Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Question Dealer Provided Info...

I called my dealer and im going to go put a $500 Deposit down this week to be on the list with 2 others so far in sugar land to order the ZL1 , Well my guy at the dealer said their getting a very limited amount of them to order. Their one of the Biggest dealers in the GulfCoast Area and their only getting 4-5 When they are released in Early 2012. Does this mean their gona be limited ? Or just Order Only cars ? or what does this mean ? Also he heard that the rumored price from would be in the $65-$70 range. Witch makes sense to me, a fully loaded SS is 38k i dont think we can expect a completely new Engine with a $9k supercharger a completely reinvented Transmission and Magnetic ride for 10K more than an SS I believe that the ZL1 will be in the 60s.. is this logical or way to Much ? what do yall think the price will be ?

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
No way it's $60k or more, that's CTS-V coupe territory.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Logical, yes... saleable, no.

It needs to be more inline with the GT500... PERIOD or it wont sell
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
No way it's $60k or more, that's CTS-V coupe territory.
Sorry but... CTS coupe I love the sedan but the coupe is fugly.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I Agree 100% its like a Hatch Back.. Disappointed,
And i think it could verywell be up there with it, same components if not More than the CTS-V, with the Swede interior, i see no reason (besides the fact that its a chevy and not a cadillac) that it wouldn't be priced the same, up in the 60s..
im hoping tho for everyone and my bank accounts sake its more like in the low 50s, if it really is 65-70 im going Used Z06/GTR

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
What has been officially stated by Chevrolet up to this point is:

1) The ZL1 is not going to be a limited production vehicle. Chevrolet will produce as many as the market demands. (There could be an initial "limited" supply on production start up as there was with the convertibles, but everyone who wants one, should be able to get one, with a little patience and diligence).

2) The ZL1 will be priced competitively with the competition (read GT500). Therefore, the base price for the ZL1 should be near the low $50K range.

3) Chevrolet will announce estimated dealer ZL1 allocation on Monday, October 24, 2011. Prior to that date any dealer statements regarding ZL1 allocation is speculation.

Nothing else regarding ZL1 allocation, pricing, or production has been officially stated by Chevrolet.

Anything beyond the above that a dealer states at this point regarding those three items is speculation, plain and simple.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I Agree 100% its like a Hatch Back.. Disappointed,
And i think it could verywell be up there with it, same components if not More than the CTS-V, with the Swede interior, i see no reason (besides the fact that its a chevy and not a cadillac) that it wouldn't be priced the same, up in the 60s..
im hoping tho for everyone and my bank accounts sake its more like in the low 50s, if it really is 65-70 im going Used Z06/GTR
You could almost get a brand new z06 for that price, I highly doubt that the zl1 will be 65-70. I beleive 50-55
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I called my dealer and im going to go put a $500 Deposit down this week to be on the list with 2 others so far in sugar land to order the ZL1 , Well my guy at the dealer said their getting a very limited amount of them to order. Their one of the Biggest dealers in the GulfCoast Area and their only getting 4-5 When they are released in Early 2012. Does this mean their gona be limited ? Or just Order Only cars ? or what does this mean ? Also he heard that the rumored price from would be in the $65-$70 range. Witch makes sense to me, a fully loaded SS is 38k i dont think we can expect a completely new Engine with a $9k supercharger a completely reinvented Transmission and Magnetic ride for 10K more than an SS I believe that the ZL1 will be in the 60s.. is this logical or way to Much ? what do yall think the price will be ?
First - Chevy has predetermined how many ZL1s they expect to sell, and have probably drafted allocation plans to submit to state governments. Part of that plan details how many vehicles each dealer can be expected to sell, and thus - order. All of this based on many factors, such as existing Camaro sales.

This does not mean it's a limited production car, however. If sales exceed expectations, allocation can be adjusted and the dealer may be able to order more. But I don't think any dealer knows their exact number of ZL1s, yet.

Second - Your dealer should NOT be providing customers with prices like that, because nobody knows. He/She is likely wrong - and definitely guessing like the rest of us. There are lots and lots and lots of threads in this section discussing price guesses and reasons, etc...enjoy reading through it all!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Mjolnr

Drives: 2008 Z06 710rw;2007 C6vert 510rw
Quote:
Hey Brother, think I'm on the same list as you at the same dealer! Angelo told me I was #1 on the list. No worries, there will b plenty for all of us. Founding members MO City/Sugar Land ZL1 club?

My only worry is being burned buying the first year model again. I bought a 2001 Z06 and a 2004 GTO only to have the following year's model be much improved. Oh well, its only money, right?
Mjolnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
JAB, your dealer is misinformed or a liar.
CTS-V bases out at $62ishK and can be optioned up to around $70K.
Camaro will be in the $50s.

Also keep in mind that allocations are changed all the time. If GM sees demand they will just increase production. Also there will be dealers who can't sell their cars and others that will cancel orders. GM is not in the business of creating limited production cars like this. they need to pay for the development costs and the tooling. GM wants to sell as many Camaros as productions allows, without throwing large incentives onto the cars.
The ZL1 has the potential for making a lot of money for Chevy.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #11
hunt

Drives: 10 SS 08 675 13 Stryker 10 S1000RR
Quote:
Logical, yes... saleable, no.

It needs to be more inline with the GT500... PERIOD or it wont sell
Yep if it's 65-70 I'm going with the 50k GT500.. Just too much money at that point.

I really hope it's not though, i'm in love with the ZL1.
hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
$65-$70k would be crazy - I don't believe it will be that high for one second.

If it is however then that's me out
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
hv92

Drives: .
Quote:
I disagree.

The coupe, with the proper set of rims, and a drop, can look astonishing.

check this one that Vossen did.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
I disagree.

The coupe, with the proper set of rims, and a drop, can look astonishing.

check this one that Vossen did.

+1
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote