Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #183
DSworo9
Original Polish Memeber

Drives: 2002 WS6 Trans Am

“I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”
DSworo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #184
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
I want to get in on this so bad, but ours won't be ready for a little bit longer. I have no hesitations about the independent testing against the competition. This is an awesome idea and it will prove the reality of the intakes on the same setup and day.

I would hate to hold all your tests up, but would you like to test a final version of ours once it's done anyway?

dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #185
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksono View Post
its a great idea,but whats the point when all the CAI's except the one from gm,will void your waranty! which i dont agree with since there all the same for the most part,some make a little more than others,but none are so different that GM should void your waranty.
There have been issues with the design of past CAIs that cause water to be sucked into the engine causing the engine to hyrda-lock and with MAF sensor failuers. So GM has perfectly good sense not to warranty outside products. If anybody is worries about warranty don't even waste your time thinking about non-GM parts unless you're willing to risk something not being covered. This test is for the people who aren't worried about a CAI voiding the warranty, I wish we had one for headers too!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #186
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
There have been issues with the design of past CAIs that cause water to be sucked into the engine causing the engine to hyrda-lock and with MAF sensor failuers. So GM has perfectly good sense not to warranty outside products. If anybody is worries about warranty don't even waste your time thinking about non-GM parts unless you're willing to risk something not being covered. This test is for the people who aren't worried about a CAI voiding the warranty, I wish we had one for headers too!
You Might just get your wish.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #187
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
So when will the tests start taking place?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #188
Johnny Camaro

Drives: 13 ZL1vert,19 ZL1 vert A10 10/24/18
What if Hennessy (and that other brand) don't step up to the plate?
Maybe 40 of our fellow topic followers will donate $10.00 each and we just buy the damn thing!
I'm in!
Johnny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #189
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I'm ready to buy a CAI, just not sure which one to get and if I should get one that has the heat shield box.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #190
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Along with New Era and Vararam...two companies that tooted the OTR was so much better. Wonder where they are?
yes cuz new era always posts on forums, theyre on 3-4 other forums that i'm on and they rarely post. its not that theyre being silent. its that they dont post.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #191
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksono View Post
its a great idea,but whats the point when all the CAI's except the one from gm,will void your waranty! which i dont agree with since there all the same for the most part,some make a little more than others,but none are so different that GM should void your waranty.
I was told by service dept CAI or exhaust does not void warranty. Showed mine to service dept and they said good to go. And they like the exaust sound better. I kept my OE just in case I need it but I don't think so.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #192
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
GMPP CIA

Has anyone considered acquiring a GMPP CAI unit to be included in these tests?

With warranty concerns, many here will surely be considering a GM unit. Is there anyone from a dealer or GM on this thread that can facilitate the acquisition of a GM CIA?

Certainly the GMPP CAI should be considered a major player in these evaluative tests.
Alfie

Last edited by alfie43; 09-28-2009 at 04:39 PM.
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #193
Drive fast, take chances
Driving Camaros 40 yrs

Drives: 70 Z28/RS, 99 SS, 2010 2SS/RS w/SC
If cold air is not blown thru the grill (like you are doing 70mph or so down the road) the test will not simulate real world conditions. Many of the CAIs depend on the fresh air coming from the slot beside the radiator for their air source. Since that doesn't happen when the car is stopped the results should be different than when moving and drawing cool air from the slot.

If they are not going to do this then just test the one or two units that reach over the radiator support and draw air from the grill area.
Drive fast, take chances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #194
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post

With warranty concerns, many here will surely be considering a GM unit. Is there anyone from a dealer or GM on this thread that can facilitate the acquisition of a GM CIA?

Certainly the GMPP CIA should be considered a major player in these evaluative tests.
Alfie
Has anyone gotten their hands on a GMPP unit for the new Camaro? I got tired of waiting on GM to release the parts that they should have had ready when I got my car.... if they had, it'd have been a done deal... instead, they lost money (at least, they lost my money.)

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #195
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive fast, take chances View Post
If cold air is not blown thru the grill (like you are doing 70mph or so down the road) the test will not simulate real world conditions. Many of the CAIs depend on the fresh air coming from the slot beside the radiator for their air source. Since that doesn't happen when the car is stopped the results should be different than when moving and drawing cool air from the slot.

If they are not going to do this then just test the one or two units that reach over the radiator support and draw air from the grill area.
Any chance you read the whole thread?
We have 60 MPH winds in our dyno.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #196
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive fast, take chances View Post
If cold air is not blown thru the grill (like you are doing 70mph or so down the road) the test will not simulate real world conditions. Many of the CAIs depend on the fresh air coming from the slot beside the radiator for their air source. Since that doesn't happen when the car is stopped the results should be different than when moving and drawing cool air from the slot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Has anyone gotten their hands on a GMPP unit for the new Camaro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
GMPP CAI is not available to the public yet...