#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #43
WhiteBoy18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I currently own an '11 SS Convertible (see my sig), paid off, 13,000 miles.

Two weeks ago, I went and test drove a '17 ZL1, red, 6 speed, exposed CF hood, 3,000 miles...and here's the kicker, it's a GM buy-back. The fuel pump was faulty, the owner bitched, GM bought it back and replaced the pump and gas tank. Everything is now in working order and covered under GM warranty.

I really liked the car; however, I'm 36 and have no payments besides my mortgage. I love having everything paid off!

I know I'm going to get 1,000,000 different answers, but what are your thoughts? I have them talked down to $32,000 OTD (ZL1's price minus my trade-in value). I can pick it up Friday if I decide to do it.

Much appreciated.
Do it.......now!!!
WhiteBoy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #44
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBoy18 View Post
Do it.......now!!!
Is everyone missing that they still want almost $57,000 for this car?
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #45
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
These guys who are saying to walk away I think are correct unless they want to sell you the car for about 30-40% under wholesale.
At some point one of two things are going to happen.
You will decide to get rid of the car and no one will touch it for the current going rate due to its history or you will find out why the car was really a buy back and you will be paying out lots of money to correct the problems.
Either way is a bummer. Easier to walk away and wait for a better deal. There is always another car. Don't act on your immediate impulse, be patient and find a perfect car.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #46
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
These guys who are saying to walk away I think are correct unless they want to sell you the car for about 30-40% under wholesale.
At some point one of two things are going to happen.
You will decide to get rid of the car and no one will touch it for the current going rate due to its history or you will find out why the car was really a buy back and you will be paying out lots of money to correct the problems.
Either way is a bummer. Easier to walk away and wait for a better deal. There is always another car. Don't act on your immediate impulse, be patient and find a perfect car.
Yep, I'm walking away. I'm not an impulse buyer and; therefore, I've since done extensive research on the topic. Unless some clueless individual walks in there, I believe they'll be sitting on this thing for a while.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.".

No big deal. When I went to look at it, I wasn't even in the market for a car. It was a nice day and I decided to take a drive (~1.25 hours) and check it out. Thanks guys!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #47
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
I tried dealing on a buyback '16 SS before I bought my '17. Trusted dealer, but they would only come down 1 or $2K from an non-buyback car. Forget it.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote