Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #15
09camaroSS

Drives: 2005 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tem4r3 View Post
ahhaha the sad thing is thats a plain jane preporoduction camaro and the other is a top notch srt8 challanger.
yea but i got to admit the challanger is still a pretty damn sexy car. althought the camaro is alot nicer. good to see both on the road thats for sure
I noticed that too. I bet the power will be decent but the Challenger is too boxy and plain looking. And the Camaro will much more power and it looks alt better in the PRE-PRODUCTION stage then the PRODUCTION Challenger
Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
AND... painted a (wince to the buying-it-in-white-guys) decent color. Flat White is kinda poor. You need a nice glossy-white, guys...
I think it's the cloudy day, but I'm pretty sure that it is a glossy white. Just photochop some of my orange stripes on it dragon and see if it matches my sig.

Better yet, you can try and match my sig base paint to that color. Is this possible?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang

I just need a three car garage....Camaro, Challenger and Mustang. I love them all
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
+1 I agree. It's hard sometimes when you keep seeing Challenger pics.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #19
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I like them both.

Maybe it's just the whole "Muscle Car" thing....but that can't be it, because I'm not really a fan of the Mustang at all. I think they look great. I prefer the Camaro (always been a Camaro guy), but if I was just floating in money, I'd probably have a Challenger too. Okay, I might get an older one first, but still.

The Camaro looks better, agreed. I won't rag on the Challenger though....I like it.

Oh, and I hate to be the one to take this shot, but I have to....give some credit to the Challenger over the Camaro.....

IT'S OUT NOW. We still have a year (at least) to wait for the Camaro. Not saying it won't be worth it, just stating the facts.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I like them both.

Maybe it's just the whole "Muscle Car" thing....but that can't be it, because I'm not really a fan of the Mustang at all. I think they look great. I prefer the Camaro (always been a Camaro guy), but if I was just floating in money, I'd probably have a Challenger too. Okay, I might get an older one first, but still.

The Camaro looks better, agreed. I won't rag on the Challenger though....I like it.

Oh, and I hate to be the one to take this shot, but I have to....give some credit to the Challenger over the Camaro.....

IT'S OUT NOW. We still have a year (at least) to wait for the Camaro. Not saying it won't be worth it, just stating the facts.
True that, the Challenger is out now, yes. But how many problems will she have with the first model. GM is just playing it safe. I do agree with the rest of you though. I do like it. The Camaro just looks better (and will probably have more than a 5.7 as their base V8. Of course, that is only speculation at this point.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
True that, the Challenger is out now, yes. But how many problems will she have with the first model. GM is just playing it safe. I do agree with the rest of you though. I do like it. The Camaro just looks better (and will probably have more than a 5.7 as their base V8. Of course, that is only speculation at this point.
I actually think the new Camaro wont have more than a 5.7 in there base V8... but thats off topic.

As for first year bugs.....well, lol, there called "FIRST year bugs" for a reason....any new production vehicle can have them.... its the severity/seriousness of the bug that can be a big deal and can be avoided if the car maker spends more time on pre-production on the vehicle.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #22
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I think the new Challenger is one MEGA-awesome looking car (Camaro is better tho), and it shows Dodge is really making good moves to stay up with GM by making the Challenger a carbon copy of the concept, just like GM did with the Camaro. You definatly have to give Dodge some credit for that.

I think that I need a quarter mile of clear drag strip, and a pure lead foot to slam on the gas before I can make a good choice (I wish), but in the looks department, I'll take the Camaro, hands down.

Really, I'm loving the this new muscle car era (seeing as i wasnt around for the first one)!!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
it shows Dodge is really making good moves to stay up with GM by making the Challenger a carbon copy of the concept, just like GM did with the Camaro.
?!?!?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #24
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I think it's the cloudy day, but I'm pretty sure that it is a glossy white.
I thought it looked like a nice glossy white too.

Looks sexy to me.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #25
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post

It's out now, kind of. They're releasing a limited number of top level Challengers now, but the real public release isn't until 2009. I like to look at it as both cars are coming out right around the same time, but the Challenger just has an early release program.

Quote:
?!?!?
He said carbon copy of the concept, not of the original, so he's ok.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #26
num1panthersfan

Drives: Mazda Rx-8
Camaro looks better by far!!!
num1panthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #27
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
Ugly Challenger.

The new Challenger, like the original, is wicked fast, powerful, and .... ugly! The Camaro is beautiful.
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
?!?!?
What I meant was GM kept the preproduction Camaro nearly exactly like the concept Camaro, if you notice Dodge did the same thing, just the Camaro look a crap load better! Sry for the confusion.
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote