Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
bobintuc

Drives: 2011 xm special edition
Thumbs down Another bad dealer

Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler Az just screwed me out of my 1SS when it arrived tuesday afternoon I went to check it out before they added the stripes. A salesman told me that nite that they had 3 offers on my car before it came off the truck. I gave them all my credit info so when it was ready all I had to do was sign. I was contacted the following day and told I had to come up with another 10 thousand dollars on top of the 6 thousand I used for a deposit. This had nothing to do with my credit I have a 680 credit score and my 50 k a year, its all because I was trading in an Impala that Thorobred sold me 2 years ago and said they would gladly accept as a trade when the Camaros came out. It all boils down to they didnt want to deal wiht me and my trade in when they could sell MY car for much more than the sticker price I was paying
bobintuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Man I am so sorry, every dog has it's day, and this dealer will too.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobintuc View Post
Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler Az just screwed me out of my 1SS when it arrived tuesday afternoon I went to check it out before they added the stripes. A salesman told me that nite that they had 3 offers on my car before it came off the truck. I gave them all my credit info so when it was ready all I had to do was sign. I was contacted the following day and told I had to come up with another 10 thousand dollars on top of the 6 thousand I used for a deposit. This had nothing to do with my credit I have a 680 credit score and my 50 k a year, its all because I was trading in an Impala that Thorobred sold me 2 years ago and said they would gladly accept as a trade when the Camaros came out. It all boils down to they didnt want to deal wiht me and my trade in when they could sell MY car for much more than the sticker price I was paying
This should literally be illegal for them to do.. And they should be prosecuted in my eyes.. Stupid stupid stupid.. This crap gets me mad..
Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
wow what a coincidence...i also had trouble with thorobred regarding my trade-in. here's a link to the thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25986

at least my ordeal happened before my car arrived...i'd probably be in jail if they pulled that crap upon arrival

i ended up re-ordering my car through Henry Brown off the 202 from a guy named Ruston Reynolds....honestly it was complete night and day between the 2 dealerships. worth giving him a call if you don't mind waiting again(ya i know) VERY nice and professional guy

(480)835-0900 is the dealerships number and that is Henry Brown. if you do decide to re-order tell ruston about your thorobred experience

Last edited by benjj; 06-29-2009 at 11:45 AM.
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You had 6K down on it and they sold it? WOW thats dirty!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I hope GM and the Government is reading these threads where good people wait forever for their Camaro only to get screwed when it shows up. Where is the company/Government credibility?

Let me get this straight. We, the tax payers, bail them out so they can continue to do business, only to get screwed when we try to buy a new car?

Something is seriously wrong here. This is happening way too many times. And once is too many times.

There needs to be a subcommittee established to look into these incidents at dealerships and new regulations/policies need to be made for the benefit and protection of the consumer.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies4 View Post
I hope GM and the Government is reading these threads where good people wait forever for their Camaro only to get screwed when it shows up. Where is the company/Government credibility?

Let me get this straight. We, the tax payers, bail them out so they can continue to do business, only to get screwed when we try to buy a new car?

Something is seriously wrong here. This is happening way too many times. And once is too many times.

There needs to be a subcommittee established to look into these incidents at dealerships and new regulations/policies need to be made for the benefit and protection of the consumer.

I have been saying this since day 1. What has changed now that the Government has taken over and the UAW is second only to the Government in control? Has anything been done to stop this kind of anti-consumer behavior? Does new GM even care since the Government hardly ever worries about making a profit since they can print more money at will?? Obviously they can re-write the dealer/government relationship after bankruptcy so why haven't they done so? This is happening far too much and something needs to be done about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies4 View Post

The Government doesn't even have time to read all the crap they pass in congress.. It is wishful thinking that they will read this particular thread in this forum, and then make changes..
Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
It isn't GM. It is the Independent Business Owner who owns the Dealership. Those are the people that should be gone after.

They promulgate the various state franchise laws with their elected representatives at the state level.

Go to the Better BUsniess Bureau, contact your state legislator, consider filing a suit if you have a signed and bonified contract in hand.

In a way that is the good thing that GM has been able to do during all of this. Some of these turds are being flushed out of the system. Adios to those Losers. Sorry about the good ones that took the hit.

This is why I am so thankful for the dealer from where I ordered my car. No BS, No Hidden Charges, honored our agreement. Good folks with whom to deal.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Did they offer money on the trade and then the OP wouldn't accept it? I can't tell from the first post.

Unfortunately, if the deal included a trade that would be appraised when the Camaro arrived, this could easily happen. It doesn't seem that way when the salesman tells him they had 3 offers on it (BS) before it came off the truck.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
it's just sad that dealerships like these are willing to sell their integrity to the highest bidder...don't advertise and promise msrp if your planning on just taking the highest bidder.

another thing i forgot to ask, i signed a contract when i put my $1,000 down at thorobred...did they have you sign one as well? if so, i think it's illegal for them to sell your camaro. also there was nothing in that contract stating that you would have to pony up more cash upon arrival, if anything it would have been treated as any other new car and went thru the financing process
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobintuc View Post
WOW! I'm Amazed. I did shop this dealer, (Since I've been dealerless since I purchased my last Vette from Brown And Brown and they tried to add 20K to it)

The owner seemed really nice and was pretty honest concerning Allocation. (At The Time he had Zero, May 6th).

Give Brian Banks a Call at Freeway. He's been flawless.

Wow, so sorry. To be that close and loose the car.
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Wow that's just aweful.

But... the bright side is your credit sounds good so. Sell your car and buy a Camaro off the lot or one of the 200+ used on Autotrader.

There will be cars on lots soon and or already a few.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #13
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
another thing i forgot to ask, i signed a contract when i put my $1,000 down at thorobred...did they have you sign one as well? if so, i think it's illegal for them to sell your camaro. also there was nothing in that contract stating that you would have to pony up more cash upon arrival, if anything it would have been treated as any other new car and went thru the financing process
It sounds like (I'm guessing here) his initial agreement with the dealer didn't specify the value of his trade-in. If so, then it probably isn't illegal.

On the other hand, if he has a written agreement that specifies the value of his trade-in, and then they reduced it by $10k when the car came in, that is probably breach of contract.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Tom95YJ

Drives: 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Wow that is really a really dirty move

I hope nobody is dumb enough to pull that kind of stunt with me when I goto order my Camaro and take delivery, Cause I have a few friends who work for the local tv stations here as editor's and camera men and they owe me favors .
Present:
1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ Lifted Locked......
Future:
ABM 1SS/RS M6 w/ White Rally Stripes
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote