Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #477
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
I noticed except for Wyndham!!! The inner core group the click if you want to call it that. Mlee or TAG most of the MODS don't bother coming in to hear what the Members are saying? This makes me wonder what's changed?
We're trying to keep a central source of communication, nothing more. We're playing this one pretty close to the chest.

Beyond that, some of us have become a bit more busy in our personal lives the past years. We do not get payed to moderate the website. or organize the Fest. With that mind, sometimes other priorities appear. In my own case, over the past year and a half or so, I've been on the hunt for a house as well as dealing with some family "crisis'". But I'm back - and as enthusiastic as ever about the site, the Camaro, and the Fest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Camaro Fest 2016 now officially off my calendar, regardless of where they may (or may not) have it. Just made reservations for LS Fest in Bowlng Green, KY for September 9-11, and will look forward to seeing a bunch of 5th Gens there. It is a shame that such a great event like Camaro Fest has no better organization than what we're now seeing. If our previous Fests in GA, AZ, IN, KY and TX had this level of planning, then we would've been one and done at that first event in Valdosta. The part of this situation that turns me off is the total lack of information that is being presented by those in charge of the event, and their continued practice of doing so, even as late in the process as we now find ourselves.

There are rumors out there of a rift among some of those Gen 5 leaders who have helped organize and present previous Fests, and there is probably an element of truth to some of those stories. And the current situation of total silence in regards to the 2016 Fest plans only add fuel to the fire concerning that potential scenario. But the time has arrived to either come clean with everybody or cancel the event for this year so folks can make alternative plans, just like I did this morning...
I am sorry to hear you will not be able to attend. And I am equally sorry that we cannot provide more information than we have been to avoid frustration on the end of our members/attendees. It really does upset me that we can't avoid it.

That said, there's no rift. I'd like to know who started that rumor, because there's no substance to it. The same team of people who've worked together on Fests I-VI are working on this one, as well. The lack of full detail does not at all relate to such a silly rumor.

As I've repeated a few times...we have not canceled our annual event. So, I would encourage everyone to take that at face value. But we cannot "come clean", either, as much as I may want to.

Sometimes...good things require waiting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Seems they are only interested in posting to promote their friends businesses whether vendor on c5 or not
Don't know what this means.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #478
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Keeping the faith! Really good info is most often embargo'd to the hilt. Then spilled when the time is right.

First rule of fight club, there is no fight club.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #479
Chad 22

Drives: Looking for Camaro SS
I'll throw a vote in for WGI
It's close to Buffalo! And it's almost in my back yard, so I'm biased. They just resurfaced the track, so that's as plus!
Chad 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #480
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
They've already chosen the location they just can't figure out the details.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:38 AM   #481
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
They've already chosen the location they just can't figure out the details.
Where is the location, did i miss the post?

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #482
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
Where is the location, did i miss the post?

United States

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #483
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
United States

Ryan
Probably September'ish
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:06 AM   #484
Roasstum1
EbonyCamaro

Drives: Black SS 14
October would be good. That would give me a chance to make arrangements!!
Roasstum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #485
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Of course there is a rift. They don't do what I tell them to do and I am rifted. I'll be even more rifted if they don't announce a date...SOON!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #486
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Beyond that, some of us have become a bit more busy in our personal lives the past years. We do not get payed to moderate the website. or organize the Fest. With that mind, sometimes other priorities appear. In my own case, over the past year and a half or so, I've been on the hunt for a house as well as dealing with some family "crisis'".
First of all, if "life" is getting in the way of things, then that is the time to "lean on" or rely on others for help. Since the last fest, my best friend (Zleeper) and I have offered to help in any way possible, including planning and organizing. If one member of the team falters, then another member can help step in and pick up the slack. When I offered my help, I got the impression that the organizational committee was set and that help was only wanted and needed for running things at the fest. (Which is fine by me)I wish we could have been utilized during the times life got in the way and then maybe we'd be closer to a finalized fest at this point in the game. Oh well...
I certainly hope life and the "crises" have subsided for you as well as the rest of the committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
And I am equally sorry that we cannot provide more information than we have been to avoid frustration on the end of our members/attendees. It really does upset me that we can't avoid it.
Y'all can provide more information...y'all choose not to. I would imagine this is to keep the wolves at bay concerning the location. I think this is a bit misguided, as somebody is gonna be upset no matter where you have it. There is no way around that and by not providing any info, you are hurting people who would go no matter where it is held.

If you know when it is not going to be, that info can help some. If you have it narrowed down to two places, you can tell us that without naming them. If you expect a call back from some places within two weeks, tell us that. People (and Spouses) respond better to: "we are expecting to hear something from one of the places in the next two weeks. Hopefully we will have a location and time then." than "I don't know", or "I can't tell you", or the much ballyhooed "Soon..". Something is better than nothing!

If you tell us information, then you'll just have some folks hacked off at the location. If you tell us nothing, you'll still have the folks hacked at the location AND you have folks mad for lack of info. If it were up to me, I think I'd choose the former as there would be less mad people.

I don't think I am only speaking for myself here, please tell us something.
faSSteddie

Last edited by faSSteddie; 03-07-2016 at 04:49 PM.
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #487
dbauer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 Convertible
I'll have to agree with faSSteddie on this one...providing any information, as long as it is true and useful, is a proven management strategy that keeps everyone on board the plan, more so than dropping a bomb of complete information after the vast majority already has their feathers in a ruffle.
It keeps the waters calm and allows everyone to feel a part of the process and an important part of the group. You guys do a great job with this every year, maybe its time to step up communication efforts.
Thanks
dbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:19 PM   #488
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Our Lives Matter!
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #489
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Doesn't waiting longer to announce at least a location or date increase the chances folks won't come, specifically, vendors? Most of us just can't take off work whenever we want. I gotta imagine the vendors need to plan ahead as well.

Unless it's close to me, I'm almost guaranteed to miss it this year. Sucks.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:50 AM   #490
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Where the camarofest at?
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san antonio