Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #57
BalzOnYer4Head
Best First Post Ever! :)

Drives: F-150
Hey thanks everyone! There were actually about nine pictures all together but some were blurry cause the camera focused on the reflection of the glass in the vehicle my buddy was driving.

I picked out the best three, dotted out the tag as to not get anyone in trouble, and uploaded them.

Notice the piece of weather stripping hanging down out of the back? Reminds me of GM products from the late eighties early nineties, Beretta anyone?
BalzOnYer4Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #58
Z28SSC

Drives: 84 Z28, 94 Z28, 04 Goat
I may be crazy, but does anyone else think this car lacks the extreme negative rear camber its sister Zeta cars have? Difficult to be certain from so few pics but I could swear the Catera and GTO had substantially more.
Z28SSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #59
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sister Zeta... was the GTO really a "zeta"?
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #60
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Regardless of the engine, it will need to be tested in any and all conditions when in Camaro. The Camaro will have different driving conditions mainly because its heavier then the Corvette and probably lighter than any of the other cars it might borrow an engine from. Plus it will breath differently than everything else.

That brings me to another point. Clearly there are at least 2 Camaros down there, which means they are testing 2 different engines. 1 is suspected to be a V6, the other a V8. But we don't know if there is a third car. If it isn't there then what we are seeing is the v6 and base v8, and that is all that will be availible at launch, although there will be some exterior detailing changes at launch I imagine (black gas cap on a white car?). Pretty much what we though, this just firms things up.

So until someone sees a third Camaro in Florida, I think its safe to assume that there will only be two Camaros at launch. Which means there will be only one V6 as opposed to the two that has been mentioned in the past.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #61
reptilneto

Drives: Vette 06 DSOM,TB SS 07
I was going to sell my 2006 DSOM corvette to buy a new camaro well if it looks like the camaro from the transformers,but this camaro doesnt look like it Il keep my vette I tought that I was going to be able to take my wife and my kid for a trip on my new camaro,but I was wrong
reptilneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 AM   #62
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
I'm starting to believe that all of these camaro sighting are all part of a calculated marketing scheme by GM. Its so obvious. Its spring break, and where is GM "testing" the new camaro? Spring break capitol of the world. Pretty genius if you are marketing a car to the younger generations. I believe they are advertising instead of testing. I like GM and I will buy a camaro, but if this is in fact what is going on, its pretty tastless on GM's part. If this is not what is going on, oh well, its not the first time I've been wrong. What do you people think?
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #63
Sweeper

Drives: 2008 Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
.......Then again I recall Fbodfather saying we should "forget what we know about engines" I have a feeling were going to get the first Gen V, or maybe some sort of 4.5 haha
twin turbo V6??? maybe?

Oh wait.....steam engine...

.......hybrid?

Last edited by Sweeper; 03-14-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post
I'm starting to believe that all of these camaro sighting are all part of a calculated marketing scheme by GM. Its so obvious. Its spring break, and where is GM "testing" the new camaro? Spring break capitol of the world. Pretty genius if you are marketing a car to the younger generations. I believe they are advertising instead of testing. I like GM and I will buy a camaro, but if this is in fact what is going on, its pretty tastless on GM's part. If this is not what is going on, oh well, its not the first time I've been wrong. What do you people think?
I think that's a mighty great 'conspirasy' theory.... A lot of people seem to think that "Spy-shots" aren't so much spys as secret 'leaks' from GM. I whole-heartedly disagree. But that's me.

Regarding the door-handles being black and whatnot. Parts are parts when it comes to a mule. Colors don't have to mach. Don't think too much about it.

As per rust on the exaust...these exaust tips aren't any more exposed than the next car. In fact, one might argue that they are conceled/protected more. Keep in mind these mules undergo extensive testing. I can't even imagine the abuse these cars take, and I'm preaching this to you! I wouldn't be surprised if certain aspects they're testing are accelerated on these cars. (lack of rust-proofing, etc).

Mules are all over the globe. Some were seen down in Australia, some were spotted in sweden, some in Michigan, Arizona, others now in Florida. Different climates, that's all.

AWESOME PICS!!
I especially like the rearview mirror one. That's an image Mustang owners should stare at for a while...so they can desensitize themselves, and don't get too afraid when it happens to them on the streets.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #65
Z28CamaroGirl84

Drives: 06 Corolla-Missing the '95 Z28
So i was thinking...how can you get a job test driving the new camaro?
Z28CamaroGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 AM   #66
smbluelimited05

Drives: 2000 grand cherokee limited
1 thing every1 has to realize, the car is being tested, I'm sure there may be more changes to the car. So far I like the changes. I think chevrolet will make sure the car will be perfect before it's release.
smbluelimited05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 AM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Great shots! Great shots! Keep'em coming!!!

Now...everyone in Florida knows....there's two runnin' round down there and ya'll need to keep those cameras handy!

Jeff, not only would I follow it until I ran out of gas waiting for them to pull over, if I was in my cruiser, I'D PULL'EM OVER!!! Believe me...I WILL find a reason to do it!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #68
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Great shots! Great shots! Keep'em coming!!!

Now...everyone in Florida knows....there's two runnin' round down there and ya'll need to keep those cameras handy!

Jeff, not only would I follow it until I ran out of gas waiting for them to pull over, if I was in my cruiser, I'D PULL'EM OVER!!! Believe me...I WILL find a reason to do it!!
YOU: Excuse me, you have a broken tail light sir.

Engineer: What, broken, couldn't be.

YOU: **Smash** Now it is. Aren't production ones anyway are they? So, can I sit in it?
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Let's see....to start off, No front license plate (required here in TX)....and two, "Sorry for bothering you, sir. But, it appears as though soemthing is falling out of your trunk. I wanted to make sure you were aware something might be amiss. Could you please exit your vehicle to take a look?...really sir, go ahead and pop the trunk please."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #70
BalzOnYer4Head
Best First Post Ever! :)

Drives: F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post

I think you might be partially right. I can vouch though for the testing. When we chatted with the occupants of the black one we spotted at my local gas station, I could see a lcd screen built into the dash on the passenger side and he had a laptop hooked directly into the car.

The test mules are beaters. We could see black tape holding some parts of the dash together, the headlight inserts didnt even look like they were fit properly, and of course in the rear pic I posted you can see some weather stripping hanging down.

No company would market their new pony car looking that bad. However by removing all the camo-cladding and driving around in the open, it does allow for some "spy shots" that get posted to the web and create some buzz about the product.
BalzOnYer4Head is offline   Reply With Quote