Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #925
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Ok, I'm gonna make this bold just so it's less likely to get skipped...

It's cool you want it in "Your Town", but mod's will need specific tracks nearby, dragstrip (1320) autocross and possibly road course, or you might as well be pissn' in the wind.
.... just sayin'
Thank you...

The cover-eyes and poke-a-map methods don't quite work here.....we've got standards, YO!!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #926
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Thank you...

The cover-eyes and poke-a-map methods don't quite work here.....we've got standards, YO!!
Would those standards happen to include Summit Motorsports Park? I know they can and have set up autocross but to my knowledge.. no local road courses in the middle of BFE Northern Ohio.

Well.. there's also Cedar Point in Sandusky but I'm sure nobody wants to bring a Camaro out THERE in May/June?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #927
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Would those standards happen to include Summit Motorsports Park? I know they can and have set up autocross but to my knowledge.. no local road courses in the middle of BFE Northern Ohio.

Well.. there's also Cedar Point in Sandusky but I'm sure nobody wants to bring a Camaro out THERE in May/June?
maybe......

A road-course, in all honesty is not a requirement of ours. It's tons of fun, and lots of people enjoy it -- but it's also very expensive. We happened to luck out with Phoenix and Pfadt Racing's rental of the road course that weekend.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #928
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
maybe......

A road-course, in all honesty is not a requirement of ours. It's tons of fun, and lots of people enjoy it -- but it's also very expensive. We happened to luck out with Phoenix and Pfadt Racing's rental of the road course that weekend.
Hmm. Ah.. Well there's always the back roads around the park/Norwalk if you wanted to test your luck..

Just remember that the local and staties are ..Ohioan.

And May/June weather in North Central Ohio is pretty stable considering it's close to the Lakes. Half-way between Cleveland Hopkins and Detroit Metro (3.5 hours). Track well traveled enough to have local lodging. Not too small to be totally swamped for a Fest but not to overly elaborate like some coastal tracks.

Though if Joliet works better I'm not gonna knock it. Just thought the Summit name would perk some ears..
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #929
Bonj87

Drives: Silverado S
i vote Joliet,, cuz .. well, i live there~! i dont have my Ro yet.. but hopefully soon.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #930
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thank you...

Yo, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "Don't hold your breath" and 10 being "Very Soon", how close are we in getting a location announcement?

Thanks!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #931
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Yo, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "Don't hold your breath" and 10 being "Very Soon", how close are we in getting a location announcement?

Thanks!
Um....considering a 1 would mean we'd never tell you, lending itself to there being no Fest whatsoever...which is blasphemy!!!!

....a 5.

It's real tough to put a number on it because you never know what speed bumps are waiting up ahead...I don't want to make a promise we can't keep with regards to announcing a venue.

Location choice has a lot of variables that need considering, not the least of which is size and geographic region. The comment I made about about poking a map was just a joke...but also pretty true. While we don't pretend to be expert auto event organizers, we do make every effort to scrutinize the details of our show so everyone has the best time possible.

That said....stay tuned RIGHT HERE...well, actually just this section.

We'll let everyone know as soon as we do!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #932
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

Thanks!
5 .... plus or minus 5
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #933
Black Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
5 .... plus or minus 5
Very clever!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #934
Black Lightning

Quote:
Um....considering a 1 would mean we'd never tell you, lending itself to there being no Fest whatsoever...which is blasphemy!!!!

....a 5.

It's real tough to put a number on it because you never know what speed bumps are waiting up ahead...I don't want to make a promise we can't keep with regards to announcing a venue.

Location choice has a lot of variables that need considering, not the least of which is size and geographic region. The comment I made about about poking a map was just a joke...but also pretty true. While we don't pretend to be expert auto event organizers, we do make every effort to scrutinize the details of our show so everyone has the best time possible.

That said....stay tuned RIGHT HERE...well, actually just this section.

We'll let everyone know as soon as we do!
I can totally understand there's a LOT of work that goes into an event this large. Here's hoping all goes well with minimum bumps!

Oh yeah, staying right here for the announcement.

for keeping us updated.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #935
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
I can't begin to imagine how much work goes into an event of this size.... Glad y'all are able to do it for us
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #936
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
What is this Joliet I keep seeing? Anyone have a website to check it out? I remember the Blues Brother movie and they kept talking about Joliet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joliet_Correctional_Center

Last edited by IrocJack; 06-29-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #937
HIOFECR

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Vegas Baby

SQUEEZE THROTTLE. FEEL GROUND RUMBLE
Old 06-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #938
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Anywhere at the end of May...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Closed Thread