Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Axel back setup with GFX

Seems that the flowmaster outlaws won't work with the GFX kit on my car. Has anybody with the GFX installed an axel back exhaust which sounds good?

I really wanted the outlaws after hearing a bunch of clips and now i'm not sure which one would be the second runner up and work with the GFX.

Is it true that an axel back will sound nearly as good as the cat back on these cars?

thanks,
J
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
That is correct. Flowmaster's Outlaw Axle-back kit doesn't fit cars equipped with the factory ground effects package. My next recommendation, if you are looking for an aggressive Axle-back, would be the American Thunder kit. Let me know if you have any questions.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster View Post
That is correct. Flowmaster's Outlaw Axle-back kit doesn't fit cars equipped with the factory ground effects package. My next recommendation, if you are looking for an aggressive Axle-back, would be the American Thunder kit. Let me know if you have any questions.
I find it pretty ridiculous that you guys can't skip a step in production and not weld on tips. That literally is the only difference. The factory exhaust doesn't have square tips, just square trim ring.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Agree. Guess they aren't missing enough market share to bother with the verts. I'm going with the Solo axle back instead after extensive listening and polling of others.

Jasper
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster View Post
So the American Thunder kit would fit with the factory ground effects?

Edit - nvm. I see that you guys make 2 versions - on for gfx and one for no gfx. Looks like I'll be cutting my tips off
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote