Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #183
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
No he would rather ignore those facts. He is just a poser that is butt hurt because we don't all like his 55000 dollar car that he got raped on. Move on to Camaro 6 with your A1Y.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihu Smails View Post
Would you prefer we talk about Gen 6's blowing up on the track, or getting totaled in a 60mph AutoX?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #184
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Man, don't sweat it PBS and everybody else. What transpired here, has happened time and time again, since the dawn of "the car guy".

We "the car guy" will become apologists for our chosen passion.
We "the car guy" will justify almost any ridiculous thing to pursue our passion.
We "the car guy" will sometimes get on a tangent that is far removed from logic and wisdom.

I don't know about most of you, but I've definitely made terrible financial decisions in order to get that which I must have right now.

I don't know about most of you, but what got me bothered by the trend of PBS posts, was a perceived tone of superiority, and in particular, the implication that the only reason anyone stays in a Gen5 is because they can't afford a Gen6. I don't know why that got in his mind, but it was in there and had to keep coming out. Maybe it was his own personal justification to pursue his passion? I don't know, it doesn't really matter honestly.

The key word here is "passion" where logic and common sense and wisdom generally fly out the window for most people, me included.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:00 PM   #185
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Man, don't sweat it PBS and everybody else. What transpired here, has happened time and time again, since the dawn of "the car guy".

We "the car guy" will become apologists for our chosen passion.
We "the car guy" will justify almost any ridiculous thing to pursue our passion.
We "the car guy" will sometimes get on a tangent that is far removed from logic and wisdom.

I don't know about most of you, but I've definitely made terrible financial decisions in order to get that which I must have right now.

I don't know about most of you, but what got me bothered by the trend of PBS posts, was a perceived tone of superiority, and in particular, the implication that the only reason anyone stays in a Gen5 is because they can't afford a Gen6. I don't know why that got in his mind, but it was in there and had to keep coming out. Maybe it was his own personal justification to pursue his passion? I don't know, it doesn't really matter honestly.

The key word here is "passion" where logic and common sense and wisdom generally fly out the window for most people, me included.
Hooray! Passion.. that's car talk!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #186
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Does anyone here remember what the original post was about???
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #187
Elihu Smails

Drives: 2015 SIM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
Does anyone here remember what the original post was about???
We do....when you get the Gen 6 on the track, let us know how it compared to your Gen 5 on the track.

....oh, wait....you didn't track the Gen 5.

That's really why your...."The $10,000 hit I took on the 1 year old Gen 5 was more than worth it" don't mean squat to me. You're not going to outperform yourself by $15,000 in the Gen 6 over the Gen 5 on the street. lol
Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #188
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
.... I don't know about most of you, but what got me bothered by the trend of PBS posts, was a perceived tone of superiority, and in particular, the implication that the only reason anyone stays in a Gen5 is because they can't afford a Gen6. I don't know why that got in his mind....
He repeats the same mantra over and over again, and conveniently dismisses and never responds to logical posts that nail him to the wall.

I think 90% on here clearly see through his posts.

No one ever argued the laws of physics, as I wrote 10x before, but this is void to a troll.

For some, the performance potential alone justifies stepping up to a new car again. For others it is good looks alone that counts.

For others, it is both. For PMS, it's none of that it seems, and this is where the troll factor comes in. Either you got cash, or you don't according to him! Lollllll

PMS, plenty (unfortunately), have given a thumbs down to the aethetics (this word means looks) of the first iterations of the Gen 6.

Yes indeed PMS, for many, it is UGLY looking! It is a hard pill to swallow, I know .

NO Mr. PMS! A test drive of one, does not alter that fact for some! IT IS UGLY .
Id rather buy a new 2017 Mustang GT350, cuz it iz purtier than yours .

You wanna talk cars? Let's do it man. Man up.

-----

They do seem to be getting better at it with the ZL1 though. Looks wise, and that crazy performance definately swings the pendulum to the other side, to make a higher margin of Gen 5ers like myself with cash , go mmmmmmmmmm....

Yes PBS, the OP question.

It has been discussed and answered ad nauseam.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #189
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Hey sledge, your car seems familiar. When was yours built? And did you add Recaros to yours?
I have trick sensors, and up to speed security cameras coming out of my ass,

What was the question again?

Nobody touches Sledge.

No one
Old 03-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #190
Midnight Rat

Hey sledge, your car seems familiar. When was yours built? And did you add Recaros to yours? My tpw was 12/31/12
Old 03-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #191
Midnight Rat

Just curious
Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #192
Camaro Dude

Lol Very well then, afterall I do put faith into my toys, what's the point, you're right .

No recaros in there, but I'm seriously shopping seats. Must be super Lightweight, Strong, comfortable seats that look the part. They must be slick looking on the back side too.

I don't remember the build date. Sledge is sleeping in his room right now, must I have to go check that build date?

Tell me why, you might spark my curiosity as well on significance of a build date!

I barely remember my own age, it's just a number to me you see.

But I'll do it if you spark me up.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #193
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Just curious
Time warp.

I'll check for you later.

Ok I checked, 04/13 dude.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #194
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Guys...grow up a bit, huh?

This thread is closed.

Thank you to the person who reported it...and no, it wasn't one of the "participants"...that's how ridiculous this became.

Closed Thread