Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Fastlane Tune - Are these numbers good?

I recently had my tune done at Fastlane right after they installed my headers. Here's my setup.

L99
Kooks 1 7/8" Headers w/ High Flow Cats
ADM Performance Street Intake
Borla Stinger Cat-Back Exhaust

My dyno after the tune showed 353.41 max hp, and 365.71 max torque.

Here's the rest of the information.
Run Type: RO
Run Conditions: 52.90 F
30.07 in-Hg
Humidity 43%
STD: 0.98

Do these numbers seem low?

It was a Dynojet, and they used STD instead of SAE (which I read will inflate the numbers). I also read another thread where someone posted their Fastlane numbers, and many said theirs seemed low as well.

I'm not trying to complain...I'm really just curious. The car feels great and the guys at Fastlane have a great reputation. Anyone have any insight?

Attached Images

Last edited by Dangeruss; 03-01-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wonder why they didn't correct the numbers (SAE). Yes, based on temps in the low 50s with low humidity, your dyno numbers would go down when corrected.

But your numbers will still be fine. Every dyno is different. Some dynos are a lot more conservative. Extreme Horse power only sees 340 - 350 rwhp from stock LS3s on their dyno. While other dynos see 370 rwhp or so.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Snake Slayer

Drives: Awaiting 2014 C7
How many miles on your car? I am on my 4th LSx motor and they all seem to pickup power with mileage.
Snake Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Slayer View Post
How many miles on your car? I am on my 4th LSx motor and they all seem to pickup power with mileage.
Around 6K.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
My dyno after the tune showed 353.41 max hp, and 365.71 max torque.

Do these numbers seem low?

It was a Dynojet, and they used STD instead of SAE (which I read will inflate the numbers). I also read another thread where someone posted their Fastlane numbers, and many said theirs seemed low as well.
That was my car. On thier dyno it put down 407rwhp. I went back to the shop that did my baseline and it made 430rwhp, which is around where it should be . Take it from me, dont worry about the numbers. if you are, get it dynoed at another shop(no tuning, just dyno). i do think Fastlanes's numbers are a little low, but their tuning is AAAA++++ for sure.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
That was my car. On thier dyno it put down 407rwhp. I went back to the shop that did my baseline and it made 430rwhp. Take it from me, dont worry about the numbers. if you are, get a second dyno at another shop. i do think Fastlanes's numbers are a little low, but their tuning is AAAA++++ for sure.
That's kind of what I was wondering after reading about your car. I'm hoping maybe their dyno is just conservative.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
That's kind of what I was wondering after reading about your car. I'm hoping maybe their dyno is just conservative.
im sure you know it all ready, that your is alot stronger now than it was before. for $80, get a second opinion dyno
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Did they baseline your car and show the gains made, or just give you the final results?

We typically make a baseline run just to ensure everything is in order, then we have something to compare it to as well.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
brtaus

Drives: None
With all that and only 353? Some guys in the L99 dyno thread are getting 325-330 stock. So by adding all that you did, you only added 28-33 rwhp? Either I expect too much from those mods (as most people claim they get huge gains from those mods) or the dyno does seem conservative. Am I off base here?
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
Did they baseline your car and show the gains made, or just give you the final results?

We typically make a baseline run just to ensure everything is in order, then we have something to compare it to as well.
They already had another car on the dyno, so it would've been a much longer wait. They were also installing my Kooks headers so once the dyno was done they'd have to let the car cool to start on the headers. I just decided to go ahead and have them start on the Kooks instead. I already had the intake and exhaust, so I never got a "stock" dyno.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Quote:
They already had another car on the dyno, so it would've been a much longer wait. They were also installing my Kooks headers so once the dyno was done they'd have to let the car cool to start on the headers. I just decided to go ahead and have them start on the Kooks instead. I already had the intake and exhaust, so I never got a "stock" dyno.
I wouldn't be too concerned with the low numbers then, I'm sure its fine. But like someone else said you can always go to another dyno, or go to the track.

Our dyno always reads lower then any local dynojet, that's why I like to show our customers the gains made so there not disappointed in lower numbers.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtaus View Post
With all that and only 353? Some guys in the L99 dyno thread are getting 325-330 stock. So by adding all that you did, you only added 28-33 rwhp? Either I expect too much from those mods (as most people claim they get huge gains from those mods) or the dyno does seem conservative. Am I off base here?
That's what I was thinking. That's why I posted here to see if someone had an idea of what was going on.

The car feels great, so I'm not complaining, but the numbers just seem conservative. Someone else on this forum said that their Fastlane dyno was also low, and got a much higher number elsewhere. I may run out to EnglandGreen and get another dyno just to see how it looks.

I guess I really should've gotten an original dyno to see what I was starting with. Oh well...live and learn.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
I guess I really should've gotten an original dyno to see what I was starting with. Oh well...live and learn.
Same here; I added a CAI, axle back exhaust (which I regret now and show have gotten at least a cat back system) and a tune. Then realized, I should have dyno'ed it first, then added everything.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. That's why I posted here to see if someone had an idea of what was going on.

The car feels great, so I'm not complaining, but the numbers just seem conservative. Someone else on this forum said that their Fastlane dyno was also low, and got a much higher number elsewhere. I may run out to EnglandGreen and get another dyno just to see how it looks.

We just got almost the same exact numbers on monday from a customer with -Kooks 1 7/8,Magnaflow 16483,K/N Intake system(He brought his own parts we just installed and tuned it)

From what I recall his best was 356 rwtq and 362 rwtq sae corrected

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote