Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Is the GT500 DI? If so that is is part of the answer.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
No di for the gt or gt500 yet.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
If reported correctly, at least the power comes from the 12-15 psi! I forget what it was, but it was greater than LS9's 10.5 psi. That economy rating is pretty interesting though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
you have to pay a tax to pollute the air and uses more of our finite resources more than atypical car should. Why does that get people so upset?
+1. I did a study on peak oil, it's only a matter of time and progressing faster. Then things will get really interesting.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
you have to pay a tax to pollute the air and uses more of our finite resources more than atypical car should. Why does that get people so upset?
Who are YOU to decide what a typical car should or should not use? Who died and made you the mastermind that knows better than everyone else? In fact, what credentials do ANY of these people who decide these things have?

FYI: Most cars made in the last 10 years expel air that is CLEANER than that they take in.

Plus, a car that uses more gasoline emits more plant food than a miserly gas sipper. People with low consumption vehicles should pay a CO2 Deficit Tax because they are not helping produce food.

/sarc

See how arbitrary these decisions can be?

My point is that nobody should support these kinds of power grabs because eventually someone will take away or tax something YOU feel strongly about.

I don't think the ZL1 or the ZR1 or ANY car should have a GG tax, and I don't think there should be any CAFE either.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #34
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Who are YOU to decide what a typical car should or should not use? Who died and made you the mastermind that knows better than everyone else? In fact, what credentials do ANY of these people who decide these things have?

FYI: Most cars made in the last 10 years expel air that is CLEANER than that they take in.

Plus, a car that uses more gasoline emits more plant food than a miserly gas sipper. People with low consumption vehicles should pay a CO2 Deficit Tax because they are not helping produce food.

/sarc

My point is that nobody should support these kinds of power grabs because eventually someone will take away or tax something YOU feel strongly about.

I don't think the ZL1 or the ZR1 or ANY car should have a GG tax, and I don't think there should be any CAFE either.
And you come across as one who thinks think companies should be deregulated and that they'll do the right thing without the pressures of taxation and federal mandates.

Then we could live like the Chinese. Sounds healthy.
/sarc
http://factsanddetails.com/china.php...10&subcatid=66
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #35
MauriSSio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

/sarc

who are you to think you can freely pollute the air as you please? burnt gasoline fumes going into the atmosphere is always a bad thing. You want to burn a ton of it,just pay the tax for the damage to all our health!. Now whos to say it should be 20mpg or 25mpg? our elected officials have some say i guess. I personally think it should be stricter for daily driven cars. We are destroying the world for future generations.

Last edited by MauriSSio; 02-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #36
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
because it is a misguided stupid law like 9000 other we have on the books.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
who are you to think you can freely pollute the air as you please? burnt gasoline fumes going into the atmosphere is always a bad thing. You want to burn a ton of it,shut up and pay the tax. Now whos to say it should be 20mpg or 25mpg? our elected officials have some say i guess. I personally think it should be stricter for daily driven cars. We are destroying the world for future generations.
I've thoroughly enjoyed most of your opinions on this site..

I can see one debate neither of us would enjoy
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm curious how the GT500 avoids the tax, as well.

I don't care how you cut it...increasing the horsepower THAT much over the '12 model absolutely uses more fuel. And Ford's good, but they aren't magic...if I were guessing, I'd imagine there's some loophole they could be exploiting - but I don't know what that would be, so I won't take it past that.

Anyways...I don't care too much.

It's $1300, I wish I could keep in my pocket -- but the ZL1 is WELL worth the inconvenience.

EDIT: Let's keep the pontificating and philosophical discussions as civil as possible, please. Nobody can be "right", here...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
Klinsmann

Drives: 2006 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
If the GG tax was included in the MSRP, you'd pay sales tax on it when purchasing the car. Since it is itemized separately, I don't think sales tax is charged on it.
yes, you pay sales tax on it. The GG tax is itemized on the right hand side of the sticker like an option on the car, and adds to the total MSRP window sticker for your vehicle. What you actually pay tax on depends on your final negotiated price with or without a trade in, but regardless, the GG tax is in the dollar figure you start your negotiations from.
Klinsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #40
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm curious how the GT500 avoids the tax, as well.

I don't care how you cut it...increasing the horsepower THAT much over the '12 model absolutely uses more fuel. And Ford's good, but they aren't magic...if I were guessing, I'd imagine there's some loophole they could be exploiting - but I don't know what that would be, so I won't take it past that.

Anyways...I don't care too much.

It's $1300, I wish I could keep in my pocket -- but the ZL1 is WELL worth the inconvenience.

EDIT: Let's keep the pontificating and philosophical discussions as civil as possible, please. Nobody can be "right", here...

More power...

but better aerodynamics (I know I know, not that big of an effect at lower speeds), less weight (see: '10 GT500 vs 11/12GT500) and a newly revised rear end drive + changes in each gear

Just a thought

I don't think it's a loop hole really..
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #41
MauriSSio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I've thoroughly enjoyed most of your opinions on this site..

I can see one debate neither of us would enjoy
LOL

and i dont care what was said on that other thread, the early 70's Mach 1 is one of the best mustangs (and one of my favorites). My older brothers friend had one and lowered with 17 or 18" edelbrock wheels (i think theyre discontinued but looked similar to the "elenor" style) and that thing looked bad ass and it was still in primer. I always wanted that car
Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
MauriSSio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
aint that the truth!