Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #29
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I think Chevy did right by listening to the Aussie engineers and keeping the headroom. Again I would not even be looking at this car if it was not an upgrade to my headroom.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #30
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Ask Teri Heino -- one of our Disciples -- she's MAYBE 5 feet talll in heals - and in the videos, she talks about how well she can fit into the new Camaro!
Thanks for the info Scott. I watched her video but didn't know how tall she was. Looks like it shouldn't be a problem for me. Any plans to offer a power passenger seat also?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #31
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
+1 on all the sadness in losing the torque meter. If they're going to have some gauge there that makes more sense than a completely unimportant transmission temp gauge...
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm almost glad that gauge is gone, only because I'd stare at it while I drive. I have a multifuntion gauge in the wifey's Jetta and I'm always staring at it to see what my real-time MPG are. WOW. Did I just say that out loud?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #33
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
+1 on all the sadness in losing the torque meter. If they're going to have some gauge there that makes more sense than a completely unimportant transmission temp gauge...
That gauge is more important for the auto guys but what do the manuals get? Maybe I missed the answer to this.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #34
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
I was kinda bummed about torque gauge too. Still like the gauges as a whole because the 69 Z had them, and that is one cool thing i remember from my dads. We will just see.

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #35
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
how is a trans temp gauge unimportant? 90% of transmission wear and tear happens because of excess heat.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Not sure about the V6, but a torque gauge on the LS3 (or L99) wouldn't move very much. As for the other stuff, its nice to hear how impressed they are with the V6. It sounds like it will be a very satisfying for the majority of the buying public, which I think might be a first for a base Camaro. And if the V6 is that good, the V8's will be amazing.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #37
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
If we can't have a torque gauge how about an exhaust gas temp gauge?

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #38
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^ +1
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #39
Camaro82

Drives: 370z
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4279655.html

The Drive
Get past the design of the Camaro, and the first thing you'll notice is the exhaust note. We've driven the Cadillac CTS with this same engine, and it has never sounded, well, sporty. McCormack says the sound of the exhaust was a major priority. The engineers have gone through so many muffler iterations, he can't count them all. The sound they've come up with (and we hope the one they stay with) is most reminiscent of a Nissan or Infiniti V6. McCormack says it reminds him of the Nissan 350Z. And that's about right. It sounds like a performance engine the moment you tip your toe into the gas pedal. That's certainly not true of the V6 Mustang.
I don't know why they are trying to imitate the sound of Japanese V6 engine.

I know that VQ engine sounds amazing (High pitch with cool mechanical sound), but I think camaro should have throaty, deep sound. Thats been the history of Camaro.

Is it because engineers can't produce deep throaty sound with V6 engine?

If they are trying to make it sounds like VQ engine, I rather get the real deal, the G37!!

Camaro is a cheeseburger, not import sports car...

If its American car, dont try to copy Import, stay Cheeseburger....
Camaro82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think the 350Z exhaust is quite throaty...it suprised me actually, when I first heard one fire up.

And if you listen to the Camaro in "Elie V6" (a video on the GM Canada site), it sounds awful throaty for a V6. It's missing *this* much, or else it'd be confused with a V8, imho.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #41
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Did someone say cheeseburger?...

That was a good point, regarding what manual guys would get instead of the tranny temps'. Maybe they could put the torque gauge in the manuals and keep the tranny temps' for the autos'. Either way, I love the 4-pack and would b heartbroken if it were to go, so as long as they put somethere there, I'll be pretty happy

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #42
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Did someone say cheeseburger?...

That was a good point, regarding what manual guys would get instead of the tranny temps'. Maybe they could put the torque gauge in the manuals and keep the tranny temps' for the autos'. Either way, I love the 4-pack and would b heartbroken if it were to go, so as long as they put somethere there, I'll be pretty happy
I guess they could go ahead and install a boost gauge for me
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote