Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #561
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Oh, how lucky for you...

Ooh, tell her to mail me a boxed copy!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #562
Eleven11

Drives: Have none yet
using the poly laso how do i cut out the peice of the car and put onto another layer, and then put it back together
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #563
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?

If what this doesn't help that is.

1. Select the layer you want to cut from
2. Select the polygon that you want cut, this will bring up "moving ant line"
3. Cut (Control + X)
4. Create or select a new layer to paste the clipboarded selection from.
5. Paste (Control + V)
6. Deselect (Control + D)

This will put the selection on the layer that you want. I there is something else on the layer, when you deselect the part you just cut, the newly pasted object will be merged with what's already on the layer.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #564
Eleven11

alright thanks, when i replace the color how do i make it shine like if theres a sun out making som parts glare
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #565
Eleven11

and another is how do i put stripes on the camaro
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #566
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven11 View Post
alright thanks, when i replace the color how do i make it shine like if theres a sun out making som parts glare

You don't "replace" the color. I'm at work and don't want to open PS atm since I'm working, so the menus might be off.

1. Select the Layer that you want to re-color
2. Image menu > Attributes > hue/saturation
3. click "colorize" box,
4. Adjust slider bars until you find a color you like.

As for the stripes, you need to copy out a selection where the stripes will be. Create a new layer and paste the selection. Follow the steps above to color the stripes whatever color you want and since the layer is on top of the car's skin layer, they stripes will be visible over the car's "paint".
Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #567
Mr. Wyndham

OR, you can select what you want to cut out, ctrl+C (copy), ctrl+V (paste)...this automatically creates a new layer...sorry Mindz, your way is fine, I just like to live by: "work smarter, not harder" cutting the crap out takes enough time as it is...

OH, crap, I almost forgot. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A MASTER BACKGROUND (OF THE WHOLE UNCUT PICTURE) AS THE LAST LAYER. this is almost a necessity for a clean-looking pictures.It serves as a buffer in between the cut apart layers (and a base for your next cutting).

Quote:
That is done (by me) through brightness/contrast controls...contrast slightly higher than brightness achieves this effect best.

Quote:
and another is how do i put stripes on the camaro
Well, now friend...This is the real bite. Really cool Camaros have Really cool stripes, right...so it's natural to want to add them to your image. If your really lucky, you can find a convertable picture in the same pose as the Coupe, in which case you just trace the stripes, and drag them over to your coupe, and resise them...
-OTHERWISE-
Using the same technique as you already are using...you need to cut out stripes from the hood and/or trunk lid (deck). then copy/paste as I mentioned above, and make sure this new layer is above your skin layer...Now it is the same color as the body, but you can easily change JUST the stripes color through colorizing, and Brightness/contrast-ing, by selecting the stripes layer.

Note: It's always a good idea, when working with this number of layers, to name them accordingly...i.e. stripes, lights, grille, skin...etc. This'll save you a lot of trouble later on...:eek:

Hope that helps!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #568
Eleven11

How im Doing

This is how im doing so far, there was somtin wrong with the moving button so i couldnt align them perfect, but i think i did a 1 on a 10 scale
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: psd is.psd (565.1 KB, 113 views)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #569
Eleven11

how come the is.psd isnt showing. and how do i gruop all the layers together to make one thng
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #570
Eleven11

how do i put in the master background i already cut away peices and i dont want to start over
Old 07-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #571
Mr. Wyndham

First...It might save posting space to just group together your questions in one post...maybe

Second: I have no idea why the psd isn't showing...when I download it, it comes as a .php...tell you what, -re post it as a "colorized" jpeg (change the colors on things...)

Third, you can "merge" two or more layers together, or you can completely "flatten" the image. It's in the Layers menu.

Fourth...don't worry about the background now...just...rememeber for next time. it's really a life-saver if you screw up (trust me )
Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #572
Eleven11

ok i got it, thankx
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #573
Mr. Wyndham

I'll be honest... it's a little plasticy looking. BUT, for a first timer - on as powerful a program as CS3, Very Very Nice!

Advice:
1: don't forget about the door handle...It looks nicer crome...lol
2: Get closer to all your cutting edges. It's better to colorize too much, rather than too little. so cut past the outside edges of the car to get the best color (natural) effect
3Again, a little plasticy...I would suggest peeking at a picture of a real black car, to get an idea of what it should look like.

Other than that, great job. You cut very accurately, and chose a nice picture. You also cut out the windshield very nicely, too.

Keep it up. For a first time, it was great. You shoulda seen my first time. I also tryied black. I tryed the magic wand...uh, uh...didn't work too well. The poor car looked like a 100 layered cake frosted with black paint primer of 100 diferent shades. (shudder)
Over time, you'll become more comfortable, and therefore, better! I suggest experimenting, cut out too much...undo, cut out too little...undo, try chroming the tire rims (by a circle) - then try chromeing just the rims, no rotor...you'll end up discovering lots of things you never would have thought of doing!...lol I did!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #574
Eleven11

Thnks for the advise ill try again today or tomorow

Closed Thread