Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #29
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I first became aware of this article when our Director of Communications called me to discuss the article - he (the Director) knew that the cars were there -- but he wanted to make sure of all dates and when we brought the Red SS/RS onto the floor.

After our discussion, he contacted Mr. Visnic -- who immediately pulled the article (as you saw....) and sent us a letter of apology.

There ARE a lot of cars at NAIAS -- I can only assume he was 'overwhelmed' at how many cars GM unveiled at NAIAS on Sunday -- not to mention the number of people who seem to have stayed in the GM Exhibit.

(naturally, I'm prejudiced - but several outsiders have remarked at how busy the GM Exhibit remained during press days.....) (Thank God -- prayers answered!)

Thus - no Black Suburbans dispatched..............
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #30
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
**sound of Fbodfather being pulled off the ceiling -- kinda like velcro**

BULL!...........

The Camaro Black and a Silver 1LT with RS have been in the Chevy Exhibit since Sunday morning - BEFORE -- (let me repeat that last word...)

BEFORE

....the very first press event........in fact, they were there on the Friday before.........

On TUESDAY morning, we put the Camaro SS/RS on the floor ONCE WE REMOVED THE STAGING that encroached on the Chevy Exhibit..............

MOREOVER -- the Camaro Black is a V6 -- that's "the 21st century sports coupe that gets 27mpg" --

.........so how can he say that we're being irresponsible????

This article is completely irresponsible.....

Now -- ask me how I REALLY feel.................

Tell us how you really feel...

As with most elected officials they only regurgitate the one-sided opinion of the person who talks in their ear the most. They listen to who they trust and often don't bother to go any further because there are just too many things requiring their attention.

Nevertheless, a good spanking would have been fun to watch.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:22 AM   #31
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Great job Scott. Glad to see this article pulled before most people who don't know any better got to read it.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:31 AM   #32
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
One more example of why I have absolutely no use for the left in this country!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #33
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
One more example of why I have absolutely no use for the left in this country!!!
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #34
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Especially when the left want to tell me what I have to buy and place penalty's on the car I do want to buy..
Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #35
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I love it - A little bit more "bad boy" image is JUST what we WANT.

I say "BRING IT ON!" you hypocritical tree hugging eco-nazi politicians!!! :fighting0040:

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #36
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
At least he "manned-up" and pulled the article. He's lucky because I'm sure 'Father had the Subs' locked and loaded

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #37
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
I have a new Pit Bull named FBod. He chews 2x4's into splinters for joy, and causes little girls to faint automatically within 100yds.

Yea, everyone wants to drive little green eco-cars....errr...wrong. Not this boy.
BUT, I do plan on buying a ALL-ELECTRIC car thats decent looking, well engineered and built, in the future. Look forward to it actually. But I will still always want the option of hopping in my firebreathers on occasion and warming the pavement.
68vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #38
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
BUT, I do plan on buying a ALL-ELECTRIC car thats decent looking, well engineered and built, in the future. Look forward to it actually. But I will still always want the option of hopping in my firebreathers on occasion and warming the pavement.
Exactly my thoughts too. Given the nice torque characteristics of an electric engine, there is a lot to be excited about there. I think it was Jay Leno who said electric cars will save traditional gasoline powered performance cars in the same way the automobile saved the horse. Just as horses transitioned to something you had to work every day to a form of entertainment/recreation, so too will our traditional performance cars transition to a more recreational role. And since no one else will be using it there will be plenty of gas to fill them up!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #39
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Hey bro, news flash:

I'm part of the "left" and I love cars. Especially cars that go fast and look awesome.

Saying we are all to blame for this would be akin to me calling all of the right "religious whack-jobs who stroke big business." But I don't, because I'm smart enough to know each individual has their own likes, dislikes, and beliefs.

So maybe we could not redline the rhetoric pedal in this forum? Please?
Just because a few people on one side have a bigger voice then the mass, does not mean they speak for all of us. I assume its the same for the right.

So maybe everyone here can be courteous to one another.
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #40
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
Hey bro, news flash:

I'm part of the "left" and I love cars. Especially cars that go fast and look awesome.

Saying we are all to blame for this would be akin to me calling all of the right "religious whack-jobs who stroke big business." But I don't, because I'm smart enough to know each individual has their own likes, dislikes, and beliefs.

So maybe we could not redline the rhetoric pedal in this forum? Please?
Just because a few people on one side have a bigger voice then the mass, does not mean they speak for all of us. I assume its the same for the right.

So maybe everyone here can be courteous to one another.
Perhaps you are the exception to the rule, most on the left do not seem to share your feelings. There is not a lot of love for the left on any of the car forums I belong to, mostly due to the legislation shoved down our throats at the behest of the left, it robs us of our freedom and puts a stranglehold on many of our hobbies and lifestyles. And much of this legislation has been moved forward due to dubious logic, the CAFE standards to change our auto buying habits (by legislating what the manufacturers can and cannot build in an effort to meet those standards), the lunacy of global warming (I see how the global warming has affected climate change, I'm sure that's why 2/3 of the US is freezing their buns off this week), redistribution of wealth by taking people's hard earned money through ever increasing taxes and giving it to those who don't want to make an effort to improve their lifestyle if it means working for it, preventing our country from using our own natural resources by passing restrictive legislation, I could go on, but I think you get the idea. And truly this is not the forum for legislative debate, we need to stay on topic in our comments about this dolt of a writer for Edmunds that seems to be totally out of touch with reality.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Lets not go political in this thread, please.
And lets DEFINITELY not throw stereotypes around. Anybody who's here is good enough for me. I don't care what you "are" or "aren't".

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #42
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
wildpaws,

If I ever make it over to the beautiful state of Virginia, I'd like to shake your hand!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote