Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #239
StevenMarrocco

Drives: INFERNO ORANGE Camaro, 2LT RS.
give it a test drive, im also pretty young (21) and the SS (as much as i would have LOVED to buy it) wasnt realistic enough for me and my income. Plus up here in canada its a different story, the v6 to the v8 is a pretty dramatic price difference, making a turbo and SC cheaper then actually getting the SS. which does upset me at times, since a fully loaded 2lt/rs is almost equal price to the 2SS\rs in america. GRR.
anyways, my advice, by the car for you, not others, i get hounded by people every now and then always saying "if i bought a camaro, id get the v8" and its usually from the people driving around in honda civic's or unfortunate cars from the 90's.

lol sorry for the story. i guess it was also away of getting a bit of anger off my chest.
StevenMarrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #240
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMarrocco View Post
give it a test drive, im also pretty young (21) and the SS (as much as i would have LOVED to buy it) wasnt realistic enough for me and my income. Plus up here in canada its a different story, the v6 to the v8 is a pretty dramatic price difference, making a turbo and SC cheaper then actually getting the SS. which does upset me at times, since a fully loaded 2lt/rs is almost equal price to the 2SS\rs in america. GRR.
anyways, my advice, by the car for you, not others, i get hounded by people every now and then always saying "if i bought a camaro, id get the v8" and its usually from the people driving around in honda civic's or unfortunate cars from the 90's.

lol sorry for the story. i guess it was also away of getting a bit of anger off my chest.
The difference in price between a 2LT/RS and a 2SS/RS is about $7,000 here in the states...according to the build your own I just did..
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #241
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Honestly if I really wanted to have the V8 I could have had the V8. Our company purchased 7 of them and only one among us really felt the need to have a V8 and so he does. Had I known how slim the FI options would be down the road I prolly would have ordered an LS3 SS. That said I am very happy with my V6. The times I wish I would have purchased the V8 are so few and far between. Even though the company pays for the gas and all car related expenses it still ultimately comes out of my hide as I am part owner. It would somewhat grate on me everytime at the pump having to put premium in it. My TSX required premium and that bugged over the long term. To me that feels wasteful. I don't care how large my bank account ever gets, I'll never enjoy the feeling of being wasteful. Our cars were mainly purchased to help advertise and brand the SIX name in the town where we do business. They do that quite well and 90% of the ppl don't know or care what is under the hood. They just want to take their pictures with them.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #242
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Reading posts, it always seems that V-6 owners have to give an excuse on why they didnt buy a V-8. This is so stupid, buy the car you want and dont read the few stupid post from a few idiot V-8 owners.
I hate the internet and the anonymity it gives some people. I really wish a V-8 owner would walk up to me and say some of the stupid things that are posted on this site. Especially the V-6 bolt on forums.
I enjoy the "Camaro" not the V-6 or V-8 Camaro. If I was a moderator and saw a negative post (meaning has no relative use other than to flame) with in a V-6 forum from a V-8 owner I would give a warning, then a ban.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #243
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
i Got the v6 Cause its what i felt like paying for basiclly ... i had a fully loaded 08 Gt before this i paid 360 plus like 200 insurance... both ford and chevy wanted like 475-500 for a 1ss and a basic 5.0.... i was like thats F'ing crazy..im down grading to a basic package and i have to pay more... so after a little more looking around i endded up with a 1lt rs for 360 and my insurance is down to 150 lol.. im still happy with the car i picked...
Agarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #244
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I hate the internet and the anonymity it gives some people.
I've never heard it put better!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #245
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstproductions View Post
I currently have ordered a v6 1lt automatic and will be upgrading in the future to get some more horses out of it. Ive thought about NOS but this seems like it would be bad for the pistons from what Ive heard. Anyways I recently rode in a v8 manual and the power in it was pretty amazing and my head jerked back everytime it shifted. So my question is for everyoen here that has a v6 or has driven one, does it have enough power to have fun with it? I know that it is very powerful compared to the other competing v6's but does it have that push back in your seat head jerk feeling? haha
-----------------

No in stock form. Yes they are quite quick with minor bolt ons. My goal was 13 sec 1/4mi times which I easily achieved. (13.90 with managed will spin in first and sec. gear, with loaded trunk of odds and ends tools, wash and wax bottles, blankets, umbrella etc.) Had my V6 man. trans car for almost 6 months and here are my bolt ons that I also graded for performance enhancements.
This is the order installed over a 5 month period.

1) Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers = D to low C performance
2) RotoFab Cold Air Intake = B- Performance
3) Sprint Booster = A Performance
4) Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe = A Performance
No Headers and No Tune. All other upgrades coming are just icing on the cake. Thinking of trying a Throttle Body spacer next. Headers and Tune will come only after warranty is over.
Forgot to mention I only run 87 octane.

Last edited by PercyJWellingtonIII; 08-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #246
Funkymaddox

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
if you want a car which has onlt power in the same price range buy an used bmw 335i ... it has 2 turbos installed and at 1200rpm 400 torque! best V6 engine so far!
Funkymaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #247
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
I'm thinking the only v8 owners that have a problem with us owning v6's are just mad because they only bought their car for one thing... to race... and they are too broke to buy a car with real power like a corvette. lol... If I wanted power and to race I would never have bought a Camaro. I bought my Camaro because it's exactly what I wanted and I love it.
Infernoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #248
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Everyone knows a "real" sportscar has at least 10 cylinders, many even have 12.

Guess that counts all the camaros out. Now if the measure is - what configuration is likely to get you around a twisty track the fastest then the v6 is the clear winner.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #249
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymaddox View Post
if you want a car which has onlt power in the same price range buy an used bmw 335i ... it has 2 turbos installed and at 1200rpm 400 torque! best V6 engine so far!
Technically, we have more power than a 335i They're rated at 300 HP & 300 TQ. Yes, I know they're faster, but still, 312 > 300 And new, they're in the 40K range. Overpriced, IMO.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #250
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
That's mostly do to weight. It's spec'ed as 332hp and 276ftlb which isn't much more than what we have, the biggest difference is 1. it weighs 3,269 2. it has a carbon fiber drive shaft, and 3. gearing, the manual has a 6-speed with a 3.69 ratio and the automatic is a 7-speed with a 3.35 ratio.

I've driven the 370Z that thing flies, but it can be matched by our V6 with some mods. The stock 370z 1/4 ET is 13.36. I'm pretty sure ROD1's best NA time is pretty damn close to that. With a carbon fiber drive shaft and better gears our V6's would be ripping mid 13's pretty easily...

I wanna Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft. Who makes one for our cars...huh?
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #251
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
I wanna Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft. Who makes one for our cars...huh?

Check with some of the V8 threads, I am sure someone has had one built for the Camaro.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #252
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
There is nothing slow about the V6 Camaro, I have a 2011, 6 speed Stick, and with just a little Mod.(BBK Headers with Low Res Cats, Magnaflow Mufflers and BBK CAI.
I have no problem getting Rubber in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote