, but he was present. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #120
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
while i understand that the west wants to make a presence its hard to say a good amount of the east will make that 12+ hour drive. if you wanna cater to the west then you must accomodate the east. At least make the location neutral. Understand that a lot of people on this forum are from texas and making a texas fest is ideal to them but its logical with it being a neutral location for both east and west. SOme from the east will have to drive 8-15 hours just to make fest and same applies for areas in the west. WHile the west feels like they have been treated unfair with all the east events, the more out west we push the event....the less people from the east we make that drive. If some go they will fly but whats the point of making fest without your camaro. Who's going to make that 24 hour drive to cali if they drive a racecar? Whos going to make that long drive back and forth....make it a neutral location like OKC or texas .

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #121
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Baytown should have been bigger if thats the case. I too was expecting 5th gen overload when I went last year and there was alot but not what I expected. Bowling Green was better.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #122
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkostyle View Post
Seattle/ pacific racewaywould be awesome but I'm sure that will never happen. :(
We lived in Silverdale, right across the sound. Only thing really would be the rain, and yes I know it rained a bunch in BG this year but that is not the norm and for Seattle it is more the norm than not.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #123
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Since the Camaro is being built here in Mi. I think it would be an excellent location for the next Camarofest VII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Bowling Green
Michigan
Phoenix
Englishtown
Indy
Las Vegas
Daytona
Atlanta w/ Road Atlanta

All would be incredible Fests... as long as the Southern ones are Spring or Fall. The heat is what kills attendance.

Maybe throw a one month poll out there. At the end, the winner gets investigated for a possible fest. If a no go, go down the list 2, 3...until one has all the pieces falling in place.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #124
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
while i understand that the west wants to make a presence its hard to say a good amount of the east will make that 12+ hour drive. if you wanna cater to the west then you must accomodate the east. At least make the location neutral. Understand that a lot of people on this forum are from texas and making a texas fest is ideal to them but its logical with it being a neutral location for both east and west. SOme from the east will have to drive 8-15 hours just to make fest and same applies for areas in the west. WHile the west feels like they have been treated unfair with all the east events, the more out west we push the event....the less people from the east we make that drive. If some go they will fly but whats the point of making fest without your camaro. Who's going to make that 24 hour drive to cali if they drive a racecar? Whos going to make that long drive back and forth....make it a neutral location like OKC or texas .
Gee, I think you have the West Coast's sentiments about all the events in the Midwest, 5 of 6 were out your way...who wants to drive 24 hours each way to hit a fest in the Midwest, or even Texas for that matter...they can throw one in the West...were due...
Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #125
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Baytown should have been bigger if thats the case. I too was expecting 5th gen overload when I went last year and there was alot but not what I expected. Bowling Green was better.
In Baytown, there was no advertisement (that I saw anyway) BG advertised the event locally much better than anything here.

BG was a much better event.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #126
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
Am I really hearing this? I'm in Utah where it's a 24hr drive to Kentucky. It's another 8-12 hours to the California coast. Whining about a 12 hr drive. REALLY?

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote