Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #57
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Use the rears for the sub. If you add a 4 channel amp it will have an RCA in and out. It will function as a pass through or splitter for your mono amp.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #58
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
thanks for the tips for the pac and zisl, I will be going this route!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #59
cmorebass

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Glad to see this has helped others.

Did you not run a remote line for your amp?
thank you again for your guide, I thought I was screwed when I realized I had a non ba system after the fact. I did run the remote wire using the speed wire and the single solid blue wire off the PAC harness

cmorebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #60
mighty88

Drives: Camaro 1LT
jeepguy_1980,

Did you splice into the blue wire, or can it be cut and ran straight to the amp?
mighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #61
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
I just posted my own thread because somehow I missed this one. Looks like lots of collective Non-BA knowledge is available.

I'm looking to do 4ch + mono amp. I know mono amp only I can just splice into the rears with a LOC, but for the 4ch it seems like the PAC AA-GM44 is the way to go.

When I look at the AA-GM44 I see 4 RCA's already available. What is going on with the ZISL adapter being tacked in on the harness?

On a stock AA-GM44, it was my understanding that you got 4 RCA outs to go into a 4ch amp.

I tried to see if Steve over on ******** had a solution for me, but he mentioned that he only has a harness for the Boston Acoustics systems.

Also, just to be clear, I want to maintain all of the factory wiring.

Here's a picture of how I understand the AA-GM44 to work, but I have a few questions.

Ok, so assuming what I have pointed out is correct, what's the pink adapter? Also, my understanding of the harness has the the following happening. Radio->Speaker Signal->Line Out Converter->RCA's->4-ch Amp->???.

How do I tie the amplified signal back into my speakers using the factory wiring? I can't tell from the pictures, but does the live/amplified speaker that gets fed into the Line Out Converter get "split" in the harness, and still pass through to the regular harness? Is this where people are talking about modifying the cable?

Perhaps this is what they're talking about?

Last edited by crashprime; 04-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #62
crashprime

Ok, sometimes it takes making big graphics in MS Paint before realizing what you guys were talking about.

It looks like the PAC Line-out converter output/sound sucks on the AA-GM44. What you guys have been doing instead, is using the harness to split off speaker outputs, using the x2 ZISEL to convert from x2 2-wire (four wires .. for example +/- Front Right +/- Front Left) speaker cables to x2 RCA males, and using couplers to get female RCAs. Then you send that "powered" signal over RCA to an amplifier that accepts that type of input instead of line level.

What "feature" on a four channel amplifier am I looking at to accomplish this? Is this called a "balanced input"?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #63
crashprime

I've answered my own questions for the most part about amp choices, so most of what I was asking about can be ignored.

I have equipped myself with a JBL MS-A1004 4-channel amplifier, and a JBL MS-8 signal processor unit. I will be using a speaker level signal to the MS-8 which accepts this type of input. It acts as an expensive LOC, but also processes the signal with a 36 band EQ and automatic tuning. I think jeepguy uses this same signal processor.

When using the MS-8, I'm just using the AA-GM44's harness, take the speaker level outputs from the harness along with the blue wire remote, wire it up as: Radio->GM44 Harness->9wire speedwire (using blue for remote)->MS-8->RCA to Amp->9wire speedwire back to harness?

From everything I've read, this is how it works. How much (length) of speedwire will it take to get from the trunk to the radio harness?

Last edited by crashprime; 04-25-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #64
jeepguy_1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashprime View Post
I've answered my own questions for the most part about amp choices, so most of what I was asking about can be ignored.

I have equipped myself with a JBL MS-A1004 4-channel amplifier, and a JBL MS-8 signal processor unit. I will be using a speaker level signal to the MS-8 which accepts this type of input. It acts as an expensive LOC, but also processes the signal with a 36 band EQ and automatic tuning. I think jeepguy uses this same signal processor.

When using the MS-8, I'm just using the AA-GM44's harness, take the speaker level outputs from the harness along with the blue wire remote, wire it up as: Radio->GM44 Harness->9wire speedwire (using blue for remote)->MS-8->RCA to Amp->9wire speedwire back to harness?

From everything I've read, this is how it works. How much (length) of speedwire will it take to get from the trunk to the radio harness?
Sorry for the late reply. I've been out of town.

20 feet should be sufficient.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #65
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Wait, so you use the "rear left" and "rear right" RCA for the subwoofer signal? Did you just use RCA splitters for the "front left" and front right" to give you more channels?

If that's the case I have finally understood this custom harness!!

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #66
cmorebass

I just traded my non BA car to an BA car, will my custom harness still with BA system??? Do I need to unplug the factory amp in the trunk? I'm debating if I should use this same harness or just sell it and buy the ******** FARK 3.0. I'm still going to use my same 1000 watt RF punch 5 channel amp

Old 08-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #67
jeepguy_1980

The harness will still work, but you'll have to do all the work of running the wire back behind your head unit. The FARK will allow you to do all the wiring in the trunk.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #68
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Lol can I ask you to check if I was thinking correctly in my post above, seeing as you've come back to this thread

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #69
jeepguy_1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Wait, so you use the "rear left" and "rear right" RCA for the subwoofer signal? Did you just use RCA splitters for the "front left" and front right" to give you more channels?

If that's the case I have finally understood this custom harness!!
No. I sent 4signals to the trunk from behind the head unit.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #70
cmorebass

My custom Pac harness consist of 4channel rca , speed wire from best buy, taped up into one wire to run into the trunk. I got front channel and rear channel signal going into the trunk, by using a 5channel amp allows front channel input, to signal the sub channel internally. The speed wire is an output wires going back into the harness behind the stereo to power front door speakers and rear deck speakers, plus speed contains the blue remote on wire for the amp. That's about the best I can explain how this setup works. The main thing it's does work for the non BA system . Since I already spent the time and money into this wire harness I'm going to use it again in my new BA system. It's not that hard to go behind radio and run wire down passenger side panel, the real pain and suffering comes from removing rear deck to swap out the 6x9's

Tags
amp install, non-ba