Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesogard View Post
I am thinking that the LS3 will be an engine. I had the opportunity to get a ride in a 07 Vette last summer with an automatic and an LS3, and this engine is WICKED! I had a 69 Camaro, a 70 Chevelle with 300hp 350 and had friends with 69 Z28's and that 07 Vette brought back memories I had not had since the 70's! It didn't shift out of 1st gear till 75mph and had plenty of engine left! And this is with the traction computer ON! Weight and balance will be excellent with the all aluminum engine. I am also thinking the LS7 will be in the mix sometime as it is going into the Cadillac V Series soon. Also, keep in mind that ford (lack of caps intentional) already has a mustang with a 427...

As for the 300 HP V6, I rented a CTS last winter and I felt like I was driving a muscle car. I kept on goosing it just to hear the exhaust and feel the lurch of power. I know when Camaro fans think of 6 cylinders, the 250 straight six comes to mind, but trust me, this is not your 1st generation staight six!!!

There has also been talk of a 4 cylinder,and what I hear is the 2.0 liter with the turbo. This is the HHR SS, Cobalt SS and Sky/Solstice motor. Before you condemn GM for doing this, rent a Solstice or Sky this summer and see how well it performs. I am planning on doing this and will post some feedback...
Welcome! Always good to see new members. However, there are a few things that we've picked up here that you might not have.

Sadly, we have heard that the LS7 is being phased out. It is not going into any Caddy as far as I know. I still think it would make an awesome ZL1 though, but its not going to come from the factory in a Camaro. There is the LSA which is a supercharged variant of the LS3. THAT is going into the CTS-V, power is expected to be around 550 hp, but it will weigh a bit more because of the supercharger+intercooler. Its also expected in the top Camaro, now likely to be called the Z28 (no official confirmation -yet)

Lastly, what mustang has a 427 cu (7L) engine?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Let me ask ya'll this...

There's a lot of hype about this car, right? Maybe even more than the Challenger?

Would ya'll agree that there's going to be a VERY high demand for the top of the line model?....I'm guessing Z28?

And...would ya'll agree that GM could EASILY sell EVERY....SINGLE....ONE of them w/out a single problem?

And...how did Dodge handle the release w/ their Challengers....

I don't know when it's going to happen. But, something here makes complete sense to me.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR View Post
Didn't quite undertand what you were asking/suggesting.

Are you saying that GM is taking note of the SRT8 selling out so quickly, and will probably make a large number of Z28s? That's how I read it.

Or are you suggesting the Camaro top dog may come out first?
If any of that was clarified...there would be no guessing. And TAG couldn't say "If tell you, it does not mean that I don't have the chance to untell you in the event there isn't not a problem with telling it."
Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #18
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Oh man. All the suspence. I like the sound of 12 months down the line after the initial release. It will teach me patience. Then I can make my decision as to which model I want. I may be leaning to the stock V8 now after watching the last Nurenenenburg clips.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR View Post
Didn't quite undertand what you were asking/suggesting.

Are you saying that GM is taking note of the SRT8 selling out so quickly, and will probably make a large number of Z28s? That's how I read it.

Or are you suggesting the Camaro top dog may come out first?
What do you think?

Honestly, I have no honest, unfactually incorrect information that if told, woudn't reveal false and/or true information that would uncover speculative facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
If any of that was clarified...there would be no guessing. And TAG couldn't say "If tell you, it does not mean that I don't have the chance to untell you in the event there isn't not a problem with telling it."

^What he said.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #20
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
TAG is running for office with posts like these..lol
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
TAG is running for office with posts like these..lol
Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Avalibility ?

It seems to be the general consensus that the top dog will not be avaliable for 6-8 months after the standard v8 comes out. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Will there be a top dog at Indy? Will we know what the top dog will be by indy, along with all of it's options? I guess what I'm getting at is will we know exactly what it will be by the time Indy rolls around, and we will just not be able to order it? Maybe we will be able order it when the first round of cars are order, we just will not get it for a while???

What are everyones thoughts???
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't think anyone knows much of anything. It seems like the top dog will be out in about the timeframe you're thinking; that makes some sense. I doubt we'll see more than the official Camaro at Indy, although that would be friggin' great. I think we're just supposed to see pretty close to the final car with most of the options and features it will be available with. It would be cool to see any accessories that GM's been working on too, but I'm not so sure about that. We probably won't be able to start buying until March or so of '09 although I'm sure ordering will commence before that.

I think that it's been hinted we'll be getting more information about a top dog and or accessories through spy leaks of TF2. I thought I remembered 'Father saying that hints could be dropped along those lines, although don't quote me on that.

The timeline I've put together: unveilling at Indy of the Production Model; deliveries around March of '09 for coupes; 'Verts come in around December of '09; any top dog models for the spring to summer of '10. I'd be great if it would be sooner though!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #24
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Yeah, I was also thinking spring to summer of '10 unfortunately. It would be great to see them on the road by at least fall of 09.
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
It seems to be the general consensus that the top dog will not be avaliable for 6-8 months after the standard v8 comes out. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Will there be a top dog at Indy? Will we know what the top dog will be by indy, along with all of it's options? I guess what I'm getting at is will we know exactly what it will be by the time Indy rolls around, and we will just not be able to order it? Maybe we will be able order it when the first round of cars are order, we just will not get it for a while???

What are everyones thoughts???
I think that the verts and the top dog will be out at roughly the same time, probably in the fall of 2009.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #26
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^Which would fit me fine since I can't buy it until 2010 at the earliest.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I think we might see MANY different options at Indy....just like they said we would. I have deciphered that message to mean that we will see the engine options available, the interior options, colors, models, trim levels, etc.... We are CONTINUOUSLY being told.."This is an event you DO NOT want to miss." I am putting my money on all the models being there.

Now...as for when stuff comes out....my "speculation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Let me ask ya'll this...

There's a lot of hype about this car, right? Maybe even more than the Challenger?

Would ya'll agree that there's going to be a VERY high demand for the top of the line model?....I'm guessing Z28?

And...would ya'll agree that GM could EASILY sell EVERY....SINGLE....ONE of them w/out a single problem?

And...how did Dodge handle the release w/ their Challengers....

I don't know when it's going to happen. But, something here makes complete sense to me.
And, thread merged.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #28
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
And, thread merged.
DUUUDE, that's like MAGIC

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote