Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #29
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Mine was 12/15 and has the revised oil pan.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #30
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Yes it is fixed.
Thanks. Also good luck to you guys on QC hold. Hope you get the car soon.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #31
Pencer88

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Shouldn't they give you a new car. Doesn't replacing the engine lower the value?
that would be my thoughts as well but im planning on keeping this car for a long time.........if the dealership fixes it before the texas lemon law takes effect, which they have about 6-7 days left......after that im gonna force GM to buy the car back and ill wait a year till they get the issues worked out. Dont get me wrong i love the car but when im already making my first payment and i've only had the vehicle for the first week after buying it, it gets me a little miffed.......not to say that is GM's fault, which im actually somewhat displeased with the service dept at my dealership
Pencer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #32
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencer88 View Post
that would be my thoughts as well but im planning on keeping this car for a long time.........if the dealership fixes it before the texas lemon law takes effect, which they have about 6-7 days left......after that im gonna force GM to buy the car back and ill wait a year till they get the issues worked out. Dont get me wrong i love the car but when im already making my first payment and i've only had the vehicle for the first week after buying it, it gets me a little miffed.......not to say that is GM's fault, which im actually somewhat displeased with the service dept at my dealership
The dealerships are the weak link right now in the world of GM. They absolutely do not give a $hit about providing a basic level of quality service. They want the quick buck and show no respect for the customer or the customer's property. The dealerships should be the one place you can take your car and not stress but unfortunately most of the "certified technicians" are hacks and have no diagnostic skills whatsoever. My dealership's technicians couldn't even take the time to read the actual GM procedure I printed out and highlighted for them. I ended up taking my car back and doing the job myself. I now refuse to let them touch anything I can do myself.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63falcondude View Post
So this should be a recall correct?
It depends entirely on the scale of the problem (how many cars, and of those: the probability of an issue being present.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencer88 View Post
that would be my thoughts as well but im planning on keeping this car for a long time.........if the dealership fixes it before the texas lemon law takes effect, which they have about 6-7 days left...
Don't lemon laws require a repeated defect on the same vehicle?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #34
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
In Minnesota a car only needs to be out of service for 30 days. Also, in quite a few states including MN, if a car is waiting on parts to be fixed, that also counts as days out of service. Been through this whole process with my first 2012 Vert that GM bought back.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #35
Pencer88

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
In Minnesota a car only needs to be out of service for 30 days. Also, in quite a few states including MN, if a car is waiting on parts to be fixed, that also counts as days out of service. Been through this whole process with my first 2012 Vert that GM bought back.

Same exact thing is Texas, I really liked the car minus the exhaust NPP rattle and the whole seized engine thing, but with it having a new engine at 1000 miles and if i ever did have to sell it having to explain why the engine has diff. miles then the car just seems like a hassle not to mention a bargaining point for a buyer... maybe my weird way of thinking but ya
Pencer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM   #36
11-ssrs

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6sp; Imp Blue Met
My Dealer ran mine for 16 min! Then I was forced to pay $3500!! 29k mi on the car!!

I noticed when driving that at stoplights my gauge was reading low (approx 10psi) which is adaquate to prevent engine failure, so I watched it like a hawk and it would build as rpms increased, but I nursed it home shut it down and checked the oil, which had approx 250 mi on it... Same as you it was at the full level on the stick and looked very clean... When I started it I kept my hand on the key and immediately after the gauge sweep it went back to 0, so I immediately shut it down and had it towed... Dealer calls and says it’s the sending unit and wanted $675 to put it in! So I tell them to f¥€k @ff and I’ll come get it. They call back 2 min later and say the gauge was broken and they can’t verify their earlier diagnosis... so then I get pissed and asked how does a broken gauge show false pressure! Push the damn thing out I’m going to have it towed. I was explicit that the keys are not to come within 100’ of the car until I get there. Got the the car home and my scanner said the previous ignition cycle was 16 min long! Motor was torched... brought it to another dealer and GM would not budge on making me Pay $3500 with 29k mi on the car... I was pissed and I asked them if they were prepared to lose a customer... no reply... bullshit! My brother bought a brand new 2017 Silverado LOADED w/ 5.3... 6500mi same shit, but they just replaced his pump... (3 weeks later) mine took a month...

Last edited by 11-ssrs; 03-29-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Errors grammar
11-ssrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #37
suzook

Drives: camaro
GM dealers really are the worst. I won't buy another.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #38
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
My ‘18 ZL1 is at the dealer getting a new pump now. Low oil pressure light came on. Seems GM has not sourced new oil pumps. Same problems for so many years.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #39
GodzillaKenny

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I just got the "low oil pressure" warning. Same issue the oil pump failed. Is this common or known issue in the LT4 ZL1 engines?
GodzillaKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #40
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaKenny View Post
I just got the "low oil pressure" warning. Same issue the oil pump failed. Is this common or known issue in the LT4 ZL1 engines?
Oh, man, sorry to hear. If anything like my experience, or will need to have your car sent to the dealer by flatbed. It will take up to 3 weeks for the repair. If you have any obvious modifications you might be looking at a non-warranty situation...very expensive.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #41
GodzillaKenny

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I pulled over straight away and had it flat bedded to the dealer. It is being done under warranty. But I'm worried that if it fails again after the 3 year warranty (or is it 5 years) is over this will likely cost thousands. btw why does replacing an oil pump so expensive and time consuming? Any pics would be great on the ZL1 oil pump replacement procedure.
GodzillaKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 PM   #42
spcturnquest

Drives: 5% tint all around
anyone run into "dtc: P06DD" im trying to figure this out
spcturnquest is offline   Reply With Quote