Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
How to Get Rid of Sweat/Prevent Sweat Stains from color shirts

I have a problem !!!

It's starting to get very hot and summer is approaching and I't was 88F today in Philadelphia

My problem is I sweat ... ALOT and my deodorant is ass (currently using Mitchum Gel) and doesn't stop me from sweating neither

And I where expensive Ralph Lauren Polo shirts ... and at $75.00 a shirt I don't wanna have yellow or white stains on my colorful shirts !!!! it madning girls don't like that

So how to we get rid of them, I heard of making a paste with baking-soda and peroxide or a vinegar and water solution but these are very rich and light color shirts ... I don't went them to fade neither ... they are starting to stain and I don't wont throw them away

Help...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Excuse my spelling but you need a anitpersant ?? I think that would help?

P.S. a camaro might help too....
Old 04-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Gels suck, in my experience. Try a solid stick like Degree or Old Spice. and wear an undershirt. deodorant is eventually going to make the pits yellow, which makes me wonder what it's doing to my skin. cheaper to buy new t-shirts than polos.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I do wear deoderant!!!!

and I hear you on the tshirt part but I love wearing my polo shirts .... Just wanna kept them nice and clean

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
maxi-pads
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
My problem is I sweat ... ALOT and my deodorant is ass (currently using Mitchum Gel) and doesn't stop me from sweating neither
Try different de-oderants...but none of them will "stop you from sweating". It's a natural function for your body to sweat and cool off.

And I where expensive Ralph Lauren Polo shirts ... and at $75.00 a shirt I don't wanna have yellow or white stains on my colorful shirts !!!! it madning girls don't like that
I suggest buying less expensive shirts...I don't think I could stomach spending over $20.00 for a polo...Then, take that difference in cost and buy some undershirts. /End stains
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
I do wear deoderant!!!!

and I hear you on the tshirt part but I love wearing my polo shirts .... Just wanna kept them nice and clean
Try an antiperspirant like dune was suggesting. Most deoderants are not designed to prevent sweat so much as to cover the smell. Antiperspirants are actually designed to chemically prevent you from sweating. For a good explaination, you can read this article: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin...uestion627.htm

The point is, try something else if your current product isn't working. I use axe solid (their antiperspirant line, not their deoderant line) and it works well at preventing me from sweating - at least, where I put it on. Can't keep me from sweating on my back and whatnot.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Drives: 95 3.4l V6
The shirts turn yellow because of the salt content in your sweat. Wear an undershirt. And use Old Spice, or any other hard stick. Gels suck!