Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #43
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
I would say the gt 500 is a beter buy than the Zl1, the camaro has a good design but it's to dam heavy for any real performance, if the camaro would weigh in a 3500 lbs then sure but at it's curent weight it's no good

And you are also aware that the Caddy weighs 4300 lbs, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you're driving it.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I'm sure the ZL1 would be a blast to drive regardless. All those things you mentioned like the lighter, wider wheels with sticky rubber, magnetic ride, EPS etc will definitely make the car feel a lot more nimble. But that in addition to shedding some pounds would be even better Everything gets better with weight reduction, like someone mentioned in this thread. Handling, acceleration, mileage etc.
Absolutely!!! And I'm glad you brought it up, because I couldn't figure out how to work this into my previous post:

Lighter weight makes everything better...but a 'heavy' car doesn't mean it's going to be inherently Bad at anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I can't wait to find these details out about the car. I'm itching so bad for these specs, I check every day to see if they were released. If they aren't released by the time of the NYC auto show, you can bet I'll be harrassing the GM rep's for that info
I'm right there with you!! I can't wait!!

They said they'll be testing through the beginning of the summer, and to look for specs later in the season. Ordering should begin early winter, and production starts early '12.....Seems like such a long way away....but really it isn't that bad when you consider how long some of us have already been waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiesel View Post
And you are also aware that the Caddy weighs 4300 lbs, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you're driving it.
Since this is an "expectations" thread....I expect the ZL1 to outperform the CTS-V in every measure (except interior and comfort)...It's got wider tires, lighter weight, and it's designed to perform from the bottom up. Yet -- the CTS-V is already an absolutely AMAZING car. What does that say?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #45
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiesel View Post
Good point. My friend just picked up a super low mile Audi RS4 and it weighs around 4,000-lbs and it's amazing how nimble it is. It certainly felt and performed "lighter" than it's actual weight.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #46
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
There's something that you guys are forgetting about the ZL1 compared the ZO6, and that is that the ZL1 with a pulley and tune will pick up around 100horses. I know the ZO6 i't still in a whole different category. But for 25kless than the basic ZO6, I think the ZL1 will be a better deal, unless you go for a used ZO6.