Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #29
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
The only pic's I've seen with them have been the pre-production cars. For testing purposes. FbodFather chimed in on one of the threads about it and said that they shouldn't be used for towing, but it did say that there was a 1000lb towing capacity on one of the info sheets. I really wouldn't mind having one so I don't have to stuff my spare set of tires inside, or possibly adding a bike rack sometime.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #30
tw3ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SW/IOM
When towing use the correct tool.
Attached Images

tw3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #31
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post

This car can handle about 1000 lb of trailered weight. Not sure on tongue weight but as long as the total doesnt exceed the ratings on the GWVR sticker you should be fine.
Wow, you're about an idiot if you're towing with your Camaro. Sorry... but it just needs to be said.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #32
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
I would rent a uhaul for anything you need. You won't be able to tow much with a camaro anyways.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #33
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I would rent a uhaul for anything you need. You won't be able to tow much with a camaro anyways.
For moving house maybe not.. but a fishing/skiing boat, jet skis, motorcycles etc are plenty light enough for this car. Heck I've towed those type of things on much smaller cars with far weaker engines/suspensions and they where fine.

As far as I'm concerned, even though it is an awesome car, it is still just a car and meant to do the same things any other car might need to do. Not everyone has the means to buy a 2nd vehicle for the occasional use of towing something. As long as you dont exceed its limits there wont be any harm done.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #34
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
For moving house maybe not.. but a fishing/skiing boat, jet skis, motorcycles etc are plenty light enough for this car. Heck I've towed those type of things on much smaller cars with far weaker engines/suspensions and they where fine.

As far as I'm concerned, even though it is an awesome car, it is still just a car and meant to do the same things any other car might need to do. Not everyone has the means to buy a 2nd vehicle for the occasional use of towing something. As long as you dont exceed its limits there wont be any harm done.
Then by all means, tow with it. Honestly the likelihood that you'll run in to any problems if you don't do it too often is pretty small. Just be sure to drive conservatively, and maybe stay in a lower gear than usual.
Some people just like to toot their own horn by calling anyone who asks a non-standard question an idiot, or rambling on how everyone else's way is inferior to their own. Yes, a Sierra is a million times better at towing anything than a Camaro. But hell, I needed a brand new transmission in my Suburban after several long trips with a 3-4,000 lb trailer.
Tell us how it goes.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #35
GreenXTC

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green #1837
Car = cruise Truck = tow

Borrow or rent one...... please!
GreenXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #36
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
I was passed by a RY-SS towing a yellow motorcycle on a trailer on I-20 going toward Alabama. He seemed to have no trouble. I was wondering where he found a hitch though.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #37
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
I LOVE silver stripes on Summit White. It's my second favorite color combo. Very sharp!
Thank you, it is very popular in my little home town...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #38
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Only if you get the Duramax Camaro.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #39
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
I can vaguely see pulling a small Bike trailer... A Boat? HELL no..... Ever slid backwards on a launch ramp in a truck? You would be the ass of ages if your boat pulled you and your car down the ramp.

I wonder what she would do in the 1/4m with a Bass Tracker behind her?
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #40
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I can vaguely see pulling a small Bike trailer... A Boat? HELL no..... Ever slid backwards on a launch ramp in a truck? You would be the ass of ages if your boat pulled you and your car down the ramp.

I wonder what she would do in the 1/4m with a Bass Tracker behind her?

We had a 30' off-shore racing boat that was pulled by our 89 4wd Blazer. If you didn't have that sucker in 4wd..... bye bye boat and truck. We saw so many people that didn't have the proper vehicle burn rubber trying to get up that ramp.

Off topic.... If you ever want to have a good laugh just sit by a boat ramp and watch all the couples getting into an argument about getting the boat in or out of the water.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #41
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post

We had a 30' off-shore racing boat that was pulled by our 89 4wd Blazer. If you didn't have that sucker in 4wd..... bye bye boat and truck. We saw so many people that didn't have the proper vehicle burn rubber trying to get up that ramp.

Off topic.... If you ever want to have a good laugh just sit by a boat ramp and watch all the couples getting into an argument about getting the boat in or out of the water.
SUPERSWAMPER = Excellent boat ramp tire... Gets through the algae.
Pirelli= NOT SO MUCH.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote