Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #57
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Same story different day. Cadillac builds one competitive car and you guys celebrate like you just won the Superbowl and would probably compare it to a Bentley Arnage if somebody posted something about that car. I called the GM bankruptcy well before that happened, I called it when I said that other companies would still fare much better than GM in terms of market share gains despite their get out of jail free card, and I called it when I said that GM was not in a better monetary position than their main domestic rival despite that same get out of jail free card.

Now I'm suffering fools who think the a Cadillac brand with one decent offering (that is relatively heavily discounted no less) is going to save a brand that is doing nothing of significance to improve their dealership experience. Some people just wont learn. But don't let me stop you, I'm sure this time is the charm.
I bet it felt great to get that off your chest, probably orgasmic
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #58
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post
i know it felt good to me....
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #59
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
i know it felt good to me....
that's good, the collective ears of Camaro 5 are open for you guys to b!tch and cry freely at your leisure. enjoy.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #60
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Same story different day. Cadillac builds one competitive car and you guys celebrate like you just won the Superbowl and would probably compare it to a Bentley Arnage if somebody posted something about that car....

Now I'm suffering fools who think the a Cadillac brand with one decent offering (that is relatively heavily discounted no less) is going to save a brand that is doing nothing of significance to improve their dealership experience. Some people just wont learn. But don't let me stop you, I'm sure this time is the charm.
Damn bro.. U are seriously reaching. I have had excellent experience at my Cadillac Dealership... Gourmet Coffee/Cappuccino, pastries... and even if I only have to leave my vehicle there for an hour or two.. I'm still am offered a Loaner from their In-House Enterprise office, usually a sweeeeet ass SRX, CTS, or 'Slade. Several times tho I have gotten the key to the owner's XLR or STS-V tho. Best part is that I have only once had to leave my Cadillac at the dealer over night.. and it was because I COULDN'T get back there before closing because I was outta town. Cadillac's being pretty reliable and all.

Cadillac builds more than just the CTS too. It also builds to the top selling Luxo SUV and the second best selling Luxo CUV. Cadillac is literally the second strongest Growth brand on the market, just behind Buick. Hate at wil l The only thing that seems to hold Cadillac back is the fact that it currently only has 3 "live" products to sell. The XTS, and ATS will remedy this.

Quote:
I called the GM bankruptcy well before that happened, I called it when I said that other companies would still fare much better than GM in terms of market share gains despite their get out of jail free card, and I called it when I said that GM was not in a better monetary position than their main domestic rival despite that same get out of jail free card.
Dude.. what do U want a cookie? Anyone who could see, saw a company taking too good a care of it's workers/retirees. So much so they couldn't invest properly in the product. So would call GM the ultimate humanitarian company.. but that's all fixed now... and "I told U so" simply has no relevance now that GM is strongly on the mend.

Also.. am I the only one that realizes that GM lost 4 brands. Your expert opinion that GM would lose market share after the lost of Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer and Saab. My 10 year old saw this coming.. Hell in 2009 Pontiac alone almost sold as many as Mercury, Jag, AND VOLVO??? I am actually proud tho, that Ford has gained market share after what they were going thru for the past 6 years, but with a lost of 4 very well known brands.. I think the fact that GM has only lost 6/10s of a percent of market share over the last year with massive amounts of new product and Foreign rivals faltering in their perception blanket... is just as, if not more impressive.

Lastly.. GM is in a much better monetary position than Ford.

Looking at the actual numbers:

GM has $32 Billion CASH
They have $8.2 billion + the $27 billion Underfunded VEBA Debt)
Leaving them with a NEGATIVE -$3.2 billion

Ford has $22 Billion CASH
They have $27 Billion + a KNOWN $17 Billion Underfunded VEBA Debt (and a probable $5.5 Billion more by Dec.)
Leaving them with a NEGATIVE -$17 Billion (-$22.5 Billion if the Analyst is correct)
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #61
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I feel as though this thread was hijacked by CTS/GM haters when it started as a recognition of the improvement of Nissan cars. I may be off course, but seriously, where is the beef?
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #62
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Same story different day. Cadillac builds one competitive car and you guys celebrate like you just won the Superbowl and would probably compare it to a Bentley Arnage if somebody posted something about that car. I called the GM bankruptcy well before that happened, I called it when I said that other companies would still fare much better than GM in terms of market share gains despite their get out of jail free card, and I called it when I said that GM was not in a better monetary position than their main domestic rival despite that same get out of jail free card.

I agree with the first point you was trying to make, but....

1. CTS/CTS-V - next gene will be the size of the late model STS give or take to combat the 5 series and the E-class.. never mind the rice burners

2. SRX - the "Cadillac of Crossovers.. knuff said

3. ATS- should be the size of the current CTS.. a lil smaller giver or take to combat the 3 series and the c-class... the V cars are gonna be nice!!

4. The Escalade.. ima leave that to someone else

The next 3 years are gonna be fun

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
But don't let me stop you, I'm sure this time is the charm.
Well excuse me!

Remind me next time you want to crap all over a thread...I'll get the paper towels ready...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #64
mdinferno

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT/RS
Entaille, you are correct G and the FX are holding its value... the M and QX has the worse resale value.
mdinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #65
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
lol when I made this thread I wasn't expecting all this drama
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #66
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
lol when I made this thread I wasn't expecting all this drama
Would've been a good post to break this out.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #67
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
I feel as though this thread was hijacked by CTS/GM haters when it started as a recognition of the improvement of Nissan cars. I may be off course, but seriously, where is the beef?
LOL, I was wondering the same thing. Looked like a nice car- not my cup of tea- but a nice car nonetheless.

It's wierd that there's an argument over the back seats. I think maybe some of you don't have enough friends.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #68
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Damn bro.. U are seriously reaching. I have had excellent experience at my Cadillac Dealership... Gourmet Coffee/Cappuccino, pastries... and even if I only have to leave my vehicle there for an hour or two.. I'm still am offered a Loaner from their In-House Enterprise office, usually a sweeeeet ass SRX, CTS, or 'Slade. Several times tho I have gotten the key to the owner's XLR or STS-V tho. Best part is that I have only once had to leave my Cadillac at the dealer over night.. and it was because I COULDN'T get back there before closing because I was outta town. Cadillac's being pretty reliable and all.

Cadillac builds more than just the CTS too. It also builds to the top selling Luxo SUV and the second best selling Luxo CUV. Cadillac is literally the second strongest Growth brand on the market, just behind Buick. Hate at wil l The only thing that seems to hold Cadillac back is the fact that it currently only has 3 "live" products to sell. The XTS, and ATS will remedy this.

Got a fully loaded 2011 SRX the yesterday as a rental while the Escalade was in for service. Got an STS and an STS-V acouple months ago too. I'd say Cadillac dealers have amazing service, and it's expected since you're paying such a large amount of cash for a car/SUV. Love our escalade.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #69
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post
Don't know where Syr74 experienced his lousy Cadillac service, but the service I am getting for my Escalade at the Cady dealership has been infinitely better than what I have been getting at my Infiniti's dealer for my wife's G35. Now I am wondering if Syr actually ever own any of these cars or just like to be a hater.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #70
CombatVet0311

I'm thinking hater