Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #29
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Can't see over the dashboard? This is new.....No passenger seat I've ever been in has had height-adjustability...can't say it's ever bothered me.
My 98 BMW 3 Series does.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
My 98 BMW 3 Series does.
Nice. ...I didn't mean no car has it, but in the cars I've ridden shotgun in...they haven't, and I can't say I missed it...or saw the problem.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #31
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Wink 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Many agree the Passenger Seat is too low for some.

A) Scott you had agreed and said you would be working on a repair.

B) We also were told not to do our own modifications for safety reasons and the seat had "800" sensors".

C) Also told a pillow could be used, I used doubled up Beach towels.

D) I personally verified a corrected passenger seat on the 2011's and was advised by Dealer Service that changes were made to the lower seat rail height.

How long do I have to drive my new Camaro like this with my hands tied on any other options? It is very annoying to get in the car and look at the seat every day!

LEARN something every day , today was that one can drive the camaro from the pass/ seat , this must be a first !!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #32
pbm457

Drives: 2009 Dodge "Cuda", 2010 Camaro
If it truly bothers you that much maybe you should sell your car. People can nit pick a car to death. Yes the Camaro has some annoyances, or personality quirks, but every car does. Live with it, or leave it.
pbm457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #33
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm457 View Post
If it truly bothers you that much maybe you should sell your car. People can nit pick a car to death. Yes the Camaro has some annoyances, or personality quirks, but every car does. Live with it, or leave it.
I know my corvette does, It hasnt ran right since Scott called her a HIM last summer lol. SO mad at me for having someone insult her lol (RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ & Ducks out of Scotts Reach lol. & has The Kidnapper grab him & shove him back in the buick

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
To the OP, what a truly worthwhile post. Maybe you should PM fbodfather instead of calling him out for all to see? Respect?

Can you put up some more pics of the towel on the passenger seat? Maybe from different angles? We still don't understand the issue.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #35
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
We have someone that really wants us to get a retro-fit out there.........

"Mom" Settlemire..........

She has threatened to 'ground' every member of the Camaro Team.

I would never recommend that anyone add spacers to a seat - the results could be catastrophic in an accident.

More to come.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #36
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We have someone that really wants us to get a retro-fit out there.........

"Mom" Settlemire..........

She has threatened to 'ground' every member of the Camaro Team.

I would never recommend that anyone add spacers to a seat - the results could be catastrophic in an accident.

More to come.
She would too, lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #37
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
You no longer have your Camaro because of the PASSENGER SEAT ? Really ? That's pretty hardcore there........
No, it is sort of a reason for why I no longer have it...not the only reason.
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #38
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Nice. ...I didn't mean no car has it, but in the cars I've ridden shotgun in...they haven't, and I can't say I missed it...or saw the problem.
I knew what you meant Dragoneye, but I was just being too fiesty yesterday and could not resist the temptation.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #39
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I've posted it before, the passenger seat height is probably THE reason we bought the Sky over a Camaro. In all the trips we've been able to take in all sorts of Camaros, Mrs. Number 3 was never able to enjoy them unless she was driving. She simply couldn't see over the I/P and enjoy the ride.

And that being said, having worked on airbags, seat belts and done crash testing, and having a good working knowledge in what the sensors in the seat are there to do and how they work, I would NEVER modify the seat with washers or spacers. It's been my clear recommendation to Camaro5 from the begining of this issue.

Simply put you won't have a validated solution, you won't even know how durable your solution is over the years of use. And you are simply putting anyone in that seat at risk if you've modified it for height. And if you happen to have an accident and your passenger is injured, and if you aren't related to them, I can see the you spending time in court trying to defend your engineering work.

It's likely why GM hasn't just simply slapped a passenger seat in the car with height adjustment. If it's hard for GM to do, that should be your idicator right there.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #40
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I'm not sure what would be so annoying unless it was the driver seat & you were 4'10" or something. Usually there is a difference in seat height if the drivers seat is power & the pass seat is manual because each uses a different set up.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
I'm not sure what would be so annoying unless it was the driver seat & you were 4'10" or something. Usually there is a difference in seat height if the drivers seat is power & the pass seat is manual because each uses a different set up.
Mrs. Number 3 is 5' 2". Sitting in the passenger seat affords a very nice view of the instrument panel. So when you are riding in the passenger seat do you like to enjoy the view? or just sit there and look at the floor? The passenger seat is essentially the equivalent to full down on the adjustable drivers seat.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #42
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
The few times I've let Mr. heRS drive the Camaro I haven't had a problem with the passenger seat height. My short friend Dani, now she can barely see out the window. She knows if she complains I'll ask her if she'd prefer we drive around in HER pos and we both know the answer is NO.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote