Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #449
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If I was a V-6 owner of a 2010 I would be pissed. They just bluffed and got everyone to bite, and now they reveal the real #'s. I hate that when a company does that. It's not going to change anything against the mustang though other then than someone that just looks at the Hp and not the total performance. Maybe that's what gm is banking on. Glad I have an SS and no major changes happened to piss me off.
That's totally the opposite of how I would feel today I had a 2010 V6. I would happy as all heck finding out that my car actually has 312 hp.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #450
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
If I was a V-6 owner of a 2010 I would be pissed. They just bluffed and got everyone to bite, and now they reveal the real #'s. I hate that when a company does that. It's not going to change anything against the mustang though other then than someone that just looks at the Hp and not the total performance. Maybe that's what gm is banking on. Glad I have an SS and no major changes happened to piss me off.
Wah!?!?

It produced the most power when it was released...and it STILL makes the most power...there was no bluffing, and no reason to be angry...what are you talking about?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #451
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Why would you be pissed? I am happy i got more than what I thought I was getting
BTW Skyman - looks like your engine cover has to go get a bit of paint work re-done.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #452
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Really? Finding out your car has even more power than you thought is a bad thing? I could understand if it was the other way, buying what you thought was 304 and it turns out to be 296, but not 304 to 312
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #453
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Why would you be pissed? I am happy i got more than what I thought I was getting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's totally the opposite of how I would feel today I had a 2010 V6. I would happy as all heck finding out that my car actually has 312 hp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wah!?!?

It produced the most power when it was released...and it STILL makes the most power...there was no bluffing, and no reason to be angry...what are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Really? Finding out your car has even more power than you thought is a bad thing? I could understand if it was the other way, buying what you thought was 304 and it turns out to be 296, but not 304 to 312
When was the last time all of us agreed on anything? lol
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #454
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
When was the last time all of us agreed on anything? lol
Definitely some rare stuff!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #455
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
I wonder if the Synergy Green interior will be available as an interior option for the limited run same as the inferno orange, that would be amazing haha, id be all up for a solid black 2011 SS with green interior accents

Also i get the feeling that this is only half of the story. First off remember back when the first official word on the 2010 Camaro came out, what was the first stuff we heard? It was all about the V6, it took a while for GM to spill the beans on what the SS had cooked up. Also take a look at the new 2011 Mustang, they did the same thing, they released a bunch of info on the new things they were doing with the V6 and it took a few months before they said anything about the new 5.0. So lets not get ahead of ourselves here, i seriously doubt this is the final word on the 2011 Camaro as a whole, im sure here in a few months there will be another press release on all the updates they're adding to the SS.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #456
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
thank you for making synergy green available on the SS.

too much whining in here, my goodness, just be thankful we have a camaro.
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #457
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
I want HUD.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #458
STRAUSSY19

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
I'm not pissed at all. I got more than I paid for. If they added a few horses to the 2011 or there were significant changes I might be upset that I didn't wait the extra year to buy a 2011 Camaro.
STRAUSSY19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #459
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Well,

That's dumb.

They couldn't offer more gear ratios?

They couldn't offer some sort of option that uses different springs and anti-roll bars or something like that? Pretty much anything that upgrades the suspension?

Seriously?

I'm sorry. I'm a huge Camaro fan, but that's just weak. You cant edge out the Mustang with a new color. Or a new Rating. A number won't increase your performance at all. If I said my brother's civic had 500 horsepower, it still wouldn't perform like it did.

Simple options that can increase performance and level out the playing field were ignored. REAL performance enthusiasts won't pick a car based on coolness (Luckily most buyers will; it's a life saver for the Camaro). They will pick the better performer (Mustang with Track Pack).

Not saying that the Mustang is a better car. Just saying that specific Mustang will outperform the Camaro.

Come on GM. We are getting beat. By something as achievable as 3 tenths on a sprint to 60, or a time on a quarter mile. Don't fall behind because of something that silly. You made a great car, now keep updating it to keep up with this fierce competition coming from Ford. The ball is in your court and this is how you respond...

/Rant
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #460
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbolt View Post
Yeah but no matter what changes are made to the mustang it's still a mustang with a ridiculous small cabin. My wife has the 2010 mustang and with the seat all the way back it's still to small. .
2010 Camaro
Front Head Room: 37.4 in. Front Shoulder Room: 56.9 in.
Rear Head Room: 35.3 in. Rear Shoulder Room: 42.5 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.4 in. Rear Leg Room: 29.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 11.3 cu. ft.

2010 Mustang
Front Head Room: 38.5 in. Front Hip Room: 53.4 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 55.3 in. Rear Head Room: 34.7 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 51.6 in. Rear Hip Room: 46.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.4 in. Rear Leg Room: 29.8 in.
Luggage Capacity: 13.4 cu. ft. Maximum Seating: 4

I guess the Camaro's cabin is "ridiculous small " also.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #461
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
too much whining in here, my goodness, just be thankful we have a camaro.
You're right, I at least was acting like one of those girls on the MTV Sweet 16 reality show where they cried because the brand new car they got wasn't the right color...

I just need to start deciding how to properly spend what I do have to get the best Camaro I can get for the money!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #462
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I wonder if the Synergy Green interior will be available as an interior option for the limited run same as the inferno orange, that would be amazing haha, id be all up for a solid black 2011 SS with green interior accents
The Synergy Green interior accents are exclusive to the 1LT. I would suggest you order a black interior in your SG SS and then buy the SG panels at your dealer.

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls