Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Mindz...that sounds like a good deal...I also worked a deal like that, I baught her the ring and I got a 2006 H2...sweet deal if you ask me...now Im working a new angle, if I remodel the kitchen I should get the 2010 Camaro SS! Im Praying she takes the bait.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #16
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
HAhaha
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I'm in awful trouble. My fiancee wants a house, immediately. Won't stop talking about it. We haven't even graduated from college, but somehow she has it in her head that as soon as we graduate, we can buy a house. I make decent money at my job, but its not THAT great. So you all should be thankful your spending disagreements with your significant others extends just as far as cars.
If I may...I wanted to get into a house as fast as possible. Build that equity as much as possible so I would stop "throwing away" money to an apartment complex. I hated knowing I was paying to live somewhere and wasn't getting anything in return.

All I've got to say is start small and don't exceed what you can afford. NOT what you think you COULD afford, but what you can. Some very close folks to me went down that wrong path...beautiful house in a great neighborhood, great car...and then filed bankrupcy....lost the house. OUCH.

We got in a new house, new neighborhood, newly developed area which had an elementary school built close to the entrance, and now, they just finalized plans for our major golf place right up the road. This place is going to BOOM. Can we say house value going up!!!

Get that school over and done w/ first. Get that cash saved up to cover that 20% of the downpayment (or whatever it is) to avoid having to pay another $100 a month in mortgage insurance....what a waste of money. And, that's money you never get back. We were lucky enough to get that covered. Best of luck to you on that end.

And w/ that...I'm sorry about the Back to the...what was this??? Ahh Camaro lineup!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #18
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...That's the beauty of it right there. All that for roughly 500 - 1000 dollars higher than a Mustang GT......
...That ~400hp Camaro is going to do war with and completely spank the tires off even the new Mustang GT () (imho).
For all the Camaro lovers' sake, I hope you're right. But the realist in me says there is no way in hell you're gonna get a 400hp independent rear suspensioned Camaro for basically the same price as a Mustang GT. Only time will tell, but I don't see it happening.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #19
.Hack

Drives: Ford Mustang GT 2006 MT
I don't see that happening neither, but if that happens to be the case, well I guess I'll be driving a beautiful V8 camaro here in my country, where my mustang already takes all of the looks... specially when you park it side-to-side with a german or japanese car with small small engines.. =P haha
.Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
For all the Camaro lovers' sake, I hope you're right. But the realist in me says there is no way in hell you're gonna get a 400hp independent rear suspensioned Camaro for basically the same price as a Mustang GT. Only time will tell, but I don't see it happening.

Look at it this way. With a simple tune and use of Premium, the L76 can breach 400hp easily. I'm not saying that's what they'll do - but using it as an example for how simple it is to modify the L76. Same goes for the LS3. Both VERY versatile engines for minimal $$.

Then, look at the G8. Bigger car. MANY more "toys" standard, Big V8, GM's A6 (~$1000) tranny, IRS...and it still comes in under 30k. AND it's a pontiac, which is inherently more expensive than any chevy equal it might have.

So why can't we expect a 400hp beast at a near-Mustang price? Just playing to the realist in you.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I think it's possible since the words have come straight from Father (if I'm not mistaken.) Some development has already taken place with the G8 so it's not like GM has to completely engineer Camaro specific pieces from scratch. I think 400 horse for around $30K is a definate possibility and doable for GM. I just wonder if the top-of-the-line will be above $40K and how much so...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Bullit, .Hack, we have been told to 'keep the faith' and that the Camaro will have class leading performance. There is absolutely no way that the Camaro can be priced much more than the Mustang. It would kill it. Plus, the fact that it will be around 10% heavier means that it will need 10% more power just to keep up with the stang. But the mustang is ready for a power boost, lets say to 325 hp. That means that the Camaro would need 360 hp. Hmm, L76 anyone? We see what kind of numbers the 4100 lb G8 can do with it, imagine losing 300 lbs and keeping the same motor. And that 360 is the bare minimum. It could go up to 400 for the base V8, but the over riding factor is that it needs to be priced like the mustang
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #23
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Bullit, .Hack, we have been told to 'keep the faith' and that the Camaro will have class leading performance. There is absolutely no way that the Camaro can be priced much more than the Mustang. It would kill it. Plus, the fact that it will be around 10% heavier means that it will need 10% more power just to keep up with the stang. But the mustang is ready for a power boost, lets say to 325 hp. That means that the Camaro would need 360 hp. Hmm, L76 anyone? We see what kind of numbers the 4100 lb G8 can do with it, imagine losing 300 lbs and keeping the same motor. And that 360 is the bare minimum. It could go up to 400 for the base V8, but the over riding factor is that it needs to be priced like the mustang
so you saying it will or wont have the ls3???
Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

For the base V8? I doubt that we will see the LS3, or even a detuned one. Its likely to be the L76, or an uptuned version of it. LS3 would be too much awesomeness and I think that if GM did it, it would be priced out of reach. 361 hp will be enough to beat the competition, anything on top of that is the icing on the cake.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #25
Emu the Foo

i know ive asked this before but think i could pick the ls3 up for 35k
Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

sounds about right, perhaps a tad low but maybe not. if it happens to be the base then 35k is quite high. I expect an LS3, or equiv, for ~36k.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
sounds about right, perhaps a tad low but maybe not. if it happens to be the base then 35k is quite high. I expect an LS3, or equiv, for ~36k.
+1

Although I'd hate to pay that much, I'm willing to bet that's in the ball park.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #28
Emu the Foo

k well i got 40k that im willing to spend. i got a 20k down so i think i will be satisfied