Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #43
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Drives: An ambulance, a 2ss/rs, x-wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Yeah Brick stabbed a guy.
MedicalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #44
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
I love the jealousy some people have. Rather than be happy for the kid and give some useful information they just give a jealous little rant. Some 16 year old kids can be more responsible with their cars a lot of the older guys driving the same cars.

Welcome to the site and my recommendation for an ashen gray camaro is blackout everything with a nice set of black rims. I have forgestar f14s but there are lots of nice options out there. Good luck!

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #45
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
How should I mod my camaro?

Nice car, Kid. Don't listen to the envious haters. Enjoy your Camaro and drive safely. You'll never forget your first car.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #46
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Clifton,
No offense, but you are 16, that is pretty young, My advice is to garage the Camaro for a few years and get a mustang. Drive that POS for a few years, with that stupid straight rear axle, that way you will really and truly appreciate the work of art that is the Gen 5 Camaro.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #47
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
Plastidipping your rims would look great and it's a cheap/easy mod. I would also look into some vinyl blackouts and/or stripes if you are wanting some more cheap cosmetic mods to give it a sinister look. Window tint was my first mod, but I only went 35% all the way around to stay legal. If you are wanting a mod to really change the front end, I'd recommend getting a front splitter. Imo the v6 really needs one to look aggressive.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #48
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Dog, chill out, it's just a v6.
Hahaha

Cosmetic mods are all you need right now. Save the HP upgrades until you're at least in college.

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #49
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Injen CAI was my 1st mod. Then I went with a RX catch can. Next was the ported throttle body. Black iceolater spacer was next.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #50
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clif View Post
Yeah, my parents and I talked about getting a borla exhaust system, but cosmetic features are important to me.

Thank you for the welcome, by the way!
Welcome to the site! I have had my 2LT Camaro for a week and one day. Its only my 3rd car, but the favorite one I own already! Mine came with a Borla exhaust system when I bought it. It really livens up the engine and the sound is just beautiful, especially in higher revs and quiet when cruising.

As for cosmetic mods, that is just a reflection on your own personality!

I didn't get my first car until I was 25, you are pretty lucky. Don't take it for granted!

Good luck!

Last edited by rocknroll_jeph; 11-12-2013 at 04:42 AM.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklage View Post
I want you to think of the most incredibly stupid thing that you could possibly do to your Camaro.

For example, race some idiot in down a crowded road.
Rev the engine and drop the clutch into the back of another car.
Try to take a corner your don't know like the back of your hand and end up wrecking your shiny car.
Or acting like an ASSHOLE at school because you have a nice car and getting your car keyed, egg'd, or stolen.

Oh and by the way listen to your god damn parents you may think you know everything in the world but your parents didn't reach the age they did or love you as much as they do out of DUMB LUCK, they know way more than you ****ing ever will right now so respect them.

For you, go ahead, dress that shit up. You currently can't/don't have respect for what that power can do, achieve great laps times, drag race like no other, and kill the people you love when you act a fool.

When you wrap your head around responsibility in life, then add horsepower.
Thank you for reminding me immaturity doesn't discriminate against age.

Quote:
Hey!

My name is Clifton, and I'm 16. (possibly the youngest Camaro owner on the site? Idk, lol.) Below are some pictures of my car that I got back in March, and I am looking to mod it. I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber bowtie decal for the front and back, plasti-dipping my bezels, and/or plasti-dipping my rims, as well as getting a 20% tint and ground effects. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on this, and what else I could do to make my car look great?

Thanks!

If you're looking for rims stick to 19/20s. I bought my car used and it came with 22s. They look good, but you will loose ride quality and performance.
I would also invest in a set of these.
Name:  Free-Shipping-New-Driver-2-Side-Wide-Angle-Round-Convex-Adjustable-Blind-Spot-font-b-mirror.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  109.7 KB
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #52
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Get a set of drop springs. It will look nicer, handle and brake better. There a some good deals on OEM 20" tires and wheels, which, in conjunction with the lowering springs would look nice if you can afford it. Black bowties and some other cheap and simple mods that some other members mentioned would round it off.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #53
Clif

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro
Thank you everyone for your comments! You guys are so welcoming and I am so appreciative of all the ideas. I'm definitely looking at stripes (Although I have no idea what color stripes that'd look good with Ashen gray?) I've been terribly busy with school and haven't been able to respond. Over this time, I've done a few things to the car, and will post pictures shortly!

Mods as of now:

- 25% tint all sides; strip on top of front windshield

- Bowties blacked out

- Got blacked out "CAMARO" side emblems. ( Just took this, the flash makes it look dirty for some reason..)

- Painted bezels; blacked out tailights

- Painted license plate frame letters (Again, crappy flash...)

- And, for Christmas, getting my rims painted black and calipers red.

Hope yall are having a great holiday season!

Last edited by Clif; 12-15-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your comments! You guys are so welcoming and I am so appreciative of all the ideas. I'm definitely looking at stripes (Although I have no idea what color stripes that'd look good with Ashen gray?) I've been terribly busy with school and haven't been able to respond. Over this time, I've done a few things to the car, and will post pictures shortly!

Mods as of now:

- 25% tint all sides; strip on top of front windshield

- Bowties blacked out

- Got blacked out "CAMARO" side emblems. ( Just took this, the flash makes it look dirty for some reason..)

- Painted bezels; blacked out tailights

- Painted license plate frame letters (Again, crappy flash...)

- And, for Christmas, getting my rims painted black and calipers red.

Hope yall are having a great holiday season!
Looks good I remember back when I first got my car, and started doing small mods. It's slowly going to increase to more expensive parts. I'm not sure what colors you like, but I love bright color combinations such as orange, blue or green.

Blue: Name:  cam5-cgm-met-blue-rally-lrg.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  279.5 KB

Green: Attachment 34925

orange:
Attached Images

Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #55
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
mod it any way you like... don't let people on here influence you. you can ask for opinions but at the end of the day it's all on you since it is your car.

ahh i remember when i was 17 in high school and my parents bought me this car. good times
Old 12-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #56
Clif

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro
Syner -

Thanks! Haha, I'm quite aware... It went from being $10 for the bowtie stuff, to 40 for the tint on the taillights and such, 240 for the window tint, to around 900 for exhaust (working on this..) to 1300 for rims and calipers painted. (working on this too :P)

Bigtime -

yeah, of course. I'm just trying to get some opinions/suggestions from you all who've been here a while compared to me, just the guy looking for stuff that looks cool.
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote