Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #169
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Oh so tempting.

Being new here, I'm sure this has been discussed already. And, I'm sure that FBodFather has laid the ground rules down as to what he will and won't discuss.

But, MAN! As a newbie to the site and realizing who he is...:eek: I just want to ask a million questions. I feel like a kid when Mom comes back from Christmas shopping and you just bombard her with questions... Is it red? Is it loud? Can I ride it? Does it go fast?

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like my questions have changed much since then...

FBodFather, if I cross the line at any time feel free to educate me by beating me about the head, neck and chest.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #170
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
Scott, I was just wondering, if you're able to answer this that is.... Has Chevy decided EXACTLY what engines and options will definitely be in there at the moment or is it all still speculative??

One thing that latest photoshop rendition helped with seeing is how HUGE that front end is...which hopefully something HUGE will be going in there. :P
There have been some changes to the powertrain lineup recently - but in my opinion, its all good! There will be some minor changes to options and packages --but you can be assured that we listened VERY WELL to the "12 disciples of which there are 15" when they came to Milford to drive the convertible and let us pick at their brains.......

And no, I won't tell you what they are! (I'd love to -- but there is more than just a couple of Black Suburbans these days......)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #171
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I actually meant the convertible top will be down. my g/f being topless is for my own private viewing as she treats me well. I don't like sharing.
yeah im very selfish too.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #172
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thank you for the very very kind words -- and as I read thru this entire thread, once again I realize just how much this car is loved..... -- and that's a very emtional thing for all of us at Chevy and GM who love/work on the new Camaro.

I can't take credit for the new Camaro. Yes - I refused to let anyone forget Camaro (and Firebird) -- yes, I constantly wore my Camaro shirts and jackets and ties to work every day. Yes, I came close to b**chslapping ANYONE who even THOUGHT of saying "Give it up -- it's dead" -- and yes, I refused to disappear on the various sites and yes I refused to stop saying "Have Faith"

.......now -- all of that said -- it is people like Bob Lutz and Ed Wellburn and Tom Peters and Cheryl Pilcher and Doug Houlihan and Bob Boniface and John Fitzpatrick and Ed Peper and a TON of other people that are responsible for the new Camaro. Keep in mind that Rick Wagoner's (our Chairman) first car was a 1972 Camaro...................... (how do you like THEM apples???) --
I have been priviledged to have my own lil part of the new Camaro -- and I'm so very thankful that the Camaro team at Chevy has scheduled many a meeting around my auto show schedule so that I could take part in the many discussions and decisions that impact this great car.

The name Fbodfather is both a source of pride -- and yes, an embarrassment to me -- because you see -- there are those who deserve the name more than I -- esp. people like Hank Haga and Don McPherson and Pete Estes and Bob Lund and so many others who brought us the original.

So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!

Have Faith!
it brings tears to my eyes every time you speak about the camaro. i just hope you know how very lucky you, and everyone else who works on this car are. not only for working on a car but its a piece of history. i would give anything in the world to have even the slightest bit of job, on this car.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #173
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Anyone else notice the fact that Fbodfather has doubled his posts here in the last week?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #174
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
honestly, GM had me at CAMARO.
I know exactly what you mean. As long as this car keeps the Camaro nameplate, I will buy one.

To me, that name means something, and it's more than an engine or the sheets of metal that surround it. Camaro is a way of life, it's a personality, it's what brings us together from all over the country (and even the world!).

When I bought my first Camaro, all I knew about it was that it was a V6. I didn't even know that there were names for different engines, I just thought they either had 6 cylinders or they had 8 . I knew there was such a thing as a Z/28 because my dad had had one, but I didn't know what an SS or a Berlinetta or an LT was. All that mattered to me was that it said Camaro on the side.

Now that I know a little bit more about cars, I still feel the same way. As long as that beautiful scripted "Camaro" is badged onto the side of the car, I know I'll be in for the ride of my life.

All those extra features (engine size, horse power, interior comforts, body style, etc.) are just an added bonus; the cherry on top of the sundae, if you will. But man, oh man, that is one SWEET Cherry!
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #175
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanaso View Post
Really, wow...that's a disappointment because while I'm not sure I'd get it in that color I can tell you that the Bumblebee Camaro was the best looking yellowish car I've ever seen. My brother and I both said we might get it in that color.
Okay I don't for sure "know" that its' not going to be an option. I just think it's very unlikely. And if it is an option it will either be a special edition or VERY expensive.

Or so I guess at least. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's an option. If it is, I'm sure as hell spending that extra money.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #176
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There are 3 Bumblebee Camaro's being built and given out to winners of a contest. The paint on Bumblebee (and the 3 special editions) is a special paint.
One which would be stupid-expensive to offer as a normal color.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #177
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Yeah that's pretty much my argument that it won't be an option. Sucks really since I love that color.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #178
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Okay I don't for sure "know" that its' not going to be an option. I just think it's very unlikely. And if it is an option it will either be a special edition or VERY expensive.

Or so I guess at least. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's an option. If it is, I'm sure as hell spending that extra money.
It's been stated that the 'Bumblebee Yellow' color was a VERY expensive paint job. There may be a yellow, but it won't be 'Bumblebee Yellow' per se.

Unless, that is, you win one of the Bumblebee Camaro's from the Transformers contest. lol
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #179
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Yeah, well, I can't even enter the contest. European here. But I just need a nice yellow...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #180
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Wow, miss a week, miss a lot in Camaroland. A little late, but here are my observations on this pic:

1. Rear vents in front of rear wheels seems to be gone or reduced in visibility. I like this, as I prefer a clearer look. Less stuff added on is better, IMHO.
2. I saw some posts saying people hope the fin antenna doesn't stay. Why is this? I certainly think it is better than a mast-type antenna. I was hoping all along that we'd get a fin antenna.
3. Mirrors look ok, but look like they stick out a little too much.
4. Wheels look great and are an excellent size. I'd be happy to see those on the production car.
5. The b-pillar looks exactly like I anticipated. Not bad at all. I really don't mind it being added on.

Everything is looking pretty good for how this car is turning out.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #181
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
After actually reading this thread, some more thoughts:

Fbodfather, we are so lucky to have you and everyone else you have mentioned. I believe you when you say Chevy will make this the best car we have ever owned, and it is very encouraging. This isn't just some corporate suits making a car with a classic nameplate just to squeeze sales from the fans. This is honestly all about a fantastic product.

I agree that there are no bad angles of this car. And I understand how Scott feels about people rushing to bad judgments because of a bad photo. I'm glad most of the reactions have been positive. To me it doesn't look like it gained weight or anything.

OK, so it looks like the rear vents are still there. Oh well, they're not bad either. I can live with that.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #182
Camino LS6

Drives: '98 Firehawk Prototype
The Bumblebee color is not only expensive, but can't realistically be done on a mass production line - it simply takes too much time.

Sweet color though.
Camino LS6 is offline   Reply With Quote