Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
New Hampshire Motor Speedway 2011

alright i hope the title siked some of you up...

i sent a very well thought up message to the Senior President of Events at NHMS today. in the message i included info about who we are and our purpose.

the main idea behind this attempted contact is to see where the Track stands on a track day for us much like the NY guys just had at the Glen.

this post is to get a preliminary number of folks who would attend a track day at NHMS in case execs from the track need a number.

i already know me, molloni, and chevy3 would be in for sure....

leave some feedback...let me know what you all think

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
FIRECAM

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM M6
Send a message via AIM to FIRECAM Send a message via Yahoo to FIRECAM
Well Yes count me in. I would love to beable to spend a day at the track.

2SS/RS IOM INTERIOR ROOF AND GFX
A SMALL TRIBUTE TO MY DAD
FIRECAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I was very impressed with the message that Chris sent. I applaud him taking up the lead on this. If we can pull something off like the guys from NY, it'll be big. I know we can get at least 20 if not 30 cars to something like this. And it would be a freakin' blast!

Chris, obviously keep us posted on what you get back from them. If not them, we've got Limerock if need be. Also let me know if I can help in anyway.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Hell yea. I'd love to go to loudon.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
Renting the track is expensive to say the least. We might be better off joining in on someone elses track day, if not just for the instructors and experienced people. It's quite a technical road coarse, I know from running my bike there.

We won't be able to get a weekend day either. All weekends except maybe one or two are taken up with racing, and those one or two are booked by track day organizations.

That said, I'll be doing 8 days on my bike next year, and would love to run it in my car too.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I would want to make this trip. I wonder if Limerock has track days?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I can't say I'd race but I'd go
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
Renting the track is expensive to say the least. We might be better off joining in on someone elses track day, if not just for the instructors and experienced people. It's quite a technical road coarse, I know from running my bike there.

We won't be able to get a weekend day either. All weekends except maybe one or two are taken up with racing, and those one or two are booked by track day organizations.

That said, I'll be doing 8 days on my bike next year, and would love to run it in my car too.
I hear you, and that's why I don't understand how the upstate NY guys got to drive at The Glen for $15 a car for 3 laps! (Check their article, it's quite impressive http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110283 ) Apparently it isn't that uncommon either. So asking doesn't hurt. Mr. 600 and I were also talking about an autocross at The Glen...I'll post details on that when he and I talk more about it, but that is quite a bit more $.

Hell, for $15, I'd drive out the The Glen and spend a weekend there. As Chris and I were talking, as long as you don't pass the pace car, you can go as fast as you want too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I can't say I'd race but I'd go
do it! DO IT!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Sounds like you guys (and gals) have a great plan.

They also did similar "charity" events on 9/11 at Texas Motorspeedway - 3 laps for $30, and just last weekend 10/9 Atlanta Motorspeedway had a Cancer Charity that was 5 laps for $25. I know of a few that went to Atlanta - their trip was coordinated by Blackhawk6, I'd PM him for additional info. He's a great guy and always willing to help. They should just be getting back from Talledega.. Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

NHMS isnt a road course...and has much more free time....if we get 20-30 members to go cost would be low...if we travel to any tracks outside of the area you have to figure in misc expenses like lodging...gas...food.....a trip to loudon is equivalent to a day trip and doesnt require lodging or food in most cases since we could tailgate lolz...

limerocks schedule is very very busy do to the vast number of road course classes...theres always some road race going on there....im pretty sure the corvette guys have a day there...i could look into contacting them...and set up a corvette SLASH camaro day but thats merely a last minute deal as NHMS is the primary idea at the moment....if i dont hear from them by monday im going to call...i usually choke when i call for important shit so ill have to script something intellegent up to say to em

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
....if i dont hear from them by monday im going to call...i usually choke when i call for important shit so ill have to script something intellegent up to say to em
I'm more that willing to take a look at your "script" when you come up with. I'm on the phone with vendors and such all the time.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

if i pull this off can i be promoted to Lt. Organization?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Wooooo down there little partner. Let's see you pull this of first lol. And I think they ad part of the infield for the road course. Other than that it's the magic mile man
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote