Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #183
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Mustang February sales were almost 2,500 cars more than January 2016 numbers.
Doesn't mean it was because of fleet sales. And if the March sales numbers look similar, will it be fleet sales again that drove the numbers? My point is, while the numbers may be different, the Camaro and the Mustang both sell into rental fleets, so there's more to it than that.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:19 PM   #184
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
As far as I know the Camaro hasn't been released into fleet sales yet, or if it has, it is in the dozens, not hundreds
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:31 PM   #185
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ford likes to sell Mustangs to fleet. Chevrolet does not like to do the same.

This was a consideration of sales last generation, and I'm sure it is, again...
Old 03-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #186
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ford likes to sell Mustangs to fleet. Chevrolet does not like to do the same.

This was a consideration of sales last generation, and I'm sure it is, again...
Maybe in fewer numbers but I travel a lot for work and pleasure, and there are a lot of Camaro rentals available wherever I go. In fact, on my last trip to Hawaii, my wife and I had a 2015 Camaro convertible to drive.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #187
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
Maybe in fewer numbers but I travel a lot for work and pleasure, and there are a lot of Camaro rentals available wherever I go. In fact, on my last trip to Hawaii, my wife and I had a 2015 Camaro convertible to drive.
No doubt. I took a rental convertible LT Camaro to get to the Find New Roads Tour.

But the notion of Mustang fleet sales boosting their overall sales figures when comparing to the Camaro was a quiet...let's call it a "subtext".

For anyone reading who doesn't think it matters, I guess it doesn't really. But for the manufacturers; fleet sales are heavily discounted compared to retail purchases. This is why the companies love to tell us how much retail sales are up and fleet sales are down each month.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:03 PM   #188
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
GM will often talk about retail sales. Those are higher profit per unit. Selling to fleets and rental car companies keeps your plant running but generally those guys are getting bulk rate pricing.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #189
iroc_but5.0sdont
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 camaro, iroc, 5.7, 350
Okay two things I learned this weekend.

First I was in Memphis this weekend and saw a 2014 GT500 parked next to a 2016 GT350. With a doubt the new GT350 looks great but the one thing that stood out was the fact that the GT350 made the GT500 look old and dated.

Second my wife says just leave us at the mall for a couple of hours and go over there to the car meet you saw because I that is what you want to do. I go back but the GT350 has left. But there are now 4 or 5 2015-16 Mustangs and a bunch of imports hanging out with the new Mustangs and it dawned on me. The new Mustang appeals to the young import crowd and the new generation has embraced it. A lot of us may not like the new Mustangs styling but it blends in just fine with the imports and yet still has enough of it's old styling cues that it can still be identified as a Mustang and American Muscle.

Ford got it right with this car.

Memo to the Designers at GM, retro is dead.

Last edited by iroc_but5.0sdont; 03-07-2016 at 09:19 AM.
iroc_but5.0sdont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #190
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Mustang is on place 2 in selling Sportscars in germany Februar 2016 !
1: AUDI TT with 587 cars.
2: Mustang with 543 cars.
3: Porsche 911 with 518 cars.
I know these are small numbers compared to North America market ;-)
BUT the AUDI TT and Porsches were over 70% company cars (AUDI 79%!)
Ford´s Mustang in contrary only to 30% which is a clear sign for a affordable car for avergae Fritz ;-)

Good Job Ford and chevy made a mistake to leave the Euro market .....Fuel prices are the lowest since 20 years.

Chevy has no official price yet for the Camaro 2016 in germany, which sucks a bit....on chevy.de they still offers the old model, which for my taste is bad tradesmanship.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...-10694894.html

"Ford Mustang bedrängt Audi TT

Weiter an der Spitze dieser Klasse steht der Audi TT, der allerdings gegenüber dem Vormonat deutlich an Zulassungen verloren hat. Mit 587 Neuzulassungen kann sich der Ingolstädter nur knapp vor dem stark aufkommenden Ford Mustang (543 Neuzulassungen) behaupten. Den Porsche 911 (518 Neuzulassungen) hat der US-Boy schon klar hinter sich gelassen.
Beachtenswert: Fast zwei Drittel der neu zugelassenen Mustangs werden von Privatpersonen gefahren, der gewerbliche Anteil liegt mit 30,4 Prozent recht niedrig für das Sportwagen-Segment. Zur Einordnung: Der Audi TT kommt zum Beispiel auf einen Anteil gewerblicher Halter von 78,9 Prozent, der Porsche 911 auf 70,7 Prozent."

Last edited by Noob; 03-28-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote