Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Pedders XA Coilover questions

Can the Pedders XA coilovers be set to stock ride height ?? If not, what is the MINIMUM drop the XA's can be adjusted to ??
What warranty do the XA's come with ?? Can the warranty be transferred to a different owner if they are sold ???
TIA....Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.

Last edited by flht99b; 05-10-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Yes they can be set to stock height.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I cant wait to read what is said about warranty?
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Pedder's Terms and Conditions

The following are the terms and conditions of sale for any goods supplied by Pedders USA, LLC
1. Prices shown in Pedders Price List are subject to change without notice.
2. The prices referred to in the Pedders Price List are recommended prices only and there is no obligation to comply with the recommended prices.
3. Pedders Price List does NOT include State or Local Taxes.
4. Pedders will not be liable to the Purchaser in the event that delivery of the goods is delayed irrespective of the cause of the delay.
(a) Each sale of goods shall be subject to the standard warranty of Pedders in force from time to time.
(b) Pedders warrant the quality and condition of all products distributed by Pedders bearing the brand name of Pedders for a period of twenty four (24) months from the date of the invoice or until such time as the subject vehicle has traveled 36,000 miles from the date of installation of the subject goods, whichever occurs first.
Aftermarket suspension warranty should be straight forward. We do not have a racing exclusion. Pedders warranty covers all our bits. It does not cover improper installation, impact or collision damage. It does cover labor when the part has been installed at a Pedders shop for warranty work at any Pedders Shop. The legal version of our warranty and registration form are listed on this page. We hope you will enjoy your PEDDERISED vehicle.
Pedders USA, LLC WARRANTY

Pedders USA, LLC warrants its dampers, coils and bushes against defects in workmanship, materials and malfunction for 24 Months or 36,000 miles from the time of purchase. If a Pedders bit malfunctions during the 24 Month or 36,000 mile warranty period and Pedders USA, LLC determines the bit to be defective; Pedders USA, LLC will either replace it or repair it at our discretion. Exceptions to this warranty include:
  • Improper installation, use of lubricants other than Pedders and lubricating Pedders bits that should not be lubricated
  • Use on vehicles other than Pedders named application
  • Bent or damaged bits showing abuse, impact or improper installation
  • Parts sold outside the Pedders USA, LLC Dealer Network
Pedders USA, LLC liability is limited to replacement parts for its dampers, coils and bushes unless installed by a designated Pedders Dealer. Pedders bits installed by an appointed Pedders Dealer INCLUDE warranty labor costs at any Pedders shop in North America. Proof of purchase from an appointed Pedders Dealer is required for warranty.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
I don't know how you could ask for a better warranty
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Time will tell.......
Old 05-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Time will tell.......
?????? What brand are you running with? Is the warranty better? why would ride hieght affect a waranty anyway?
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
sounds solid to me
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
?????? What brand are you running with? Is the warranty better? why would ride hieght affect a waranty anyway?
Ride hieght does not affect our warranty on our parts. We do not, however warranty you having an impact with your front bumper our valence if you hit a low level curb due to you dropping the Camaro say 2 inches. oes that make sense?

Thanks Rob for posting the Pedders warranty policy

Thanks
Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I spoke to Pedders before I sold my coilovers. They told me they transfer and the start date of the 2-year warranty has two options. Option1, the warranty begins on the day of install if installed by a Pedders authorized installer. Option 2, the warranty starts at the date of sale if installed by anyone else.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I spoke to Pedders before I sold my coilovers. They told me they transfer and the start date of the 2-year warranty has two options. Option1, the warranty begins on the day of install if installed by a Pedders authorized installer. Option 2, the warranty starts at the date of sale if installed by anyone else.
Officially, the Pedders warranty goes to the original purchaser. Technically, if a Pedders part is resold, the warranty does not follow. Now that does not mean that Pedders will not look at a situation on a case by case basis. But you did not get this info from Pete or myself.

Our Pedders warranty for last year was less than .03% and I will tell you we are pretty forgiving. Most of this warranty we did really was more goodwill, do to improper installation processes.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #12
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

I would be disagreeing with you in a big way to this point. The more you embellish,the more it's going to come around and bite you in the back side.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #13
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
You know, the stock springs/struts are looking better all the time. No vendor so far has put in as much time and R&D of Camaro parts as GM has. That being said I am 100% satisfied with my MTI Racing shifter and sway bars, seems they got it right at least in my book.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I would be disagreeing with you in a big way to this point. The more you embellish,the more it's going to come around and bite you in the back side.
What gives with you? Have you ever had their products? Are you speaking from an experience with them? Other than some things taking longer to get produced I have never heard anything but really good reviews from any owners of their products. As I asked earlier what are you running on your car?
If a company does you wrong I am all for flaming them if they do the right thing, elaborate where you are coming from. Showing up just to knock any company is wrong in so many ways. Tell us why you feel the way you do. If you like another brand more say so, but dont knock a company you have no first hand experience with.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote