Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #57
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
There are only a few other 5th gens in the area. I get excited every time I even see any generation of Camaro (stock or modded/restored).

Most daily drivers in this area are trucks, SUVs, or other 4WD/AWD options (one word - mountains). There are tons of Garage Queens though for the sunny days and weekends. I just make sure Caroline doesn't miss one of those!!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #58
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I'm happy for the occasional compliment I get, instead of 3 years ago when I would get mobbed at every stop.

Earlier this summer I got a "thumbs up"...lol, I hadn't had one of those in a while.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #59
Sw0rdf1sh

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary - No Stripe
When I drive down the road I barely ever see one. In my town near the coast I see a few here and there but not as many as you would think with Dealerships having them left and right.

Saw a nice convertible coming out of the Chick-Fil-A drive through the other morning with Purple Oracle Halo's, etc. Looked to have Oracle Sidemarkers as well. THESE are the kind I like seeing. The ones that you know aren't rentals and who take an extra interest in having the Camaro.

I've got to say, over the years I've had a lot of cars and some of them "muscle" or "sports" cars. I've never been as into a car as I have this one. If I see someone else who has one, I'm pretty sure they are feeling the same thing...that's pretty cool.

2012 45th Anniversary LT2; Stripe Delete; MnP Carbon Fiber Bowtie Inserts; ORACLE Concept SMD Sidemarkers; Oracle LED License Plate Bulbs, ProClip Center Speaker Mounted Samsung Galaxy Tab, Sequential Taillights
Sw0rdf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #60
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
I don't mind. I wasn't exactly early in getting mine (July of 2010), but they definitely weren't common in myarea. Now, however, whenever I see one in my colors, I somewhat die on the inside lol. I was, as far as I could tell, the first to get SW/IOM in my town and now their are at least five. Which I don't really mind, but I don't like my vehicles to be exactly the same as the one next to me.

Mine's louder though :P
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #61
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Most people tell me it's the nicest one they've seen. I like that better than just how nice it is.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #62
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
I see some around my area, but the majority are teens with RS / steel black wheels. Hardly ever see a nice 2ss!
Lol
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #63
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
After having the first one around my town I got to liking the attention. Then they were popping up left and right (glad they did, I love them!). Last summer while sitting at a red light I saw my twin, then I went to my friend that does custom paint and had this done.... and put on the SLP's.
Attached Images

Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #64
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
I see some around my area, but the majority are teens with RS / steel black wheels. Hardly ever see a nice 2ss!
RS cars don't have steel black wheels. They have the same ones you do.

Damn teenagers.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #65
GTFD2

Drives: C7 2LT Vert 2014/2LT RS 2012
I live about 20 miles west of Cleveland and see about 15 Mustangs for 1 Camaro.
GTFD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #66
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
I don't mind. I wasn't exactly early in getting mine (July of 2010), but they definitely weren't common in myarea. Now, however, whenever I see one in my colors, I somewhat die on the inside lol. I was, as far as I could tell, the first to get SW/IOM in my town and now their are at least five. Which I don't really mind, but I don't like my vehicles to be exactly the same as the one next to me.

Mine's louder though :P
While in traveling around Sarasota and Key West Fl last June I bet I saw a new Camaro every 5 minutes.
Lots of convertibles & V/6's- many rentals I presume. There's a lot less of them up here.
When I got my SW/IOM SS delivered 8/21/09 there were very few of any color around.
SW's are still rare up here in the No East.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #67
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Well, I have seen so many black 5th Gens that i dont think they make another color. I have seen 6 black, 3 Orange, 2 Red, 3 Green, 1 IBM (almost thought it was black), 1 45th and 1 Cyber Gray. Oh and 1 white.
No bother about the qty of Camaros, just the colors.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #68
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
I don't see too many Camaros in the SF bay area. Mustangs are everywhere and I am starting to see alot of Challengers.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #69
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Well, I have seen so many black 5th Gens that i dont think they make another color. I have seen 6 black, 3 Orange, 2 Red, 3 Green, 1 IBM (almost thought it was black), 1 45th and 1 Cyber Gray. Oh and 1 white.
No bother about the qty of Camaros, just the colors.
In three years I've seen 4 abm that aren't mine. That's with driving about 100,000 miles in two cars. So it ain't because I'm not looking.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #70
MrGood

Quote:
Another thing is RS (rally sport) is a package which can be added to anything at or after the 1lt trim level. IT IS NOT A TRIM. Also my lowly 2lt/rs will eat you. That is all.