Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Zatari

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow Camaro
Concern over ordering a 2010 Camaro

I'm in the market for ordering a 2010 Camaro and I'm concerned that I have waited too long to actually order one. I hear throughout the forum as I have done quite a bit of reading of something called allocations. I'm not too sure if the dealer that is near me has any allocations left... it probably doesn't.

My main concern is how long I would be waiting to get my Camaro if I waited to order for a few months. I'm pretty keen on getting the 2SS/RS so I'm set on ordering it to get the specs I want. My one other question is whether ordering a Camaro would cost anything since we are a little more pressed for money at the moment.

I'm new to the forums, fairly obvious, this is my first post... so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Zatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
You may not have waiting to long...it really depends on the dealer and their total allocations and where you sit as far as who is ahead of you.

The thread that has dealers charging MSRP is your best resource for finding a dealer near you that may have allocations (plus they seem to have at least the basic info on the car and shouldn't tell you things that aren't true).

As far as putting money down, that is dealer by dealer.

Finally...allocations are how the cars will be distributed. All dealers will get 2 V6 Camaros to start (late Apr/early May). Then they will receive a monthly allocation for Camaros...they do not know if they will get V6, or only V8 or a mix of both...GM controls it (all due to federal and state laws and GM follows that).

Delivery for cars is expected to be by Oct 09 for all preordered cars (with some exceptions...dealers over ordering, all SS models ordered by a dealer, etc).

Check out the dealer thread and make some calls...see where you stand.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Zatari

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow Camaro
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have to check out the MSRP thread and do as you said and make some calls around to see how long I would be waiting. Again, thanks.
Zatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years. Buy a corvette today! By the time you are sick of the Corvette you should be able to buy a Camaro. I know I am going to catch some heat for this post but this is what I did and I am happy as hell with my Corvette. I will have a new Camaro down the road. Sick of waiting. Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years.
No heat...just this:

Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years. Buy a corvette today! By the time you are sick of the Corvette you should be able to buy a Camaro. I know I am going to catch some heat for this post but this is what I did and I am happy as hell with my Corvette. I will have a new Camaro down the road. Sick of waiting. Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No heat...just this:

And a little bit of this: plus a bit of this: oh and just a touch of this:

Hee hee. Just kidding.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years.
Yeah, if they don't just up and cancel the whole dang car!

sorry....I couldn't resist
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Who needs a Camaro..I got a slightly used car for only $3000!

StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote