Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 01-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #85
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
There's a nice V10 to start with.

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEVIPERGEN4.asp

V10 in a 95 Mustang

Here it is with 2 big honkin' torbo's!

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 01-08-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #86
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
What horsepower are you hoping to achieve and what do you intend to do with your car? Is this going to be a track car or a street machine? What is your budget?
Well, I would like it to be the best of both worlds. I wouldn't want huge fuel consumption when I'm gonna drive it on the street, but I still would want it to run in the low 9s for a quarter mile at the track. HP - I can't put down a specific number, but I'm hoping to achieve around 5-650.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #87
2000v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
There's a nice V10 to start with.

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEVIPERGEN4.asp

V10 in a 95 Mustang

Here it is with 2 big honkin' torbo's!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about, but also add two big honkin superchargers
Old 01-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #88
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
While I'd love to see that done, try to keep it reasonably achievable. With the money, time and skill (or skilled fabricators, mechs) anything is possible. there's gonna be a lot more involved than just even getting a V10 in. Like it was mentioned before your best bet if you did go the V10 route would be the Viper engine, I don't know what they go for but its probably as much (or more)as the blue book value of your car. You'll need a custom k-member and possibly a custom manual steering setup. Can it be done, yeah. I know the the Viper uses (or used, I'm sure Spike can verify ) the T56, so thats a plus...but you'll need a custom drive shaft, and a Moser 9" at least. Again doable. Going FI the way you want is gonna be a bitch, but probably doable. your gonna need a custom standalone engine management system, and a hell of a tune....doable. Your issue is gonna be that this endevour isn't going to be a get the parts and do it situation. All this shit is going to have to be blueprinted and custom.

For your goals you dont even need to go FI, and def not V10. There are LS1 383 strokers that put 530+ hp to the wheels NA. I agree with spike, if you wanna go crazy go get an LSX block, I know where you can get one for 1700 right now. The combinations are damn near endless, and it handles up to 2K horsepower. This was the route I was headed before I became a disabled vet, but now I have to depend on a shop to do every thing for me. So all my costs are pretty much doubled. Check out Katech They've got a sick budget 427 shortblock for 5K. With matched H/C/I that will easily put you at 550 hp.

I'm starting my engine build, my dream was to build a 427 for my camaro. But with my physical conditons and income, and having a family to take care of, its just not reasonable. I'm debating over a 383 stroker, that if done correctly can be over 500 hp. or a blown 383 stroker. Im a roots style guy and theres nothing (to me) worth bolting on my engine out there, that will fit with out chopping up my ride. Which leaves me with a procharger?

Hope I helped ya in some way, I look forward to seeing what you end up doing.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #89
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post

That's exactly what I'm talking about, but also add two big honkin superchargers
I'll add my caveat's now.... Just about anything is possible, but sometimes it's not really practical.

The Viper engine requires total car redesign, the firewall is cut out to move the engine back so it'll fit. The full rollcage becomes a necessity because the car will twist like a pretzel the first time he gets on it. Like tford mentioned, the complete driveline and suspension will have to be re-designed.

What this all boils down to is... You can't put a viper v10 in a Camaro, but you can design a car with Camaro body panels that could have a v10.

The LSX built to super-high hp will also require totally new drivetrain/suspension design, but would be much more practical.... Cost 100 grand instead of 200 grand LOL
Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #90
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Well, I would like it to be the best of both worlds. I wouldn't want huge fuel consumption when I'm gonna drive it on the street, but I still would want it to run in the low 9s for a quarter mile at the track. HP - I can't put down a specific number, but I'm hoping to achieve around 5-650.
LOL you want to do all that work for 650hp?
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #91
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Theres a great deal right now in the members classified section, check it out.

Brand new LS3 427
I just had Don Hardy build this for me and now with much sadness I need to sell it. Here is everything I bought and what it cost me. I have pics but need an email address in order to send them. Feel free to make offers or at least tell me what a fair price is.

LS3 short block ( New GM LS3 aluminum block, 4.125 Scat Crank, Mahle 4.065 bore flat top pistons, Oliver 6.067 Rods, Clevite bearings, PRC ported oil pump, Roll Master timing chain, Comp cam, rear,top, and front cover, knock sensors) I paid $6750 for this balanced and assembled

Then I bought heads ( Newest LS3/L92 heads decked .020" cnc'd and then hand polished, TSP dual springs, Standard new LS3 valves, hardened push rods, intake and exhaust rockers,LS7 lifters and trays, head gaskets, head bolts and valve covers) I paid $2500 for this all assembled

Then I bought a Edelbrock L92 carb style intake, Intake Elbows truck style elbow, new LS7 throttle body and had it polished by Jantzer, Edelbrock fuel rails, GM intake gaskets and all the needed fuel lines and fittings plus a custom cold air intake that goes to bottom air scoop on the drivers side. This all cost me $1500

So I have $10,750 in the whole thing. I am looking to get $7500. Thanks Brad
Old 01-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #92
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
You'd get a faster sell at LS1Tech.com, if your not known there make sure you've got the build sheets, and recipts. Just curious to know how much you want for the Shortblock alone?
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #93
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Its not mine, I just knew it was posted there.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #94
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:

sounds like some sort of ricer dream you must have had...2 turbos and 2 superchargers. Why not just throw some NOZZZZ on it while your at it (and lots of stickers).

Quote:
sorry, all those things you want do not go together.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #95
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
v-10 in here 4x4 truck
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #96
2000v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
sounds like some sort of ricer dream you must have had...2 turbos and 2 superchargers. Why not just throw some NOZZZZ on it while your at it (and lots of stickers).

sorry, all those things you want do not go together.

So I have realized that, I was just trying to explore different options, that haven't been thought of before, or at least those that haven't been accomplished. I realize that it was something stupid to consider, as it really will not happen. As of now, I am searching for a v8.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #97
2000v6

Never mind what I had posted above, I have decided that this will require way to much focus, time and money for me to even consider this to be a potential project.

Now, I'm looking for a place that will build up an LSX block to the power potential that I am looking for. Also, I have decided to change my goals, so I am looking for an output around 1000-1250 hp
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #98
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
So I have realized that, I was just trying to explore different options, that haven't been thought of before, or at least those that haven't been accomplished. I realize that it was something stupid to consider, as it really will not happen. As of now, I am searching for a v8.
Glad you came to your senses. A nice LSx crate motor will be reliable and efficient...and a fairly inexpensive simple swap (in comparison w/ a V10). If you want something a little more radical, get a turbo or SC setup for it.