Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #351
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Agreed

AGP is doing a turbo kit for 2014 GM trucks too. 1000+awhp in a single cab 4wd truck should be fun.
1000whp from a gasser is boring, what's fun about my diesel is the 2000 ft lbs of torque at 2300rpm

Compounds are where it's at!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #352
scottywheels

Drives: 2010 A6 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy08 View Post
Wow. I learned a lot from this thread! My end game is to have 600-650 RWHP and to be honest, even though I have never met you, I have looked to your car as the model to get me where I wanna be. I don't desire to be the track king like it seems your car became, (By no means is that an insult, your ride is bad ass!) I just wanna be thrown back in my seat while keeping up with the old man's ZR1. I'm actually switching my speed shop from a company in Groton (No names, the guy is a friend) to a speed shop who specializes in our rides. I have to say I was very impressed when I took a tour of JRE (not with Ted, he was at a show). From what I gathered after reading most of this, is there is a lot of respect and professionalism between the two of you and sometimes things just change. I totally get that. Out of curiosity, are there many speed shops in CT that specialize in Domestic? I get a surprisingly low amount when I googled it. I'm hoping to get into serious power after Christmas so any suggestions would be appreciated!
Good luck with your monster of a ride, I'm sure it will be back up and slaying in no time!

No there are not that many

New Car 99 Camaro SS with Dart 427, F1x, Rossler 210, 9 inch and BS3... scary ride

SOLD
2010 A6 ss/rs White-VORTECH YSI/LPE fuel system/ID 850's/LG Motorsports full Exhaust/Protorque 3400 stall/Livernois Stage 3 Heads/Cam/Bogarts/ Moroso subframes/JRE Rear with 3:70 gears/Aluminium DS/line lock/drag alignment/Suspension/JW Racing 10 pt cage/13.6 psi 719.34 rwhp 558.4 TQ/ Best Pass 1.51 60ft 10.08 136.78 mph JRE Built
Old 10-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #353
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottywheels View Post
Holy crap....

Look who it is. How the hell are you Mr. Wheels
Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #354
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Got the car up to Slowhawk today. He spent some time going through the blower tune and the nitrous tune. Tearing the engine completely apart on Tuesday. By Wed afternoon we will know the extent of the damage and what we need to fix it. Trans will also get fully inspected so when he puts it all together he has a clean slate to start from. It's the only way to do it and anything else wouldn't be fair to Don.

Moving forward looks like we are going to introduce methanol back into the mix and maybe a few other surprises.

Fantastic guy and great shop. Looking forward to different ideas and methods.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #355
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Don has been tuning and working on LS motors since they came out. You're in good hands. He did my first mail order tune with LS1 Edit way back when and gave me some basic tuning tips when I started tuning myself. A good guy.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #356
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Don has been tuning and working on LS motors since they came out. You're in good hands. He did my first mail order tune with LS1 Edit way back when and gave me some basic tuning tips when I started tuning myself. A good guy.
That's great to hear. I have confidence he'll get things right.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #357
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy08 View Post
Wow. I learned a lot from this thread! My end game is to have 600-650 RWHP and to be honest, even though I have never met you, I have looked to your car as the model to get me where I wanna be. I don't desire to be the track king like it seems your car became, (By no means is that an insult, your ride is bad ass!) I just wanna be thrown back in my seat while keeping up with the old man's ZR1. I'm actually switching my speed shop from a company in Groton (No names, the guy is a friend) to a speed shop who specializes in our rides. I have to say I was very impressed when I took a tour of JRE (not with Ted, he was at a show). From what I gathered after reading most of this, is there is a lot of respect and professionalism between the two of you and sometimes things just change. I totally get that. Out of curiosity, are there many speed shops in CT that specialize in Domestic? I get a surprisingly low amount when I googled it. I'm hoping to get into serious power after Christmas so any suggestions would be appreciated!
Good luck with your monster of a ride, I'm sure it will be back up and slaying in no time!

Theres nothing in CT. A few shops within a couple hours drive but everyone in this industry that I asked told me to go to Don at Slowhawk. Everyone said that so it was very convincing.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #358
nyny69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Got the car up to Slowhawk today. He spent some time going through the blower tune and the nitrous tune. Tearing the engine completely apart on Tuesday. By Wed afternoon we will know the extent of the damage and what we need to fix it. Trans will also get fully inspected so when he puts it all together he has a clean slate to start from. It's the only way to do it and anything else wouldn't be fair to Don.

Moving forward looks like we are going to introduce methanol back into the mix and maybe a few other surprises.

Fantastic guy and great shop. Looking forward to different ideas and methods.

Wow. I can't believe you really did it. Be nice if you answer my text.

Good Luck
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #359
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Wow. I can't believe you really did it. Be nice if you answer my text.

Good Luck
I answered it. I didn't hear the alert. Loser

Nothing ventured, nothing gained....
Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #360
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottywheels View Post
Saw your old beast in Mass today. Should be in the 9 second club by Sunday.

Maybe we can offer you a partial membership.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #361
nyny69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Saw your old beast in Mass today. Should be in the 9 second club by Sunday.

Maybe we can offer you a partial membership.
His White Camaro he sold? What's that getting done
Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #362
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
His White Camaro he sold? What's that getting done
Added meth and it was on the dyno so maybe retuned. Didn't ask much about it. Was concerned about my ride.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #363
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Should be interesting to hear what he has to say and what exactly happened. I'm sure there's got to be more to the story. Do you think you'll use to right plugs this time. Sorry, had to do it. I'm a free man again. YAYYY. I was so happy, I went out and bought a new car.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #364
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
I went out and bought a new car.

Closed Thread